Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

So far they are still investigating the filters, I will post an update once I have one on the issue of VF customers unable to access Boards when on their VF connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Has the touch site changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have been getting intermittent blank pages when clicking through from email links and also from links from one forum to another. Probably happening in around 10 - 15% of the time. A page refresh sorts it but it really shouldn't be doing that in any event. Im using the latest version of IE on a desktop PC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Getting a lot of these this afternoon...
    Boards.ie Message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

petes wrote: »
    Has the touch site changed?

In what sense?
    muffler wrote: »
    I have been getting intermittent blank pages when clicking through from email links and also from links from one forum to another. Probably happening in around 10 - 15% of the time. A page refresh sorts it but it really shouldn't be doing that in any event. Im using the latest version of IE on a desktop PC

[mechanic's voice] Well, there's your problem [/mechanic's voice] Joking, of course. Will look into this.
    >> No error message to work with? Could it perhaps be a connection issue?

Getting a lot of these this afternoon...

Will check this out and see what may be the problem.
    >> Do you have any links in particular where it is occurring (or just a link for reference sake)? Any other details you can provide?

• Advertisement

In what sense?

[

Looks like the attached now whereas it didn't a couple of days ago.

Boards.ie Employee

petes wrote: »
    Looks like the attached now whereas it didn't a couple of days ago.

That's what the Responsive Site looks like. If you scroll to the very bottom of the page, you'll see an option for Legacy Site if you'd like to switch back.

That's what the Responsive Site looks like. If you scroll to the very bottom of the page, you'll see an option for Legacy Site if you'd like to switch back.

Ah grand, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I've been getting DNS fails for the last week or so. Clicking into threads doesn't work and some forums won't load.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

mud wrote: »
    I've been getting DNS fails for the last week or so. Clicking into threads doesn't work and some forums won't load.

From google indexes ?

Noticed that myself. They are not resolving because of the question mark at the end of the indexed page. Back spacing that ? re-links it but very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Guys, are we to believe that whatever bug the site is experiencing, cannot be solved within one week, by techies in either end of boards or Vodafone?

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

STB. wrote: »
    From google indexes ?

Noticed that myself. They are not resolving because of the question mark at the end of the indexed page. Back spacing that ? re-links it but very annoying.

That issue should have been fixed yesterday. Is it still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Slideways

I still cannot access from my mobile consistently on touch.

IPhone with the last update on safari

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So far they are still investigating the filters, I will post an update once I have one on the issue of VF customers unable to access Boards when on their VF connection.

FWIW - I am a VF Mobile User. Can connect fine to Boards on full & responsive site.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

Chrome on android is giving me an error when trying to access the site "www.boards.ie redirected you too many times". I've clear all browsing data - no good.
    Oddly Incognito Mode opens boards just fine.

Both times I click on the same google search url "www.boards.ie"

Android 6.0, MotoG3, Chrome 53.0.2785.124, Network: 48.

laptop on UPC works fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Im on touch site and on certain threads I'm following, when I click on it, screen changes, to legacy I think and Not Found in bold is on-screen and it instructs me to try a word search

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A few things:

1. Since yesterday evening, the drop down menus both in 'Quick Reply' and the advanced 'Reply to thread', the thread tools and the 'Search this thread' menus in the Legacy site seem to have changed. Are these going to be permanent changes?

2. The advance search doesn't seem to be working properly, this evening. The 'Posted by user' option, for instance, doesn't work (it's not searching for names).

3. For a while, now, I've noticed that certain links within IMG tags become invisible (I just see a blank text box) - another user told me it's because I'm using firefox, but the funny thing is that if I copy and paste the url in the address box then the image appears without any problems - has this something to do with the embedding 'system', as opposed to the browser, and will it be fixed?

4. For the past few months I've noticed that if I reply to a PM or a post that contains smilies and I quote it, or if I insert a smilie in a post or PM using the icons on the left of the text box (as opposed to 'typing' it), then the message gets blocked by the Cloudflare/'I'm not a robot' screen, and sometimes that returns a blank screen instead of posting my message/PM even if I click in the relevant box as requested (I don't know if I've explained it clearly enough, sorry). This is very annoying.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've been getting "too many redirect" errors on Touch all weekend on Android 6/Opera. Clearing browsing history etc has no effect. Same result regardless of being on WiFi or data (3)

The Vodafone issue seems to be resolved.

