Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Touch site is all over the place. Totally unusable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Dav wrote: »
    Basic security measures.

Touch site seems to be acting up since.

Should I be worried about my personal information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The touch site was switching to the beta site (ugh, by the way) completely by itself this morning.
    (EDIT and when I scrolled to the bottom, it was still saying "Turn beta on" so I couldn't switch it back)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Getting broken image links on avatars in the Talk to ... forums, specifically AIB. http://avatar.b-static.net/711374.gif gives an internal server error 500 when opened in an external tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

I work in Enterprise and Industrial IT. We measure uptime of our systems in years, not hours or days.
    Let me know if I can give you advice on improving the reliability of your site. I'm a busy guy, but I'd be happy to assist if I could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

So, we're having hardware issues at the moment. 2 of our database slaves are just about hanging on there and that's why you see issues with ghost notifications, posts disappearing only to reappear later etc. Unfortunately, there's a pretty severe knock on effect when 2 DB slaves fall over and that affects the load balancing machines (there are 6 of them) as well as the two remaining slave and master DB machines.

Rónán is currently working hard to sort this stuff out and assess what might need replacing etc. We seem stable for the moment as you can see, we're keeping a very close eye on the various monitors we have to catch any problems of database synchronisation issues before their effects are felt on the site.

When I have a more solid update with what we're planning on doing to make a more permanent fix, I'll let you know.

Oh, and Frada and anyone else concerned about personal info, those change to the login/authentication/etc that I mentioned went live some time ago last year and would be unrelated to any of the current issues. There's been nothing happening here that would be cause for concern for personal info - we'd take the site off-line completely if anything like that ever happened and we'd let you know about it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks for the update, Dav.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Guys can you take a look at the mobile version and the ads. They seem to make the site take 12 times longer to load on the Android chrome browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Was banjoed again for a time, gateway errors and what not.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Site wasn't working there

Just incase you were unaware like :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Site wasn't working there

Just incase you were unaware like :p

Mmm. That'll be a badger in the airbox. Time of year, y'see - they get everywhere and cause no end of havoc. They're after the heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

More down time.

On a plus side, site is back up and working lightning fast. Each page is loading very quickly, like it was before the beta site was enabled (or at least around the same time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

If only jimgoose!

We were hit with another DDOS since around 2pm, not a dang thing we could do to help unfortunately. We're investigating what (if any) issues we're having in the wake of it - there might be some DB sync issues again which would cause the dummy notifications and missing posts etc that people experience when such a thing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The site's down again for me. Typing this on the sites app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Currently Active Users: 324 (38 members and 286 guests)

I take it me being on the old forum software is helping or something cos the place is dead for hours now....its like wandering around in a closed museum...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hallelujah we're back.

These issues have really been a pain in the arse lately

• Registered Users Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks to whoever worked on this out of hours to get the site back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

josip wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever worked on this out of hours to get the site back up.

And feck whoever attacked it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

DDoS extortion gang suspect arrested by European police

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35297536

Id wondered were they the lads involved when I read it a week back, seemingly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Bloody hell, took a fair auld beating today. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dav wrote: »
    We were hit with another DDOS since around 2pm, not a dang thing we could do to help unfortunately.
    /checks the League of Bastards for possibles...

Was it Santa?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

First time I've been able to get on since last night, still very slow

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

just able to log on 2mins ago, mobile still down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Feel sorry for you guys having to deal with this crap, Twitter has been hit too.

Good to see you back up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Your site was down there a while.

Just in case you didn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I've been out for about 24 /30 hours now, but now I'm back there's loads of notifications.

So does it affect some more than others?

Should I ask in CT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Your site was down there a while.

Just in case you didn't know.

A while??? A while?????? How long is a while in your neck of the woods? It's been out here for AGES :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

A while??? A while?????? How long is a while in your neck of the woods? It's been out here for AGES :o

A while is longer than a wee while and shorter than a right while.

So, did yous catch the baddies or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

And they just stopped bothering to give updates on Twitter last night, no updates today at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Been down all day until a few minutes ago for me.

I even had to resort to talking to the wife!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement