Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Device/OS Announcement - Sep 29th

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    Is there any easy way to get around iPlayer geo restrictions?

It's possible but not an easy task and not possible with a common residential gateway router. I subscribe to a SmartDNS service but the DNS is hard coded into the Chromecast. To force it use the SmartDNS I had to add a redirect rule to my router forcing all traffic on port 53 back to local DNS which was using the SmartDNS IPs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishchris wrote: »
    Haven't tried Spotify as haven't account with then. It shows in chromecast app as a compatible app. I did stream from my play music account though and worked superb

You don't need an account for Spotify, there is a free version with ads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

You don't need an account for Spotify, there is a free version with ads

Will try this out in morning and post back.

Re iplayer: using the cast screen option plays iplayer perfectly without having to change anything. Drawback is phone screen is on while casting so have to turn brightness on phone down to avoid battery usage

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

irishchris wrote: »
    Using vpn and work perfect on phone but error when trying to send to chromecast. Casting screen works perfect though so can select that and works good on tv. Would prefer having it directly work in app as would mean my phone screen would not have to be on

Chromecast streams directly from the source website. A VPN on your phone won't work because the Chromecast isn't connected to that VPN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Think it was this thread that it came up as being an issue for some, but some time over the last few days I noticed the cast feature was added to Google photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

irishgeo wrote: »

Not unless you have a UK credit card. Order will go through and get cancelled the day after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

RE Spotify, my Chromecast shows up when I'm on the app, I enter the pin displayed on the tele but music won't play so it seems as though the Chromecast itself needs to be updated and I haven't a clue how to force it.

Mirroring the screen and then turning off the display works grand for now anyway.

Advertisement