Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Karsini wrote: »
    Yes, and only if you have the Universal or Teen content access profile enabled on your account.

What's this mean???

I shouldn't have any filters applied to my account (if that's what the above implies) - i certainly never looked for any.

Harumph :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It must be an opt out kind of thing, VF assume you want the filter & have to request to take it off.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It must be an opt out kind of thing, VF assume you want the filter & have to request to take it off.

Well yes, that might make sense.... but Vodafone are claiming to have no idea what is causing this block and say they're investigating (for the last week now).... surely if it was something like that it'd be a simple and obvious fix???

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What's this mean???

I shouldn't have any filters applied to my account (if that's what the above implies) - i certainly never looked for any.

Harumph :(
    Log in to My Vodafone, click "Manage my details" and "Change personal details". What does the Content Access Profile say? If you're not age verified with Vodafone then you only have the option of Universal or Teen and these profiles apply content filters. If you have the Restricted over-18 Profile, this removes all restrictions.

On prepay the Universal profile is enabled by default. Billpay users generally don't have this enabled as they'd be age verified at the point of registration.

Log in to My Vodafone, click "Manage my details" and "Change personal details". What does the Content Access Profile say? If you're not age verified with Vodafone then you only have the option of Universal or Teen and these profiles apply content filters. If you have the Restricted over-18 Profile, this removes all restrictions.

On prepay the Universal profile is enabled by default. Billpay users generally don't have this enabled as they'd be age verified at the point of registration.

Just checked this and i do indeed have the "Restricted Over 18 Profile".

So that's not the problem then.

• Advertisement

Just checked this and i do indeed have the "Restricted Over 18 Profile".

So that's not the problem then.
    Strange. Because Boards isn't blocked for me at all. :confused:

Strange. Because Boards isn't blocked for me at all. :confused:

Is that on mobile data or BB?

(Sorry if you've said already)

Is that on mobile data or BB?

(Sorry if you've said already)

Mobile data. Touch and legacy sites work, haven't tried responsive.

I'm posting all this on the touch site on my phone.

Full site won't even load on the phone. It'll load the"cover pages" on the laptop while tethered, but won't open any threads.

It's a total pain!

I'm posting all this on the touch site on my phone.

Full site won't even load on the phone. It'll load the"cover pages" on the laptop while tethered, but won't open any threads.

It's a total pain!

Edit.... aha, I accidentally tried to post this while still (not) on the full site.... i eventually got the usual error/blocked message and switched back.... but the post had posted - twice.

Wtf is going on???

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Vodafone still looking into the issue, but no updates to report just yet

Hi Folks,

We have no updates to report at the moment. The issue is still under investigation. As soon as we have any updates we'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

(From the Talk To forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

How do I stop my phone reverting to boards.IE/b instead of the touch site? I much prefer the touch site.

How do I stop my phone reverting to boards.IE/b instead of the touch site? I much prefer the touch site.
    There should be a legacy site link at the bottom of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Dare I say it, but the Vodafone issue seems to be resolved now. (And yes, I've my Vodafone sim card in today)

Anyone else on vf seen their issues resolved?

Boards.ie Employee

Dare I say it, but the Vodafone issue seems to be resolved now. (And yes, I've my Vodafone sim card in today)

I'm not falling for that one again :p Fingers crossed! Will keep an eye out for other updates saying the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

No, checked AND double checked.

She seems to be resolved here anyway.

KOaKgx.png

Well, Hallelujah is all I can say if it's true!

I'm back on wifi for the foreseeable, but it'll be nice to know that the mobile data will work next time I need it.

Have Vodafone made any comment yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Getting LOTS of these errors when trying to post/delete posts this afternoon...
    Boards.ie Message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

And these errors when thanking posts...
    If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.]]>

Boards.ie Employee

Getting LOTS of these errors when trying to post/delete posts this afternoon...

And these errors when thanking posts...

Previously, Ctrl F5 / clearing cookies fixed it. Could you try that please and let me know if anything changes. Also, what browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Am on crappy IE 11.

Will try Ctrl+F5 if it happens again.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Vodafone confirmed this morning that this is officially resolved. Thanks everyone for your patience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I'm getting this error for the last 2 days on one thread in particular.

Boards.ie Employee

What thread is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Thread in a private forum. It's only that thread I'm having trouble with and I'm using touch on android.

Boards.ie Employee

Thread in a private forum. It's only that thread I'm having trouble with and I'm using touch on android.

Could you PM me please so that I can follow up on it. Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm also receiving this error message this morning. However is on at least 2 threads for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

This is only happening for me on the Touch site btw. 2 particular threads in a private forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

this is also now happening me on all my followed threads
    Only happening on android touch site
    fine on iPhone

Well, Hallelujah is all I can say if it's true!

I'm back on wifi for the foreseeable, but it'll be nice to know that the mobile data will work next time I need it.

Have Vodafone made any comment yet?
    Yayy - back in (mobile) action here! :)

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

km79 wrote: »
    this is also now happening me on all my followed threads
    Only happening on android touch site
    fine on iPhone
    cee_jay wrote: »
    This is only happening for me on the Touch site btw. 2 particular threads in a private forum.

Looking into these issues. Are you on Android as well, cee_jay? Could you both try using Incognito Mode and see if that resolves things?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement