Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh penny hour you enjoyed yesterday it sounds like heaven x it's so hard not to buy for the kids their clothes are so bloody cute x I'm loving looking at boys clothes at the moment such a novelty after 2 girls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well ladies my little boy had his 6 week check up + is doing well. He is over 9 pounds now so delighted as he has put on nearly 3 pounds since he was born especially as he was slow to put weight on at the start. Bestie how you gave birth to a 10lbs baby I'll never know! My little lad feels like a ton weight but he is 6 weeks old. His reflux continued to get worse so spoke to PHN + we switched formula to anti reflux one. It has definitely made a difference. He is still wanting some feeds every 2 hours which is a killer but at least at night we might get 3 hours between them. I would never had survived breastfeeding as he would just constantly want to be feed so fair play to all the ladies who are still sticking with it. Hazelnut my little guy is the same in that he can get cranky+ want to be held a lot but I have seen an improvement in last week as more alert + content
    to gurgle away to himself for a while in his moses basket.

Penny I think it's important we have time to ourselves. Similar to you I had a day shopping to myself + felt great after it. Was great to buy nice clothes for myself again! Enjoy the meet up girls. Don't think I'd be brave enough yet to head as far as city centre with him on my own but maybe the next time!

appledrop wrote: »
    Well ladies my little boy had his 6 week check up + is doing well. He is over 9 pounds now so delighted as he has put on nearly 3 pounds since he was born especially as he was slow to put weight on at the start. Bestie how you gave birth to a 10lbs baby I'll never know! My little lad feels like a ton weight but he is 6 weeks old. His reflux continued to get worse so spoke to PHN + we switched formula to anti reflux one. It has definitely made a difference. He is still wanting some feeds every 2 hours which is a killer but at least at night we might get 3 hours between them. I would never had survived breastfeeding as he would just constantly want to be feed so fair play to all the ladies who are still sticking with it. Hazelnut my little guy is the same in that he can get cranky+ want to be held a lot but I have seen an improvement in last week as more alert + content
    to gurgle away to himself for a while in his moses basket.

Penny I think it's important we have time to ourselves. Similar to you I had a day shopping to myself + felt great after it. Was great to buy nice clothes for myself again! Enjoy the meet up girls. Don't think I'd be brave enough yet to head as far as city centre with him on my own but maybe the next time!

Penny I'll never know myself how I had a 10lb baby although after having a small baby an average size baby and a big baby he was the easiest delivery it was being pregnant was the hardest I struggled to get around and mind the girls etc x looking back now I should of guessed he was so big and looked to be induced x

My 2 girls are going to start with my sister Thursday and Friday night so will just have Andrew will be strange to just have one around the house x I'm using it as sitting clean time though, in going through the toys and getting rid of some stuff will be so much easier when they are not there xx

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

A city centre meet up works fine for me too. Any idea of when this great event might take place?[/quote]

We have our appointment for Mara's lip & tongue tie tomorrow!! So excited & optimistic that it'll be a whole new start for her. She's gaining weight -she was 2 weeks yesterday and already regained her birth weight already and an additional 2 oz. So something is working.

How would the afternoon of Thursday 28th suit to meet? I only have the baby so I'm easy enough and fairly naive about where is hand with buggies and toddlers. But if the weather is fine we could say Stephen's green and then you ladies with other kids can let them run about. And if it changes the coffee shop upstairs there is pretty big?

LNH best of luck with the appointment tomorrow hope it all goes well x delighted that you little girl is doing great and putting on weight xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

LNH666 wrote: »
    A city centre meet up works fine for me too. Any idea of when this great event might take place?

We have our appointment for Mara's lip & tongue tie tomorrow!! So excited & optimistic that it'll be a whole new start for her. She's gaining weight -she was 2 weeks yesterday and already regained her birth weight already and an additional 2 oz. So something is working.

