Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which TV show would you like to see return for another season?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭brian_7070

gimmick wrote: »
    Boss.

Ended/cancelled with a load of loose ends. No other political drama (even House Of Cards) comes close for me.

Couldn't agree more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

conorhal wrote: »
    AS they say, 'in matters of taste there is no dispute', this season's episode of Veep in Tehran however gave me the most ROTFL moments in a long time thanks to those two when they get left behind at the airport with a bag full of minature booze in a scenerio described by Mike as "Wonderful, black hawk down with Laurel and Hardy."

Conor thanks for that cos I've struggled with Veep. Loved ITTOI and "In the Loop" but really struggled with Veep s1 and s2.

You have given me new hope my friend and I will persevere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The Fast Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Deadwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,346 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Conor thanks for that cos I've struggled with Veep. Loved ITTOI and "In the Loop" but really struggled with Veep s1 and s2.

You have given me new hope my friend and I will persevere.

Oh definitely don't get me wrong, Veep is a fantastic show. A slightly worse version of The Thick of It would still be considered to be better than 90% of whatever else is on :D

Plus it has one of my favourite quotes ever:

Selina: Jonah. Hey, listen, settle something for me.
    Jonah: Okay.
    Selina: You like to have sex and you like to travel?
    Jonah: Yes, ma'am.
    Selina: Then you can f*ck off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Firefly. Cowboys in Space - enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Morse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Nip/Tuck - it jumped the shark so the last series was pish. I'd love another one to remedy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Soap"

Anyone remember it? Late '70's. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

AdiDashery wrote: »
    The wire, The Sopranos, or Stargate sg1
    The first two were great, but another season would completely ruin them for a multitude of reasons. Maaaaaaaaybe you could do a one-off mini series on The Wires characters 10-15 years from now, but thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Manach wrote: »
    Firefly. Cowboys in Space - enough said.

I applaud your taste sir. Watched that not long ago, and was impressed. Likeable ensemble cast, cowboys, space.....what else do ye need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nodin wrote: »
    I applaud your taste sir. Watched that not long ago, and was impressed. Likeable ensemble cast, cowboys, space.....what else do ye need?

Alan Tudyk (Wash, the pilot) has to be one of the most likeable character/actor combos ever in it, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Magnum Pi
    Simon & Simon
    Scarecrow and Mrs king
    Family ties
    CHiPS

Relive my youth, happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Magnum Pi
    Simon & Simon
    Scarecrow and Mrs king
    Family ties
    CHiPS

Happy days as well? Jeez you're greedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

The Sopranos (if James Gandolfini was still alive)

Deadwood

True Detective (with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey)

Narcos

The Twilight Zone (and be as good as I remember them being as a child)

Top Gear (with Jeremy Clarkson and co.)

Only Fools And Horses

Fawlty Towers

The Office (with Ricky Gervais obviously)

Brass Eye

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Black Adder

Boardwalk Empire

Ally McBeal

This Life

An Idiot Abroad

Extras

The Wonder Years

The Ricky Gervais Show

Deadliest Catch

The Frank Skinner Show

Band Of Brothers/The Pacific (something similar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Early Doors & Generation Kill.

Also, I am figuratively dying for the follow up to The Pacific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Magnum Pi
    Simon & Simon
    Scarecrow and Mrs king
    Family ties
    CHiPS

But would any of them have the masterful editing, score, acting, make up and special effects wizardy of this shining example of the cinematic art?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Morse

+1. Not the same, but season 2 of Endeavour is back soon.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Veronica Mars.

A show that should have been utter teen twaddle but ended up being something ridiculously compelling for me because it was so outside of my sphere of experience in life and had numerous characters who were utterly unique. Some of the best writing in any TV show i've ever seen and i've seen 'em all. Can't recommend it enough, especially to people who will presume they will hate it because of the subject matter (high school/early college kids).

In the end, the mere fact that it wasn't teen twaddle got it cancelled and TV in general suffered because of it.

Also, i still have a huge crush on Kristen Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

All the greatest TV shows ended at exactly the right time, therefore I wouldn't like to see any of them return for another season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Veronica Mars.

A show that should have been utter teen twaddle but ended up being something ridiculously compelling for me because it was so outside of my sphere of experience in life and had numerous characters who were utterly unique. Some of the best writing in any TV show i've ever seen and i've seen 'em all. Can't recommend it enough, especially to people who will presume they will hate it because of the subject matter (high school/early college kids).

In the end, the mere fact that it wasn't teen twaddle got it cancelled and TV in general suffered because of it.

Also, i still have a huge crush on Kristen Bell.

They made a movie recently as the final tie up series. Haven't watched it but remember the show being entertaining enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Dead Like Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Aidric wrote: »
    All the greatest TV shows ended at exactly the right time, therefore I wouldn't like to see any of them return for another season.

Can't say that i agree at all. Plenty of great stuff got cancelled because it just didn't get the numbers because Dancing with the Bake Off Survivor or some other brain=off **** was on at the same time.

Deadwood breaks your argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

That's returning for at least another series (probably more). As far as I know, series 4 will be filmed before Christmas and shown early in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Lights Out: It wasn't the greatest show ever but I would have liked a 2nd series to tie up the story arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

The Unit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

House

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Wonderfalls. Fantastically bizarre show about a twenty-something woman with no ambitions in life who's forced to help people when inanimate objects try to speak to her to involve her in other people's ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭pavb2

Kung Fu

Great theme tune . . . Ahhh grasshopper!

http://youtu.be/wQBVYko_uhQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,346 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Aidric wrote: »

Firefly instantly disproves your theory. It didn't end at the right time, having been cancelled halfway through its first season, yet is considered by many to be one of the best TV shows ever.

That being said, as much as I loved Firefly it's been too long since it finished that I don't think it would work if it came back.

Advertisement