Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

That's great sleeping Betsie. How old is Andrew now? Mara will sleep for about 4 hours straight. Although last night was a good one. she was in her own crib til 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

God LNH that's brilliant it's great when your get a good stretch of sleep together isn't it x Andrew is 5 weeks now xx will be 6 weeks Saturday time is just flying. X

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies, no worries about meeting up, I'm so banjaxed and emotional this week, I'd prefer to meet another time.
    I'm not sure about the private messages but must look into it.

Had cranial sacral therapy session today, the wee man is so tired after.

Bestie I feel for you, I got more sleep and it's helped so much, I could only image how your feeling. Hopefully you wee girl will feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Sorry girls completely missed reading about a meet up tomorrow! I'm away next week so can't make tues but go ahead without me and maybe next time?

We're doing good here. Bit of a windy baby, she's gets a bit upset with it but I'm working on trying to get it out of her!!

As for routine? Loosely falling into place. I generally go to bed with her at around 9ish and she sleeps until 3, we're co sleeping. I have an actual cosleeper but she doesn't like it too much yet so I selfishly enjoy having her in the bed with me. She sleeps in her Moses basket downstairs during the day. At 3am she Feeds, sleeps and then awake again around 6:30. Up for the day then with #2! Not sure where the long stretch of sleeps comes from but I'm going with it for now.

She has her first wedding the weekend after next so we'll see how that goes! Have a feeling mammy won't be hitting the dance floor till all hours like she usually would :)

Aveen hope you're feeling better. Don't be shy about getting in touch with your GP or public health nurse if you feel you need a bit more support. This mammy gig isn't easy, minding and caring for little people is stressful.

• Advertisement

Aveen hope your doing ok x

Glad your enjoying the co sleeping digs, I personally can't wait to get my bed back to myself ether that out have to buy a king bed coz my back is broken hanging out of the bed all the time with r she is just refusing to sleep in her own bed :( in at the stage where I'm jealous of my almost 4 year old she is the only one getting full night's sleeps haha x

Aveen hope your doing ok x

Glad your enjoying the co sleeping digs, I personally can't wait to get my bed back to myself ether that out have to buy a king bed coz my back is broken hanging out of the bed all the time with r she is just refusing to sleep in her own bed :( in at the stage where I'm jealous of my almost 4 year old she is the only one getting full night's sleeps haha x

Oh we have a king size it's massive, I wouldn't cope doing it with a smaller bed! I was just saying to my 3 year old who was fighting sleep last night how much I'd kill to get into her bed at a reasonable hour and have a full nights sleep, she's so lucky, of course it was lost on her :)

Hope your little one is feeling better betsie.

They don't know how lucky they have it due they don't haha x s new couch was next on our list but I'm now thinking a bed instead haha x

Yeah she is definitely improving she back playing again still not eating either but back drinking which is something it's a week today since she eat anything hopefully she is turning s corner now x

I really must call the PHN tomorrow but I'm so afraid. I feel stupid of feeling like this but I also hate it too. I don't want to be told I have pnd which is completely stupid.

Aveen is not stupid at all. In years gone by when I woman had a baby she had not just her family but a full community around her for support. These days that's not there anymore. You're expected to give birth and love everything. While still keeping it all together and getting back into your old jeans!!! There is unfortunately a stigma attached to mental health in this country -And all the western society. PND is real, it's treatable and nothing to be ashamed of.

Talk to the Gp, the PHN, husband and friends. You're not breast feeding from what l know. When husband comes home take 20 minutes completely to yourself if you can. Even a walk round the block.