How would the afternoon of Thursday 28th suit to meet? I only have the baby so I'm easy enough and fairly naive about where is hand with buggies and toddlers. But if the weather is fine we could say Stephen's green and then you ladies with other kids can let them run about. And if it changes the coffee shop upstairs there is pretty big?[/QUOTE]

The 28th works for me. Will we organise via PM for those intereste rather than invite the whole world on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies, hope all well. I've a very unsettled little man at night, trying gaviscon in his night bottle to see this will help. Using gripe water too.
    I'm also very sore because I'm lifting my 18month, I know post section I'm not ment to but it's so difficult not too and I've it done at times before thinking

Lifted my wipes from boots today, very happy with my bargain j&j 6 packs for €3 :-) (I ordered 10 boxes)

How's everyone else wee bundles?
    The 28th works for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Aveen wrote: »
    Hey ladies, hope all well. I've a very unsettled little man at night, trying gaviscon in his night bottle to see this will help. Using gripe water too.
    I'm also very sore because I'm lifting my 18month, I know post section I'm not ment to but it's so difficult not too and I've it done at times before thinking

Lifted my wipes from boots today, very happy with my bargain j&j 6 packs for €3 :-) (I ordered 10 boxes)

How's everyone else wee bundles?
    The 28th works for me too.

My little boy was like that for a while too. His 6 week check up was on Wednesday (6+3) and so knowing that was coming I gave him some Gaviscon in his bottles to see if it had any effect and it did.
    That along with raising the mattress in his Moses basket helped ease his discomfort somewhat. I also borrowed a foam mattress type thing from my sister on Tuesday that she used for her son and his silent reflux. It worked a treat and on Tuesday night he slept from 11pm to 4:30am his longest stretch yet.
    At the check up I asked for some Zantac to be prescribed for my son as the Gaviscon was making him strain to dirty his nappy and while it made his feeds better he was getting upset with that.
    I've been giving him the Zantac since Wednesday evening and it's helped no end, so it together with the foam mattress should see us all settled into a good pattern by the end of the weekend.

So tongue tie released yesterday evening..... Feeditis still agony. My nipple is cracked and we now have to retrain baby girl to suck properly. So I'm looking at another 2 weeks of pain. Feeling incredibly low right now. And feeding is at the point when she latches on my right I'm crying with the pain.

This is s****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Sorry to hear that LNH. Is the pain constant? My latch is initially toe curling but after 30 seconds or so it's completely fine. I'm told that's perfectly normal now and will lessen with time. I think changing our position helped a lot also with pain free feeding.

We had the lip and tongue release on wed. She was very unsettled yest as the dentist advised she might but since then I've noticed a big difference in how alert she is at feeds and feel she is getting alot more out of them. While initially she gained weight well it stalled in the last week and a half so we're back for a weight check Monday and hoping it's heading in the right direction. She had two dirty nappies since thurs when she had gone 4 days without so I do feel we've turned a corner.

I can't commiserate enough with the nipple pain, it's one of the worst pains I've experienced. My we're extremely cracked and raw, the midwife and GP said they were as bad as they've seen them and were shocked I'd been feeding through it. Now we've our underlying problems fixed I'm working on healing them with jack Newman APNO cream, lansinoh etc a few people recommended breast angels silver cups so I ordered them yesterday. They've vastly improved since the beginning of the week though. They sting a good bit between feeds and I was wondering about thrush but the GP doesn't think so, I reckon it's cos they've been through so much they're v sensitive and don't like touching things! It's not unbearable just annoying. I also had a touch of mastitis in my right which wasn't bad enough to treat but baba seems to have done a great job draining it since the TT release. We've had such fun here all in all.

She will be 3 weeks on Tuesday and really I've very proud we've managed to get this far with everything thrown at us. Hoping we can start to enjoy it now for some time to come. She makes it all worthwhile though, such a little champ. Also helps bedtime time is 11pm and she has to be woken at 4am to feed!! :)

• Advertisement

On the left it's sor for the initial latch but settles. On the right it's painful through the feed. I'm hoping it's because that side is cracked. I've started with the Jack Newman ointment today too -I'm hoping for a miracle. I've emailed the lactation consultant too ti arrange a follow-up appointment.
    Baby is just not flanging out her top lip. I'm regretting not insisting on her lip being done

I've been using the ointment since Wednesday, while both my nipples are cracked the feeding doesn't hurt throughout anymore so hopefully it does the job for you.

When we went to get the tongue released I didn't realise she had a lip one too, dr Murnane found it. He said we could leave it but said if feeding wasn't improving would I be left wondering should we have done it and I definitely would. So I understand that. It's so hard to know what helps/works doesn't etc it really is trial and error.

That nipple ointments is a miracle cure. Feeding is going great again now.

Also I have no idea how to send a private message to a few people til we organise meeting. Digs do you know? I think it's Penney, Aveen and us two?

Hey girls how is everyone doing?

We are doing great here, had the phn out this morning Andrew is flying it he is 12lb now not one bit worried about him x

He has a touch of heat rash on his tummy alright, it's so hard to know what to put on them x

Hey everyone, how's all the babies & mums getting on?

We had canial sacral therapy for wind & posterior tt, had very unsettle evening but some improvement but still early days. We have our six week check up tomorrow, cant wait for him to be weigh. Feeling little all over the place and skin is changing must be a sign of PPP. Hoping it's not, would love another month or two without it.

All good here. Feeding is definitely improving. Not perfect yet but getting there.
    What's PPP?

Good aveen hard to believe 6 week check up time already, Andrew is 5 weeks tomorrow but feels like he has always been here, can't remember the house without him x

What's ppp? Sorry x

Hey ladies, I'm allow to drive again :-)
    Like you bestie, can't remember life without him. He's up to 10lbs, hats for to ladies for having 10lbs.

LNH66, great hard with the feeding, you doing a great job.

PPP= post partum period

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hey ladies, I'm allow to drive again :-)
    Like you bestie, can't remember life without him. He's up to 10lbs, hats for to ladies for having 10lbs.

LNH66, great hard with the feeding, you doing a great job.

PPP= post partum period

Ah I didn't know what ppp was either. My little one will be 8weeks on Monday and still no sign. Feeling lots of period like pains for last 2 weeks though so hopefully it'll make an appearance soon.

Ah we learn something new every day, is love another month or 2 without period too after Rachel was 8 weeks Ruby was 5 weeks Andrew will be 5 weeks tomorrow so anytime now I suppose xx

Aveen it's great you can drive again and baby is flying it too it's great when they are doing so well xx

• Advertisement

I'm such a moan on this thread but I'm so lost on whom to talk too.
    I'm sitting balling my eyes has I write this, I can't cope with this baby, he always screaming to be pick up, very hard on my older boy. All I seem to be doing is shouting at them to stop crying for 5mins please. I feel he really effecting my relationship with my older boy & him. Is this normal?
    I do have period signs so maybe I'm more hormonal but I feel like giving him up. But at the Same time live him to bits

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm such a moan on this thread but I'm so lost on whom to talk too.
    I'm sitting balling my eyes has I write this, I can't cope with this baby, he always screaming to be pick up, very hard on my older boy. All I seem to be doing is shouting at them to stop crying for 5mins please. I feel he really effecting my relationship with my older boy & him. Is this normal?
    I do have period signs so maybe I'm more hormonal but I feel like giving him up. But at the Same time live him to bits

Aveen, you poor thing. Those of us who have experienced a colicky / unsettled baby have all been there. My first was colicky and would cry and scream all day. There were days that I was reduced to tears and shouting. I can only imagine that I would have been a basket case if I had another child to look after too.

As it is on baby number 3, I have pretty much worn out the phrase 'Can you not do as you are told!' and variations of the same at increasing decibels dependant on urgency and degree of frustration towards my 3yo son. Usually accompanied by threats of imaginative punishments.

Have you tried cranio-sacral therapy for the colic and to see if it will settle your wee man down. Friends swear by the click bottle from the chemist in tipperary (a Google for the colic bottle will bring it up).
    When things are quiet an extra cuddle or time sitting on your lap with your oldest boy even if it is in front of the telly can help.

Any chance you could get a friend or family member to take the babes for a couple of hours so that you can get a sleep, an uninterrupted shower and a nutritious tasty sit down bite to eat without little people pulling out of you.

Aveen just to echo what roguish said, God love you.

My patience is being tested and I don't have a colicky baby (touch wood). I'm having to make a huge effort at not losing it with my 3 year old and keep repeating to myself to take deep breathes, she knows well how to push my buttons!! Making a big effort to have just us time in the evenings, even 15 mins cuddling on the couch, reading stories etc

Take all the help that's thrown at you. If you're feeling really overwhelmed go and have a chat with your GP. You're only human, there's only so much we can handle. Mind yourself. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of the little people, a happy mam is so important.

