Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which TV show would you like to see return for another season?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Den Xmas Specials.

D'Arcy can do one though, this year it can be Zig, Zag and me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

NeVeR wrote: »
    DEXTER !!! we know he's not dead !!!!

Yeah, but he's a lumberjack and he's OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Scrubs, original cast and writing quality of the early seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

conorhal wrote: »
    Have you watched Veep? Armando Iannucci's US version, it's actually better then The Thick of It in my opinion.

If Malcolm Tucker isn't in it it couldn't possibly be a fraction as good as The Thick of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Yeah, but he's a lumberjack and he's OK!

I hear he sleeps all night and he works all day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There should really be a clause in TV contracts that any show that gets cancelled but has been showing improvement in the previous few weeks gets a TV movie to wrap up the loose ends.

Nothing worse than following a show for a season or two and being left with a cliffhanger, only to see it cancelled during the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

I'd have had a few, but thinking about it now and thinking about all the sequels, reboots and prequels clogging up our cinemas and tarnishing memories of great films I think if they're finished, let them be.

I'm also thinking about the recent series of Yes, Minister. The old show was amazing, one of the finest comedies made in my view. The new one was fairly awful.

You might want one more season, but think of the tale of the monkey's paw. You wish for a turkey sandwich, then the turkey turns out to be a little dry.

GerB40 wrote: »
    If Malcolm Tucker isn't in it it couldn't possibly be a fraction as good as The Thick of it...

I’d have assumed as much myself but in fact it turns out that's it’s strength. The Thick of it TBH has an over reliance on Tucker for the comedy, you spend a lot of time waiting for a Malcolm Tucker expletive laden explosion to make an episode.
    While the first season of Veep is very good, clearly it's laying the groundwork (feel free to skip it), but I assure you it's every bit as vicious and foul mouthed as The Thick of It, perhaps moreso but with much more nuanced characters, plenty of whom are just as caustic and cynical as Tucker but with the added bonus of US politics, because nobody does political insanity quite like the Yanks. Think if it as a comic House of Cards filled with the greedy, inept narcissists.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    There should really be a clause in TV contracts that any show that gets cancelled but has been showing improvement in the previous few weeks gets a TV movie to wrap up the loose ends.

Nothing worse than following a show for a season or two and being left with a cliffhanger, only to see it cancelled during the break.

I loved Entourage, and watched the movie recently which I think was 4 years after the final episode of the TV series.

Critics slated the movie, but I enjoyed it a lot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Jericho & Deadwood...damn writer's strike fúcked up a lot of great shows :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Bachelor's Walk. One of the few good shows on RTE
    A remake of The Untouchables

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The it crowd.uk comedy .
    Buffy the vampire slayer another 5 episodes with angel and buffy.
    The office uk version, maybe another few episodes .
    freaks and geeks us teen comedy.
    Where are the characters now.
    Maybe they are married or working in a startup .
    Bachelor's Walk is about the only good comedy made by rte .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

DakarVert wrote: »
    Only fools and horses.

Wonder what Delboy is at now?

He moved to the dark side....he became a copper....then he died :p

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Dirty Sexy Money.
    That was great but I think it only ran for 1 season..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

The best show that ever graced our screens should be brought back, and I'm not one bit biased.

My Name Is Earl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Blackadder

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/aug/23/blackadder-new-series-on-the-cards-tony-robinson

Would like to see a reboot or second season of Space: Above & Beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Quantum Leap. How awesome would it be to see Sam finally make the leap home, over 20 years later, in his old age? Could get some decent episodes from the times that have passed since, too.

Completely doable as well, with Scott Bakula now 60 and Dean Stockwell due to turn 80 next year. Plus we would get one of the best theme songs ever, oh boy!

God I have an unfettered love of Monkey, I even watched a couple of episodes recently and you know what, unlike a lot of stuff I might be nostalgic about, it's still worth a watch.

AMC has commissioned a new sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, kung Fu heavy series called 'Into the Badlands' which is loosely based on the 'Journey to the West' Buddhist mythology that Monkey also pretty loosely follows. The key word here of course is 'loosely' in both cases but sure as updates go it might be worth a look:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Mike & Angelo - The gritty reboot where Angelo, the alien, is holding Mike and his mother hostage in their house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Stargate Universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AdiDashery

The wire, The Sopranos, or Stargate sg1

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Have you watched Veep? Armando Iannucci's US version, it's actually better then The Thick of It in my opinion.

I wouldnt Say better, But both are amazing, but in totally different contexts..

Also....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

NeVeR wrote: »
    DEXTER !!! we know he's not dead !!!!

While a fan of the series overall, the writing had gone to shite over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Glenroe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wouldn't be the same. Miley's gone to the big farm in the sky :(
    And so is Dinny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

allibastor wrote: »
    Stargate Universe

There was hope for that, but it never quite got it together. Another season would have been fair enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I like Veep, but definitely prefer The Thick of It. Veep is too sitcom-esque, mainly because of Gary, and to a lesser extent Jonah. The Thick of It works because even though most of the characters are idiots, they're within the realms of possibility. Gary just ruins Veep for me, allowed to go way too far overboard. It suits Tony Hale in stuff like Arrested Development, it doesn't suit Veep.

Penn wrote: »
    I like Veep, but definitely prefer The Thick of It. Veep is too sitcom-esque, mainly because of Gary, and to a lesser extent Jonah. The Thick of It works because even though most of the characters are idiots, they're within the realms of possibility. Gary just ruins Veep for me, allowed to go way too far overboard. It suits Tony Hale in stuff like Arrested Development, it doesn't suit Veep.

AS they say, 'in matters of taste there is no dispute', this season's episode of Veep in Tehran however gave me the most ROTFL moments in a long time thanks to those two when they get left behind at the airport with a bag full of minature booze in a scenerio described by Mike as "Wonderful, black hawk down with Laurel and Hardy."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭jiltloop

This Is England;

It only finished on Sunday but I really wish it wasn't the last season to ever be made! Amazingly good series which started with a film. Incredible acting throughout but especially in the last season.

Advertisement