And Digs. we have a co sleeper too. It's a lovely decoration in the room :-)

• Advertisement

Aveen do not feel one bit stupid as LNH said things are so different now, we are ment to be super woman now, when my mother had me she was in hospital for 2 weeks after she had me and I was in the nursery all the time except for feeds can you imagine that, that's 2 weeks to recover before you have to go home where my grandmother had moved in and stayed for a month to help. Bear in mind too I was the 4 th child I had 2 sisters who were 18 and 16 well able to help too and an 11yr old brother, now we are home some within 24 hours and expected to run the house and mind the baby and the family cook and clean. It's crazy x get the help you need, I had some form of pnd after my 2nd but never said anything to anyone because of the stigma stops or what I was sad and angry most of the time and until she was 18 months when I started to feel like me again xx talk you someone we are here too vent away x if your phn good, I could never talk to mine about anything but have an amazing GP xx

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I hope everyone is doing well. We are all (adults) sick here in this house. Hubby with a chest infection and myself with mastitis (for the second time). Our combined medication looks as if there might be a mini pharmacy starting here! Between antibiotics, steroids, anti-inflammatories, multivitamins, paracetamol... If we weren't sick it would be funny.

On a nicer note. I went to return some sleepsuits with a gift receipt to next today. Their new season/range is in. I ended up returning the suits and spending another 25euro and that was exercising considerable restraint. I just couldn't resist a little treat there are just too many pretty things for little girls - and this is coming from an original tomboy.

Roguish sorry to hear you're having a rough time, I had mastitis a few weeks back, absolutely rotten.

Aveen - pnd isn't something anyone would wish for but if that's what you're trying to cope with its absolutely nothing to be ashamed of nor is there anything you could do to prevent it, it's so unfair some people have to suffer with it but like LNH said the stigma attached to mental health problems in this country needs to change. Get in touch with your PHN, you deserve to start feeling a better.

LNH cosleepers I have found make super clothes horses and phone holders :)

We've had smiles in the last few days here, these little people are amazing :)

Aveen I hope you're taking it all on board here. And whenever you need to have a chat there seems to be a few of us online at any time.

Digs yep. It's my laundry sorter

Hey ladies,
    I'm not ashamed if diagnosis with pnd, it's the feeling of been watched I'm more nervous about. There'd be a few people who thought we were crazy having them so close that this would be a great gos point. Normally I don't care but this time I just want to left alone in a way.

So I did call the PHN, she was great, advised me I've a lot on my plate & exhaustion is more likely my problem. I took her advised a relaxed to music even if I couldn't sleep ( so want to sleep at times but can't), also went for a walk on my own after hubby came home, I enjoyed it. I slept well last night so I'm going to remember all and take some me time.
    My period started today so that probably wasn't helping my ole hormones.

Thanks a mill ladies, it's great to just write things down at times.

Hope all mummies and babies are doing great😊😊

Ah the lead up to a period is always a little bit stressful anyway.

Hopefully you'll get sleeping!!!

Aveen glad your feeling better today a walk on your own is the best medicine ever I think anyway xx

The thoughts of freaking with periods again, I have been feeling crampy the last few days but no sign of anything yet anyway, stocked up on essentials today though just to be prepared

What is the age gap between your kids Aveen. I'd love to have a second pretty quickly but I'm also aware that's unlikely with breastfeeding.

We've been discussing a 3rd baby lately. I want 3, he's happier with 2 but I know I'd convince him eventually, he's 38 and doesn't want to leave it too long, According to himself he doesn't want to be an "older" dad if it's left too long, I'm a good bit younger than him. I think sooner rather than later will be the way to go for us. Too much of a gap and a newborn brings you right back to square one. There's only 3 years between our two but it's amazing how much you forget!! It's amazing how fast those three years went too, I feel like my first was a tiny baby just yesterday and now I've another one!

I didn't particularly enjoy this pregnancy though so the thoughts of doing it again are daunting, as lucky as we are to have two healthy girls, I just know I won't be able to get a third out of my head and I don't want to do what my parents did and have a baby ten years after their "last"!!

There was a 5 years gap between my brother and I. There was a still born between us and growing up we were never close. I reckon I was more of a nuisance to him. And my husbsnd is the same. 5 years between him and his sister. I'd love 2 and to have them close together.

I'm well aware it'd be so hard having 2 small kids, especially as I know I'm a section next time too definitely. But at the same time is it really that much harder than a toddler and a new baby.

• Advertisement

Each stage brings its own challenges so really I think you're right, while initially tough you'd have the two of them growing up at similar stages, each one bringing a bit of independence with it!

My PHN was saying it herself, she's 15 months between her two. She said her first was tough going so they decided it was now or never and had the second. And now they're done!