Ps you're not moaning!!

Oh aveen your not moaning at all x I know exactly how you feel, my 2nd baby had a lot of feeding issues and was very cross all the time, when you have to listen to crying and screaming like that all the time, it's very important to try get some time for yourself, I know easier said then done, but you need it x she was so difficult until she was 18 months old and I realise now that I had a touch of pnd but I never said anything to anyone, it's only really don't having Andrew that I feel totally different with him and towards him,

Is so hard to divide your attention between then all and I'm struggling getting used to dividing it 3 ways now, my patience is very thin at times x just take each day as it comes every day had good moments and bad we are here talk to us if you need anything, xx

Hi ladies, how's everyone? I'm doing ok, crying out of the blue at times, getting worried but hoping to have another early night this evening hoping this will help.
    Not sure if just over tried & stress. Babies & organising hen party is not helping. Thankfully given jobs to other is possible. Or signs of pnd.

Is the plan still to meet on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi girls,

I'm so sorry I haven't been on in ages. Unfortunately I can't meet up on Thursday but hope you all have a lovely time :-)

How are all our little ones doing ? I have the 6 week GP check tomorrow and I can't wait to see what she weighs now. She's a pretty good baby but has her moments. We'd be so lost without the graco swing that we have. It's the best invention ever !

Can I ask what you do with your lo's in the evening ? Do you keep them downstairs with you till you go to bed or put them upstairs with the monitor on ?

Also do your lo's fall asleep themselves or do you rock them to sleep ?

Thanks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi ladies, how's everyone? I'm doing ok, crying out of the blue at times, getting worried but hoping to have another early night this evening hoping this will help.
    Not sure if just over tried & stress. Babies & organising hen party is not helping. Thankfully given jobs to other is possible. Or signs of pnd.

Is the plan still to meet on Thursday?

Hope you're doing ok Aveen. It's so hard having a toddler and a new born isn't it ?! I struggle sometimes too. My 2 yr old is obsessed with me atm. Doesn't want his dad at all. It's very draining :-(

Aveen organizing a hens is tough ar the best of times. Let alone with a little baby and a toddler!!!!!

I didn't think this Thursday was a goer so I've made other plans now. I can meet you after 3 if that's not too late. Otherwise I'm free Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I have no clue how to send a group private message to organize it. But if we say next Tuesday that should give the regulars enough time to see this message? What do you think?

Can I ask what you do with your lo's in the evening ? Do you keep them downstairs with you till you go to bed or put them upstairs with the monitor on ?

Also do your lo's fall asleep themselves or do you rock them to sleep ?

My little girl stays down with me and husband. But we are getting into a bedtime routine ourselves si it makes it a similar thing every night. I'm hoping that'll make it easier in the long run. I'm breast feeding so what we do is I feed her and when she's satisfied -could be 5 minutes could be 45 minutes - husband takes her and reads the same story to her after getting her into her vest and sleeping bag. In the meantime I have my shower and pyjamas myself.
    Then I give her cuddles and possibly another nurse -usually a comfort suck rather than feed that time. Husband off to bed -he's in the spare room at the moment until we have more I'd a routine as he's up early for work.
    She usually nearly falls asleep on me and I try smuggling her into the side sleeper while she is just about still awake.
    Usually ends up in the bed with me during the night anyway so we havr our bed set up for that as such -no duvet or loose blankets etc.

Sorry for the long reply!! That's what we do. You?

• Advertisement

Hey girls I see we have been promoted to the newborn section 😀

Andrew is doing great feeding well sleeping well smiling at us all, we are enjoying him so so much x

As for bed time he has a bottle normally between 7 and 8 we feed him, bath ever 2nd night he will normally not off by 8.30/9 and we pop him up to bed with the monitor on, then I will give him another bottle between 11 and 12 and he is off then till 5.30, finding the 5.30 tough coz my 2nd likes to wake approx 6am every day :( and she hasn't been well the last week she has a gastro infection not eating or drinking and she had taken to sleeping in our bed :( im wrecked to say the least x

Enjoy the meet up girls x

Advertisement