Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which TV show would you like to see return for another season?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

MacGyver with the original theme tune though.

CHiPs was class too, but the one I want to see is The Fall Guy, and not just for Heather Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Crystal Maze for some nostalgia.

I remember watching the re-runs of Takeshi's Castle with Craig Charles narrating and it was always gas so something like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Carlo Ancelotti

Wanderly Wagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Huxley Pig

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

I'd love to see the Cook report bought back.

Roger Cook was a legend.

• Advertisement

Carnivale!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

American Gothic and Hex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Breaking bad, just to see what came of Jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Frasier

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wanderly Wagon
    Bring back Rory.

Which reminds me of buying a book off Pat Ingoldsby years ago when a passerby shouted out "Forty Coats". He of the Hat was not impressed with her to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Reworked and additional footage for Reeling In The Years

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Space 1999 first series.

The Phil Silvers Show. (Sgt. Bilko)

Fawlty Towers

Black Books

The new Dangermouse just doesn't do it for me.

The Prisoner

The original black and white Twilight Zone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The Time Tunnel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I'd say Glenroe too but sure it'd be nothing without Miley and Dinny.
    My father was heartbroken when it ended. They could of course bring back Bracken. Byrne might be up for it too. The sexual tension in that show was shocking. Surprised they never had another spin off show, seeing as Glenroe was a spin-off from Bracken. The were decent shows, certainly when you compare them to anything RTE has done since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I used to pee myself at the original Tom agus Jerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

In Bed with Medinner, Bob Mills was brilliant, I've only ever met one other person who watched that show and I married him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Just remembered Police Squad.

Best cop show ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Star Trek - Deep Space 9 ot TNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Jericho

Terra Nova

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

would love to see no disco with donal dineen back, was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The Sopranos

Tony is dead. If it came back it would be a total letdown. By the way, The Sopranos is the greatest programme ever made. The time for mourning is over, let it just rest in peace...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Shooting Stars...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Buck Rogers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I used to pee myself at the original Tom agus Jerry.
    You were 6 months old?

Anyway I'd say Homicide - Life on the Streets one of the best cop shows ever, Andre Braugher the stand out, now in Brooklyn 9 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Stargate Universe.... it was really starting to get good when they cancelled it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I forgot to mention that they should bring back the best series EVER made: The one and only The Big Bow Wow.

I'd say Glenroe too but sure it'd be nothing without Miley and Dinny.
    My father was heartbroken when it ended. They could of course bring back Bracken. Byrne might be up for it too. The sexual tension in that show was shocking. Surprised they never had another spin off show, seeing as Glenroe was a spin-off from Bracken. The were decent shows, certainly when you compare them to anything RTE has done since.

I only really remember the later seasons of Glenroe and they were generally poor. Now the original writer had moved on at this stage. I remember a storyline from around 1995 where a character thinks her husband is having an affair and discovers he likes to stay back at work to play cards on the computer! Another story saw an angry farmer drive to a premises and dump a load of spuds against the door!

A shortlived series called On Home Ground succeeded Glenroe but the idea of a rural soap on a Sunday was ditched after this. Irish drama has excelled in my opinion in recent times with shows such as Love/Hate.

I am not sure how today's audiences would receive a new version of Glenroe. The history of how revived series fared has been overall poor. For example, the new version of Dallas could not last after Larry Hagman died, even though it was in my view quite a good series. A new take on Minder also did not last long on our screens. So would a Glenroe: the Next Generation with the sons and daughters of Biddy & Miley as the main characters fare any better? Probably not. The other problem is that the actors who played Dinny and Miley are dead and the actual Biddy character was killed off. I assume actors like Robert Carrickford are dead too? So, the series may be 99% of new characters and cover the same ground as Fair City. Perhaps Dick Moran and other characters could be there in the background to have some continuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

There was talks during the week of an A-Team reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

A new take on Minder also did not last long on our screens.

Oh don't talk to me about that thing.

Do you that they were actually going to do a few specials with Waterman and Cole and they couldn't make up their mind between that and doing that God awful crap with Shane Ritchie.

Same with Starsky & Hutch. They spent years in talks about doing a new season showing them as cops a few years of retirement and this also was shelved in favour of doing the reboot movie.

At least Auf Wiedersehen Pet gave us a new season of the characters in their later years. Was really good too.

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    Tony is dead. If it came back it would be a total letdown. By the way, The Sopranos is the greatest programme ever made. The time for mourning is over, let it just rest in peace...

The actor who played Tony is unfortunately dead. He was great and The Sopranos was one of the best series ever. If this actor was still alive, I would have no problem with a revival but it would only work with him playing Tony. It is like Dallas would not work and did not work without JR and no one can play JR only Larry Hagman.

Advertisement