Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which TV show would you like to see return for another season?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

pavb2 wrote: »
    Kung Fu

Great theme tune . . . Ahhh grasshopper!

http://youtu.be/wQBVYko_uhQ

...which reminds me - "The Water Margin" could do with a remake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Can't say that i agree at all. Plenty of great stuff got cancelled because it just didn't get the numbers because Dancing with the Bake Off Survivor or some other brain=off **** was on at the same time.

Deadwood breaks your argument.

Other examples: Firefly and Arrested Development (arguably the most influential comedy show of the last 25-30 years, outside of the Simpsons).

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

yayamark wrote: »
    The Unit

Definitely this, it was a show that ended too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I would suggest 3rd Rock from the Sun and The Dukes of Hazzard.

Maybe something for the kids as well like Mr.Men & Little Miss, Pinky & The Brain and Animaniacs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    There should really be a clause in TV contracts that any show that gets cancelled but has been showing improvement in the previous few weeks gets a TV movie to wrap up the loose ends.
    Therein lies the path to serenity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

kowloon wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/aug/23/blackadder-new-series-on-the-cards-tony-robinson

Would like to see a reboot or second season of Space: Above & Beyond.

That is a great shout, the show aged quite poorly and you can say that BSG probably did the same kind of thing 100 times better but it was a very enjoyable show.

Firefly to me is the obvious answer here as there was much left for that show and it really is a pity that it wasn't given a full season although the film did help.

I'd love a new star trek too. Loved DS9 when it was good it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Glenroe ;)

Wouldn't be the same. Miley's gone to the big farm in the sky
    And so is Dinny

It would be mad if a new ultra-violent version of Glenroe was made that was a rural version of Love/Hate with elements of Breaking Bad. We could even have a cameo or two from Fran the Man!! His caravan would not be far away.

It would star Miley's son, a bogstandard farmer who descends into depression after Miley is shot in 'an armed robbery'. He discovers the farm is gone broke and taking note of Fair City's Tommy 'the ram' Dillon, decides to take things into his own hands and he finds out Miley took a loan from a dangerous drug dealer. Miley's son, calling himself Midge, decides to take revenge and next thing he is the top drug dealer and fuel launderer in Wicklow. He then befriends Fran down the road and falls out with him, and then he gets into all sorts of clashes with the CIRA, RIRA, gangsters, cops and foreign criminals. Have the opening to it the same as Love/Hate and call it: Glen/Roe: Raking Bad!!! ;););););););)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

"Who's the Boss?"

TV at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Also, wtf is Firefly? Had a quick google of it, doesn't even ring a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

The UK office. In my opinion the best comedy ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Penn wrote: »
    Firefly instantly disproves your theory. It didn't end at the right time, having been cancelled halfway through its first season, yet is considered by many to be one of the best TV shows ever.

That being said, as much as I loved Firefly it's been too long since it finished that I don't think it would work if it came back.

Have you seen this? https://youtu.be/sLdcAvnAIZ0
    This is actually happening, get hype!!

KungPao wrote: »
    Also, wtf is Firefly? Had a quick google of it, doesn't even ring a bell.

It's class, and I don't like Star Trek, Stargate, etc at all in case you were worried it was a kind of clone of them (I really liked Battleship Galactica, mind! :p ). It's by Joss Whedon who also wrote and/or directed Toy Story, Buffy (not a fan, but it's highly acclaimed), Cabin in the Woods, Dollhouse and the two Avengers movies.

GerB40 wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I would suggest 3rd Rock from the Sun and The Dukes of Hazzard.

Maybe something for the kids as well like Mr.Men & Little Miss, Pinky & The Brain and Animaniacs.

Hell Yeah ! Great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GerB40 wrote: »

Yeah, waiting for all episodes to be released then will burst through them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

KungPao wrote: »
    "Who's the Boss?"

TV at its finest.

Yeah be good, and Alyssa said on Larry King she'd be up for it.

The cast also got together on the Tony Danza Show a few years back.

Danny has announced he has HIV recently though..

Advertisement