Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Same issue here. Never logging out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is it true that this DDOS attack was launched from servers in Malta, Dublin 4 and the Carribean?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Opposite for me. Still logged in on my laptop, but on my phone I've been logged out and any time I hit the login button it says internal error. I presume these things are still being investigated though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My friend can't log in at work. She was using it fine last night at home as she was already logged in, but this is the page she's getting when she tries to log in at work:

RhqFUM1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

working at a crawl this AM. can log in but getting on a thread is extremely slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Double-posting. Double-posting everywhere. This will double-post, so I'll leave the duplicate for posterity.

Edit: Damn, it didn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The touch site is flying along for me, but the normal one is pig slow for some reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alun wrote: »
    The touch site is flying along for me, but the normal one is pig slow for some reason.

Shnap. Good thing I can only log in from my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Touch site isn't working at all for me and the full site is VERY slow or not working at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Apparently I'm the only logged in user at the moment !!!!!!!!!!!!

157n56u.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Ruu wrote: »
    Had the same message when trying to access rte.ie earlier, think they are taking a hit too.

National Lottery got hit with a DDOS attack, and I was getting a cloudflare redirect page on joe.ie as well (so I assume they were having difficulties).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Touch working fine for me on mobile. Can't login on desktop though, get 'you can only use this API on https'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Still can't login on desktop :(

Note to self NEVER clear my browser credentials again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

stevek93 wrote: »
    Still can't login on desktop :(

Note to self NEVER clear my browser credentials again...

I think everybody gets logged out every two weeks automatically. It'll be like a low budget horror movie around here with us all getting picked off one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Dav wrote: »
    So obviously there are still some issues we're trying to iron out. Time-outs are frequent for us and there are issues with logging in and out. These are all being worked on as we speak and if I had a more concrete estimate for you on when they'll be back, I'd share it. We're obviously as keen to get this sorted out as anyone!

Keep up the good work guys

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fair play the tech team !

Why people attack sites is beyond me, gob****es

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

seamus wrote: »
    Double-posting. Double-posting everywhere. This will double-post, so I'll leave the duplicate for posterity.

Edit: Damn, it didn't :D

I've double posting everywhere too. And page freezing while deleting duplicates. My guess is the whole cloudflare thing somehow won't cooperate with ajax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

vicwatson wrote: »

DDOS attacks aren't half as bad as 'double post clutter':p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

vicwatson wrote: »

The rather unfortunate fact of the matter is that just about any looderamawn can download a "DDOS Toolkit" sort of thing these days and point it any website. They can be a bit difficult to detect and mitigate, particularly the cleverer Layer-7 type ones. So there's no shortage of maladjusted malcontents who can create a disproportionate amount of havoc. This is why it is desirable to have a crew of rather "impatient" policemen isolate their address and location and then go and insert their computer equipment wherever it will fit. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,175 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey,
    I know that ye are more relieved than concerned, but the website for me is extra-ordinarily slow and I cannot actually log in on my android phone - i'm getting a server error.
    Just thought I would let ye know :)
    Good luck with the repair work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,175 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey,
    I know that ye are more relieved than concerned, but the website for me is extra-ordinarily slow and I cannot actually log in on my android phone - i'm getting a server error.
    Just thought I would let ye know :)
    Good luck with the repair work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I can log on with a emobile dongle but not from the LAN (at work), no go from my phone either and didn't work from my broadband at home earlier this morning, 'tis strange

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know if anyone else has already reported these issues/glitches, but this is what I'm coming across - I'm using the full desktop site and beta is turned off:

1. When I post images in certain threads, they aren't showing, not even as a link.
    2. The Search button on threads brings you to the bottom of the page instead of showing a 'drop-down' menu at the top. When I go to advance search from there, I get a '404 - Page Not Found! The page you requested does not exist on the server' error.
    3. Clicking on a member I.D. on threads will bring you directly to that user's page instead of showing a 'drop-down' menu to let you choose if you wanted to see that person's page, send them a PM, see previous threads, etc, which would have been the norm before.
    4. Broken icon beside my user I.D. at the top of the page.
    5. Posts take absolute ages to post, then get posted twice.
    6. The system is still quite slow in general.
    7. The function 'Find all my posts' is returning only some of the most recent posts, not all of them. EDIT Now I just get an error page.

8. I don't know if it's part of the ongoing changes to the site, but some parts actually look different - the little boxes showing the page numbers are smaller, and there are little black triangles (like for drop-down menus) over 'Thread Tools', 'Search this Thread' and 'Rate Thread' at the top of the page. These are obviously trivial things, I only mention them in case they turn out to be useful to someone.

Other than that, I'm very glad you're back, I'm sure I wasn't the only one cheering you on, and thanks for all your efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

There are still a lot of things we're trying to sort out as we've had to make a very hasty and significant reconfiguration of some of our infrastructure (and I'm sure you'll appreciate that we don't want to get into too many specific details about this publicly) beyond just sticking Cloudflare in front of our traffic as a shield.

We'll keep you posted whenever we make any breakthroughs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks for that Dav & Co, hang in there - the hamsters will deserve extra carrots when this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can post from my phone but I can't login from any other device. I don't want to logout on my phone just in case I can't log back in. I hope those who carried out this attack are caught and chemically castrated. ****ing w@nk€rs!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Still struggling with log in failing. I on my phone now and it takes 15 seconds for a page to open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement