Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Latest problem seems to be resolved.

Eta....

Aaaand, wouldn't you know - no sooner had I posted this than it's gone again, "the connection has timed out" :(

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

There does appear to be an issue with Vodafone connections at the moment - we've contacted Vodafone to lift any block they have on us wo we'll update you here when we have more info. Thanks.

HeidiHeidi are you still on the Vodafone connection now or another provider?

Hi guys,
    Sheena in Vodafone will look into this for you individually if you can PM her with details of the issue you are experiencing. If it turns out not to be Vodafone specific, please let me know and we'll look into it further.

You can PM Sheena here.

There does appear to be an issue with Vodafone connections at the moment - we've contacted Vodafone to lift any block they have on us wo we'll update you here when we have more info. Thanks.

HeidiHeidi are you still on the Vodafone connection now or another provider?

Nope, I'm back at home on my wifi.

Both times I had issues I was tethered to a VF mobile.

I'll contact Sheena to see if she can shed any light on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Rang customer care on three occasions this am, the three times I did they told me they had lifted the restrictions. I still couldn't get on to threads. I could access a forums front page, but it would not let me click on a thread.

Occasionally I was getting an "access denied" warning, as it must-have thought boards was an over 18 webpage.

I then walked in to a Vodafone shop.

They couldn't understand the problem either. :confused:

I am now on the site via a proxy server, as it seems vodafones has blacklisted boards.

I will pm Sheena, but seems to be a major problem as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement

Rang customer care on three occasions this am, the three times I did they told me they had lifted the restrictions. I still couldn't get on to threads. I could access a forums front page, but it would not let me click on a thread.

Occasionally I was getting an "access denied" warning, as it must-have thought boards was an over 18 webpage.

I then walked in to a Vodafone shop.

They couldn't understand the problem either. :confused:

I am now on the site via a proxy server, as it seems vodafones has blacklisted boards.

I will pm Sheena, but seems to be a major problem as far as I can tell.
    This was exactly what I experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I had the same issue when I was in Lahinch over the weekend and again earlier today when I was out and about.

Vodafone asked for thread urls and when I went back to check now that I am home, not having any issues now.

Seems to be resolved here also.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I am still getting the XMPBlocked url when clicking threads, though front page remains ok.

I am still getting the XMPBlocked url when clicking threads, though front page remains ok.
    Vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yeah, just on the Vodafone mobile data network. No such problems on Sky BB at home or Vodafone and Virgin BB elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Doh! just realised that I was on wifi. Still have the issue.

Yeah, just on the Vodafone mobile data network. No such problems on Sky BB at home or Vodafone and Virgin BB elsewhere.
    Yep, looks like Vodafone have listed Boards as an 18+ site on their mobile data network for some reason. I wonder if they get submissions from the outside to decide what to block. Strange, considering that they have a presence here too.

Scratch that, mine is still kicking me out, back using a vpn to post this.

VF reps haven't replied to the thread on the talk to forum for an update.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

10.163.19.253.9501/XMPBlocked/always.html

Getting the very same thing.

Talk to Vodafone:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Slideways

Totally borked on touch site. Can't get access to any threads. I get re-directed to the full page.

TBH, the ongoing issues this site has been having is a shambles.

It's been dragging on for way to long at this stage.

Bring back CuLT? :pac:

398428.PNG

And he's in Australia ^^^^

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Wasn't having any problems earlier in the week but this morning all I can access is the front page when off wi-fi, any links I click to move away from front page redirect to 10.163.19.253:9501/XMPBlocked/always.html

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Wasn't having any problems earlier in the week but this morning all I can access is the front page when off wi-fi, any links I click to move away from front page redirect to 10.163.19.253:9501/XMPBlocked/always.html

That's a Vodafone issue. Not much that Boards can do except to try to pester Vodafone to remove the block.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Yes I understand that. I'll stay within range of my router while Vodafone get pestered! I posted I was having the problem to let Boards know the problem was still happening.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    That's a Vodafone issue. Not much that Boards can do except to try to pester Vodafone to remove the block.

Not sure if it's a vodafone unique problem, wasn't there a poster in Australia reporting the same issues, he was on the Telstra network, and I believe there's also been a report of some 3 customer's also here in Ireland

Not sure if it's a vodafone unique problem, wasn't there a poster in Australia reporting the same issues, he was on the Telstra network, and I believe there's also been a report of some 3 customer's also here in Ireland
    The issue of being redirected to http://10.163.19.253:9501/XMPBlocked/always.html is definitely Vodafone because that's a private IP that can't be routed outside of Vodafone. It's the URL to their block page.

If other ISPs are affected, I'm going to come straight out and say it. Judging by the recent Phishtank thing, is someone deliberately attempting to make Boards inaccessible?

I'll admit that I don't really understand the above post, being something of a Luddite - but it seems to me that Boards are blaming Vodafone and Vodafone are trying to shove the blame back at Boards (going by a PM I got from VF today).

All I know is it's a PITA, I'm going to be depending on my VF data for a lot of the next few days and looks like Boards won't be accessible on the laptop.

Sort it out between ye, lads!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm getting malwarebytes hits when I load boards pages and avatars aren't showing up.
    Refreshed a couple times

i wonder if someone is trying to blacklist boards.ie by flagging the site on some of the anti phishing & malware monitoring sites, OpenDNS was blocking boards last weekend due to it being flagged as a phishing site.

Where ISP's are using third party sites to filter malicious sites, boards could be blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Round up the usual suspects.

Not your ornery onager

Sorry about this guys, I've messaged our contacts in Vodafone to see what they have found out so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Cloudflare again a few minutes ago.

Don't know if it was Cloudflare or not but i got a "Error 504 Gateway Timeout" message for a while earlier on the touch site on the mobile .... still no access to the main site using VF data tethered to laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

We'd a loadbalancer experience a minor hiccup that resulted in some connections getting refused for a minute. It's been righted now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement