Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Brilliant LNH, go with the flow and enjoy it!!

Aveen great you're feeling better and are getting sleep, it makes the world of difference when you get a few hours.

Apple drop the poor mite, great you've gotten sorted now. Babies are just trial and error, trying to figure them out can be exhausting. A friend of mines wee man had reflux and they had an awful time.

We're doing good. Took me a while to figure out but my lassie just fusses and cries when she's overtired so with a bit of work she's napping well during the day, feeds on demand and that can change by the day but she seems to like to take a long stretch mid afternoon which is nice. We introduced a bottle in the last few days so I can express and my husband can give her the odd bottle and she's taken to it well thankfully.

We're off to a wedding this weekend and looking forward to it. Plenty of family there to help us out. I'm sitting in the hairdressers finally getting my hair done and my boobs have started leaking.....agggggghhhhh. I'll be nipping to the bathroom to express. The glamour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭appledrop

Aveen the thicker is called Carobel. We get it in the chemist. LNH enjoy the trip to France. We are not brave enough to go abroad this year so are going away for a few days in Ireland instead. Its good to see that we are all starting to get to go out again + get some pampering back for ourselves. Enjoy all your upcoming events ladies. Digs you have me in knots here I hope the leaking settles down for you on the day of the wedding.

My little lad has his first needles tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. He will probably be grand it's his poor mammy that is dreading it! Do they usually get a temperature after the 2 mths ones?

Breast pads will be reinforced for the wedding appledrop! Imagine the mortification :)

My first girl never suffered with the injections thank god, apart from maybe slight fussiness. She never had a temperature anyway. I know friends of mine who were advised give a spoon of calpol before the shots to preempt any side effects. It's true though, they're definitely harder on the mammy, I could never manage to go in with her, always had to get my husband to do it. The sight of them in pain has me balling, I'm brutal with that sort of thing. Best of luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hope you're doing ok Aveen. It's so hard having a toddler and a new born isn't it ?! I struggle sometimes too. My 2 yr old is obsessed with me atm. Doesn't want his dad at all. It's very draining :-(
    LNH666 wrote: »
    Can I ask what you do with your lo's in the evening ? Do you keep them downstairs with you till you go to bed or put them upstairs with the monitor on ?

Also do your lo's fall asleep themselves or do you rock them to sleep ?

My little girl stays down with me and husband. But we are getting into a bedtime routine ourselves si it makes it a similar thing every night. I'm hoping that'll make it easier in the long run. I'm breast feeding so what we do is I feed her and when she's satisfied -could be 5 minutes could be 45 minutes - husband takes her and reads the same story to her after getting her into her vest and sleeping bag. In the meantime I have my shower and pyjamas myself.
    Then I give her cuddles and possibly another nurse -usually a comfort suck rather than feed that time. Husband off to bed -he's in the spare room at the moment until we have more I'd a routine as he's up early for work.
    She usually nearly falls asleep on me and I try smuggling her into the side sleeper while she is just about still awake.
    Usually ends up in the bed with me during the night anyway so we havr our bed set up for that as such -no duvet or loose blankets etc.

Sorry for the long reply!! That's what we do. You?
    Aveen wrote: »
    Hey ladies, no worries about meeting up, I'm so banjaxed and emotional this week, I'd prefer to meet another time.
    I'm not sure about the private messages but must look into it.

Had cranial sacral therapy session today, the wee man is so tired after.

Bestie I feel for you, I got more sleep and it's helped so much, I could only image how your feeling. Hopefully you wee girl will feel better soon

It's so much harder to get time to check in here when the babies are on the outside! :-)
    We've had a pretty manic time over the last little while. Nothing bad thankfully just very busy.
    Our little girl has started to react badly to her baby brothers presence. She was an angel child about going to bed forever, I could count on one hand the amount of times we had trouble with her in that sense but now she is very upset at bedtime.
    Some of that is due to her being almost 2 but the arrival of a baby that she has realised we're planning on keeping now has seen her get really upset at bedtime. One night she cried for 100 minutes. That's some stamina. She is also very clingy with me but we're almost 2 weeks into this behaviour and she seems to be getting better.

Sam is doing brilliantly thankfully. He is getting bigger and bolder with each day. He was 9 weeks old on Monday and is busy smiling and cooing away. It's so lovely it melts my heart. His 8 week vaccinations did upset him quite a bit though and he was fussier and more cranky than at any stage so far. It lasted until Tuesday (having had them on Thursday). Can't wait for the next set as you can imagine.
    We were back into the Coombe yesterday for his ICU check up and it went really well. We're back there again in October for another.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Maybe we can put together a meet up in the next few weeks? One that we actually manage to get to :-)

Agggg one of those days!! Two girls are like a bag of cats. 3yr old awake until all hours last night and gets up at 6am and #2 not obliging with naps today (probably because her sister woke her at 6!!!)

Some days I feel like I've got this parenting thing sorted and others I haven't a clue what I'm doing and I'm pulling my hair out. Don't know how many times I've repeated this to shall pass to myself today, because I know it will.

Penny this meet up needs to include wine at this stage the way I'm feeling hahah

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Agggg one of those days!! Two girls are like a bag of cats. 3yr old awake until all hours last night and gets up at 6am and #2 not obliging with naps today (probably because her sister woke her at 6!!!)

Some days I feel like I've got this parenting thing sorted and others I haven't a clue what I'm doing and I'm pulling my hair out. Don't know how many times I've repeated this to shall pass to myself today, because I know it will.

Penny this meet up needs to include wine at this stage the way I'm feeling hahah

Yep, there are some days it feels like I'm a domestic goddess and then there are others where my husband comes home to find the baby crying because he has been not so gently rubbed by his big sister who is having a meltdown of epic proportions and I'm not too far behind in the tears department and the kitchen resembles something from Old Mother Hubbard...
    Those days are fewer now thankfully and like you Digs I have to remind myself that it will get easier.
    I'm having a night away this Sunday with my sister and spa treatments the next day. It's my baby present and I just cannot wait.
    What's especially good about it is that my sister has a 9 month old too and so she wants to do little more than just chill out and relax.

Digs + Penny I hear you + I only have the one! Yesterday we had a great day. Babs had a little sleep in the morning which is rare so I got myself dressed + out to the shops early. He was really good in the shops not a bother on him + I thought to myself this is great. Of course today when I needed him to cooperate as we had an appointment for his needles he was having none of it! Wanted to be playing or in my arms the whole time. I was wondering was I going to end up turning up in pyjamas at the doctors! We got there in the end + procedure itself wasn't too bad. He obviously screamed when needles went in but calmed down quick enough. I just hope now that he doesn't react too badly to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Great to hear from everyone, ah heard to believe it's injection times x we have our 6 week check up tomorrow morning and then myself and Andrew are going for lunch with the girls I work with, looking forward to it :)

Ah enjoy the meet up Bestie. My little guy is conked out here seems to be ok so far but I think it's going to be a long night for me. Can't help worrying + checking his temperature every 10 minutes. He has never had a temperature since he was born so nervous about it. Of course the men never understand. My husband is really laid back + says ah sure you took his temperature once he is grand. Please tell me by the next round of injections I will have chilled out!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

It is crazy that we are all talking about our little people now rather than thinking of all the ways to get them to hurry out!!

My little is growing so big 11lbs already!!! And smiling at us now. Heart melting. But busy too and guaranteed that any time we need to be somewhere will be the time when she gets fussy. Or when I am about to eat :-)

And yes to the meeting up. Does anyone know how to set up a group private message? I'm back from France the 20th. So any time from Tuesday 23rd is good with me. And wine sounds lovely!

• Advertisement

So had Andrews 6 week check up today he is now 12lb 13oz and a massive 61cm long, my GP said the average length is 55-56 cm at this stage x

My trying to decide what form of contraception to go for it to go back on the pill, go for something else or hubby get the snip, decisions decisions

Well as expected the little guy got a temperature + myself + husband were up all night walking the floor with him. We striped him down + gave him some calpol + by 6 this morning he was back to normal. He slept for a lot of the day + is now in good form + back to himself so hopefully that's the end of it.

Great that your little guy is doing so well Bestie. He certainly wouldn't get much use out of a moses basket! Our little lad loves his but it's starting to get a bit cramped in their now so will have to try him again in the crib. He's not really a fan. He is really wrigglely + keeps sticking his hands + feet out of the bars. We have some of the bumpers but I know the advice is not to use them when their sleeping but afraid he will hurt himself on bars. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ah poor little mite appledrop, glad he's settled again. You'd take the shots for them if you could!

LNH have a ball in France, I'm jealous! Haven't a clue how to group message sorry :(

Betsie sounds like your little guy is flying it, well done you :)

My lassie is back to herself today, also she seems to be like night and day in comparison to her sister. We started putting her in her cot for naps and she just drops of herself with the white noise. I walked the floors with her sister, let her sleep on me etc etc just goes to show how different each baby is!!