Girls there is no right or wrong time to have a baby, at the moment in this house I have a 3 year old a 2 year old and a 6 week old there is 22 months between 1 and 2 and 23 months between 2 and 3 it's hard and wonderful at the same time I would love just 1 more but it's not too be, I always wanted 4 children hubby wanted 2 so now we have 3 and he is adamant no more x

LNH666 wrote: »
    What is the age gap between your kids Aveen. I'd love to have a second pretty quickly but I'm also aware that's unlikely with breastfeeding.

There's 18 months between them, they be best friends and trouble makers together. Excited to see them play together it's a long way off.

People will either react you're mad or you're just right. I'm delighted there so close, yes it's hard but there's worst things in life

I'd love 3 kids but hubby happy with 2. I did agree that 2 was ok before having the second but I feel I'd love another but it's very early days. Especially after the second section. And I'd say if I had a third it would also be a section.

Had a lovely day and bought myself some new clothes, haven't really bought anything since before my first boy because was only getting back to me and I was pregnant again, can't believe I'm in my skinny jeans already.

Have to say a walk & listening to music is a great thing 😊

Well done aveen it's amazing feeling fitting into your own clothes again x hope you enjoyed your day shopping, i had a me day today, I went to Kilkenny with my band and played in the castle grounds was fantastic even got to have a coffee in peace :):)

Well done aveen it's amazing feeling fitting into your own clothes again x hope you enjoyed your day shopping, i had a me day today, I went to Kilkenny with my band and played in the castle grounds was fantastic even got to have a coffee in peace :):)

Sounds like a lovely day too Betsie.

Back in skinny jeans earlier this time because with a toddler was exercising more and having least rest than with him I didn't don't on any extra. One of positive results for having them close together (that a morning sickness to 24weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi ladies I haven't had a chance to check in a while. Things were tough with the little guy + his reflux. The anti reflux formula solved the reflux but gave him really bad constipation . He was screaming in pain so we couldn't keep him on that but putting him back on normal formula also had him in pain with the reflux. Luckily a colleague of my husband told him about a product you add to normal formula to thicken it + it is brillant. It solved the problem + now he is back to normal nappies. It's been tough but he is much better now + starting to sleep at night for 4 or 5 hours in one go which is great.

Aveen glad your feeling better. I know I'm no expert but I wouldnt have said you have PND just that your finding it tough with two babies especially when your second child is difficult to settle. I know we nearly had the PHN on speed dial over the last few weeks but it has been worth it to keep trying to figure out a solution because he is a happier baby now. Hopeful your little guy will settle soon as well. Time to yourself really does help. I was away at a hens for one night + came back really refreshed even though it was a hens!

Ladies the mastitis sounds nasty. Fair play to you for sticking with the breastfeeding. I got my first period about 2 weeks ago. The pain was unreal as bad as labour pains but I have always suffered from very bad periods so it's back onto the pill for me.

Glad to hear everyone in good moods.

I'm currently flying smiles everywhere. My husband had bought me a flight to France back in March. But with M being 9 days over by section and both of us being sick I put it out if my mind and figured not a hope of going.

Then at the weekend I figured we're both doing great -M I'd really thriving. Up to 10lbs 4 at 4 weeks already and still gaining.

We went to the passport office today. And we're collecting her passport next Wednesday and fly on Thursday. So looking forward to it and her meeting the rest of her family out there.

Aw LNH that's lovely ye woo have a great time x

Apple drop great to hear from you, glad ye are getting into a routine at night now, getting a good stretch together is brilliant, and that ye are getting sorted with feeding too, it can be a nightmare xx

• Advertisement

Hey Appledrop that's great news about the feeding? What the name of the thicker? My wee man doing great but seen to drip a lot out the sides of his month when feeding.

LHN that's brilliant about your trip, have a ball.

I'm having a pampering day tomorrow getting hair and nails done. Have christening this week and the hen next week. Won't be sad to have it out of my hair.
    With sleep I'm feeling much more able to cope, my heart break for anyone with any form of depression. If that's want lack of sleep does to you God for them.

How's all the other mums & babies doing?

Advertisement