Boards.ie Employee

Morning all,

Looking into (and following up on) your issues.
    New Home wrote: »
    A few things:

1. Since yesterday evening, the drop down menus both in 'Quick Reply' and the advanced 'Reply to thread', the thread tools and the 'Search this thread' menus in the Legacy site seem to have changed. Are these going to be permanent changes?

2. The advance search doesn't seem to be working properly, this evening. The 'Posted by user' option, for instance, doesn't work (it's not searching for names).

3. For a while, now, I've noticed that certain links within IMG tags become invisible (I just see a blank text box) - another user told me it's because I'm using firefox, but the funny thing is that if I copy and paste the url in the address box then the image appears without any problems - has this something to do with the embedding 'system', as opposed to the browser, and will it be fixed?

4. For the past few months I've noticed that if I reply to a PM or a post that contains smilies and I quote it, or if I insert a smilie in a post or PM using the icons on the left of the text box (as opposed to 'typing' it), then the message gets blocked by the Cloudflare/'I'm not a robot' screen, and sometimes that returns a blank screen instead of posting my message/PM even if I click in the relevant box as requested (I don't know if I've explained it clearly enough, sorry). This is very annoying.

Thanks.

Hmm, unusual issues. Will see if others have reported similar and try to replicate. Do you have a picture of the new drop downs in issue 1. I don't think I've noticed a change.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've been getting "too many redirect" errors on Touch all weekend on Android 6/Opera. Clearing browsing history etc has no effect. Same result regardless of being on WiFi or data (3)

Out of curiosity (because it was mentioned by another user), could you try using boards in incognito mode and let me know how that goes.

Can other Vodafone users confirm/deny please?
    Im on touch site and on certain threads I'm following, when I click on it, screen changes, to legacy I think and Not Found in bold is on-screen and it instructs me to try a word search

What browser are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Out of curiosity (because it was mentioned by another user), could you try using boards in incognito mode and let me know how that goes.

Hi Mark,

Never thought of that :) It worked though... interesting!

For reference: Opera version 37.0.2192.105088 on Android 6.0.1 (S6 Edge+)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Slideways

When I was having issues it appears to have been with the hosted forums more often. The only way I could view it was to go up to the notifications counter in the top RH corner, click on that which, select the new posts notification.
    This would then bring me to a new style of touch and I could then view the thread when clicking on it.
    If I went back to my bookmarked page for new posts it would throw up the same screenshot I have posted further up this page

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Can other Vodafone users confirm/deny please?

Am currently browsing on Vodafone mobile data and appears to be fine now. Wasn't working on Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Morning all,

What browser are you using?

Hi Mark,
    I also reported the "too many redirects". I'm on Android 6 - Chrome - works fine in incognito mode.

Boards.ie Employee

GBX wrote: »
    Hi Mark,
    I also reported the "too many redirects". I'm on Android 6 - Chrome - works fine in incognito mode.

This issue seems to be occurring because of how Chrome sends requests to the server. Doesn't happen with other browsers and incognito browsing seems to avoid whatever it is that Chrome is ordinarily doing that results in this error.

We're still keeping an eye on it and tweaking some things, which will hopefully make a difference. But shout if it keeps happening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not for me it isn't :(

Same 'XMPBlocked/always' line in address bar.

And not a word back from Vodafone since they acknowledged getting my pm and said they were escalating it to engineers.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not for me it isn't :(

Same 'XMPBlocked/always' line in address bar.

And not a word back from Vodafone since they acknowledged getting my pm and said they were escalating it to engineers.

Yeah, sorry, I made a boo-boo. :o
    Guys I'm sorry, but I made an error earlier in the day.

I have 2 phones, one for business(on Vodafone) and one for personal (3) and I popped my 3 sim into my work phone at the weekend, and forgot to change it back until 4pm today. So it was actually the 3 network that was allowing me to gain access to boards.

Sad to have to report back that the issues not sorted at all for Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

New Home wrote: »

This has been like this for several weeks at least on the touch site when I've tried to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No issues with Vodafone at Home BB here. ( hopefullly that is not tempting fate)

Is it just the mobile network that is causing issues.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No issues with Vodafone at Home BB here. ( hopefullly that is not tempting fate)

Is it just the mobile network that is causing issues.
    Yes, and only if you have the Universal or Teen content access profile enabled on your account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement