Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celeb 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well... I have decided that this series of I'm A Celeb will be my last. :o:o:o:o

I found it very hard to get into the show this year. And this wasn't just because the line-up wasn't the greatest, and because Lady C's antics brought back horrid memories of two years ago, when Lucy Pargeter giving Amy Willerton a hard time (to put it mildly) seemed to be the only thing taking place in the jungle - but also because I think the bottom of the barrel has been reached by this stage. :o:o

The show has been going for 13 years, which is no mean achievement - but it must be said that not many fresh ideas have been tried in that time (certainly not as many as the X Factor or Big Brother, anyway). And perhaps inevitably, reality stars have come to dominate the line-ups, and the general tone has gradually become less pleasant.

Nonetheless, it is still a popular show - the viewing figures having pretty much held steady at around 10 million for the last few years. It's comfortably beating the seemingly free-falling X Factor, too. And, of course, Ant and Dec will always be legends.

But, sadly, it's no longer my cup of tea. :o Thus, I will not be following it next year, or the year after (when its current contract expires). :o

It's been a fun ride, though.

(Feel perfectly free to disagree with any of the above, BTW. :))

I agree, I think this series was the worst ever and I think its also quite sad to see that the 3 finalists were all reality tv stars, it would be nice to have seen a genuine celeb there, at least Foggy won last year, if that app thing had been in last year Jake from x factor probably would have won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ardinn wrote: »
    I said from the start vicky would win - conspiracy me hoop - genuinely think she won it by votes!

noone said she didn't win it by votes??? People just agree she had an advantage over many others as she got most air time, seemed to be given a script everytime (and it was a lot of time), she narrated from the telegraph (it seemed suspiciouly like she was acting differently in their compared to outside), almost had a trial or dingo dollar challenge every day, got a special belated entrance and was edited extremely positively.

Although I think she and maybe Ferne and to a lesser degree Kieron were the only deserving challengers, and She does seem very witty and came across very well, there is no doubt ITV want to launch her as their latest "star" and used this platform to boost publicity for her, leading to more votes.

Still that is tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

gordie shower is set up in a narrator style (I think iv never seen it) she is just used to talking crap about her day. the rest of the campmates would be a bit shy about narrating their own lives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

noone said she didn't win it by votes??? People just agree she had an advantage over many others as she got most air time, seemed to be given a script everytime (and it was a lot of time, she narrated from the telegraph, almost had a trial or dingo dollar challenge every day, got a special belated entrance and was edited extremely positively. Although I think she and maybe Ferne and to a lesser degree Kieron were the only deserving challengers, and She does seem very witty and came across very well, there is no doubt ITV want to launch her as their latest "star" and used this platform to boost publicity for her, leading to more votes.

Still that is tv.

I just think she was the best contestant - she motored through trials, wanted to be a part of everything. If you throw yourself at all the challenges your going to be on tv more - and if your, as you said, very witty, and tbh extremely likable and funny - your also going to be on tv more.

I'm delighted she won anyway!

Its funny how personal people can take stuff as I said its not conspiracy stuff it just was the way ITV played it. With the right editing you could prob get a one eye pigeon to win IAC.

That being said Vicki came across well and did very well but she was given a boost and people were sure of her Victory from a long way futher out than they shoulda been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Its funny how personal people can take stuff as I said its not conspiracy stuff it just was the way ITV played it. With the right editing you could prob get a one eye pigeon to win IAC.

That being said Vicki came across well and did very well but she was given a boost and people were sure of her Victory from a long way futher out than they shoulda been.

`No - I think people just liked her - you cant blame ITV for giving people what they want and as I said, she had to be on air more, she kept getting trials and challenges!!!

I'm hardly taking anything personal either! If it was me you were referring to!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the producers can edit things to make anyone win.

even a horrible person can be shown in a good light and the nicest person to be a total lowlife.

in the confines of a set like that everyone of the campmates has given the producers enough bad clips to ruin themselves. a sly look or over reaction , even a compliment can be shown to be condescending or sleazy .

one thing to remember is that we don't know when each clip actually happened. they can swap things around so that the victim becomes the bully. they all wear the same cloths so that they all look the same

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coming out show tonight at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coming out show tonight at 8pm

I posted about that on the wrong thread earlier, the BB thread! :D Silly me.

Yvette crying at everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

she's right

she is an absolute bitch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Nothing wrong with Lady C ,, she walked out of the jungle no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

the producers can edit things to make anyone win.

even a horrible person can be shown in a good light and the nicest person to be a total lowlife.

in the confines of a set like that everyone of the campmates has given the producers enough bad clips to ruin themselves. a sly look or over reaction , even a compliment can be shown to be condescending or sleazy .

one thing to remember is that we don't know when each clip actually happened. they can swap things around so that the victim becomes the bully. they all wear the same cloths so that they all look the same

I couldn't help but picture these two while reading your thoughts on the producers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTxkn00gt_g5Zhxj_q3NNFXd-AYj0uYlJkWFLJeXX0mAEdQ1EM

Lady C, comment about Duncan's girlfriend , "I hope she will soon become his wife so when she
    divorces him she'll clean him out."

You gotta love her. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Lady C, comment about Duncan's girlfriend , "I hope she will soon become his wife so when she
    divorces him she'll clean him out."

You gotta love her. :D

No! :(

deco nate wrote: »
    No! :(

You're too fussy, Deco :p

Duncan walks into his room and almost falls over the dozens of shopping bags of clothes and shoes his missus has bought whilst he was away.She really landed on her feet there.....

Kieron's wife looked like Vicky, thought she was her sister at first

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

Was disappointed Ferne didn't win the crown, but Vicky was my second choice, so fair play to her. No one can say she didn't deserve it - as already mentioned she did all the trials, was consistently funny throughout, changed the public's opinions of her, and really embraced the experience.

Only catching up on this thread now & completely agree with the above statement - I also wanted Ferne to win but Vicky was my second choice for all the reasons outlined above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Duncan walks into his room and almost falls over the dozens of shopping bags of clothes and shoes his missus has bought whilst he was away.She really landed on her feet there.....

And the Gold Digger song playing during that scene.

I agree with Lady C, hope she cleans him out, but I'm sure he will have an air tight prenup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Mr Freeze wrote: »

I agree with Lady C, hope she cleans him out, but I'm sure he will have an air tight prenup.

You'd wonder. He seems so besotted with her. Meanwhile, he is looking so thin and gaunt, it's frightening.

why would you hope she cleans him out, thats a horrible thing to say. Conversly I hope she doesn't get a penny off him because it really does appear she is absolutely desperate to marry him, saying it on tv interviews etc, and well who knows how perfect their relationship is then, thereafter.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    You'd wonder. He seems so besotted with her. Meanwhile, he is looking so thin and gaunt, it's frightening.

he is almost 70. I think he looks great for his age.

Sorry - don't agree.

So did George come out at the coming out party..... he is very girly and camp!

him and Ferne are I reckon a publicity driven fake relationship waiting to happen! Saying that I do think they are both very nice people, although George did not deserve a position in the final (even the last half dozen), let alone second place over Ferne

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Sorry - don't agree.

not many 68 year olds as fit as him. Surely you cant argue with that??

this is a very recent photo. He looks great in it. has a bloody six pack for god sake!

JS75794850-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

why would you hope she cleans him out, thats a horrible thing to say. Conversly I hope she doesn't get a penny off him because it really does appear she is absolutely desperate to marry him, saying it on tv interviews etc, and well who knows how perfect their relationship is then, thereafter.

so he choose to be with her? I have no sympathy for rich old men who get cleaned out by beautiful younger woman. Each is manipulating and using the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Conversly I hope she doesn't get a penny off him because it really does appear she is absolutely desperate to marry him

Thats equally horrible to say, the poor gold digger, does she not deserve a few million :pac:

Ah he does look well for a 66 year old in fairness.

fin12 wrote: »
    so he choose to be with her? I have no sympathy for rich old men who get cleaned out by beautiful younger woman. Each is manipulating and using the other.

how is he manipulating her?????? Do you really advocate gold diggers. thats lovely!

• Advertisement

Ah he does look well for a 66 year old in fairness.

He was not looking like that last night at the coming out party. I was shocked. Sorry to keep laboring the point!

Advertisement