All tanned and ready for the wedding, looking forward to showing the little lady off to the family!

Happy weekend everyone!

Appledrop how is the little man now hope he is ok x

Digs how was the wedding yesterday x how ye had a good day x

LNH hope ye have a nice time in France x

I had a lovely fast yesterday, my friend took me for a facial and afternoon tea was such a treat and then myself and hubby went out to dinner last night we are together 10 years Monday so we thought we should mark the occasion we seem to have forgotten how to stay out late as we were home by 10 haha x was lovely though x

It's lovely to hear all the nice things we can get to do again now.

I'm so excited for my holiday. We've just ordered Mara's thank you cards so that'll have to be sorted when I get home.

We have started to use infacol. She getting really windy and distressed especially in the evening. So hopefully that'll help.

Thanks ladies he is grand again so the needles didn't have too much of an effect after the first night. Digs I hope you enjoyed the wedding great that the weather was nice. LNH enjoy the holidays. Where did you order the thank you cards from? Just saying to my husband that we better get some printed up to say thanks to everyone. Beste that's mad that you are celebrating an anniversary aswell. We are going away this weekend for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Babs is coming too so it will be a bit different from the ones in the past when we are usually abroad but looking forward to it.

We got them from Reads printing. We used then for our wedding invitations too :much cheaper than most places too.
    You have to login & select design it yourself. We uploaded one of the photos from her photo shoot and you can add text. So we just put in "Thank you!!!" Over her photo and then "Mara Juno" and date of birth.

My husband works in town so he's collecting but post isn't expensive. We ordered 100 cards for €35 and they are ready today only ordered yesterday evening

Oh that's great LNH thanks. Can you print a general message inside the cards or are you going to individually write all the messages in the cards.

appledrop wrote: »
    Oh that's great LNH thanks. Can you print a general message inside the cards or are you going to individually write all the messages in the cards.

There's loads of different options. We went for a postcard style that's just blank at the back. But you can print a message if you'd like. Or there's proper cards but they tend to work out quite expensive.

Wedding was great! She was a little star and broke a few hearts I think. I'm exhausted though from nothing more than staying up a bit too late and a long journey down and back. Will be grand again in a day or two :)

Betsie happy anniversary! We were ten years together this year too, I can't believe it really, it doesn't feel that long :)

• Advertisement

I had a lovely couple of days. Myself and my sister left our respective children with our husbands and went for brunch and early cocktails yesterday. Had an overnight stay in a hotel and a morning in the spa. It was very very lovely.

That sounds lovely Penny.

I sort of have a wedding in August. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it. Baby isn't invited but I can't leave her as I'm feeding so just me and baby will go for ceremony and leave. It''ll be a long day in the car.

Thanks digs what a wonderful 10 years it's been a baby a wedding another baby and another baby :) here's to many more x

I thought the girls would never go to bed tonight, they were killing each other all day today what one had the other wanted I got nothing done all day, in just fit for the bed myself now x

Many more years or babies????

LNH I think id love another baby but hubby says no, he is even on about getting the snip he only wanted 2 I wanted 4 and we settled on 3 x

Ha. If he's on about the snip he's decided. Most men don't voluntarily ask for people "messing with their bits"

Oh I know, all he has to do is book an appointment, that will probably be left down to me to do too

How is everyone doing? We doing great here except he is now very fond of 4.30am every morning without fail but other then that no complaints here x

We're doing great here, she's 7 weeks today like what the hell??? So smiley and gorgeous, I might be biased as I'm her mam though :) she's 10lbs4 now so am delighted with her!

Only problem I'm having lately is she keeps rolling to her tummy in her sleep, she seems to love lying on it. Have a mini heart attack when I find her! My mam keeps telling me to leave her be, we all slept on our tummys from day one but advice has changed since then! Her head and neck control is unbelievably strong for her age but it still makes me uneasy!

We had her christening at the weekend, very early I know but my brother who's her godfather was home from the states for a family wedding so we said we'd do it all in the one go. Relieved it's over, I was wrecked!

Hope all the other June babies and mammies are doing well and enjoying the weather!

• Advertisement

Digs i envy you having the christening over, ours is not until October 2nd trying to please everyone so I gave up in the end I picked a date and went with it x

I have also got a mad notion to paint the house now I'm wondering why as I'm half way through haha xx

Advertisement