Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Device/OS Announcement - Sep 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

manual_man wrote: »
    479(16gb) and 529(32gb) for the 5x. Ouch

Ouch is right. What happened to decent specs for €350?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cmac2009

649(32gb), 699(64gb), and 799(128gb) for the 6p

2GB RAM on 5X is very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

649(32gb), 699(64gb), and 799(128gb) for the 6p

Cant get over those prices! 479 for the 16gb 5x! You can buy a 32gb s6 for that!

Proof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cmac2009

So based on those prices I guess people that were waiting will be going down Moto route?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

hefty prices indeed. still ordered the 32 gb 5x. remember: at least there are no iphone prices. wouldnt hope that for the next generation though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Pricing is indeed an absolute joke. $379 hardly equates to €479, especially with it only being £339 in the UK. Fortunately I'm not purchasing this year as my Nexus 5 is fine, but here's hoping next years devices are a bit more sensibly priced...

Links:

Nexus 5X:
    Information
    Store page
    Nexus 6P:
    Information
    Store page
    Chromecast
    Store page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sorry Google, but you're pricing is too dear for the second year in a row! :D

094dacf722763cbcb7374deb6197aef34055b68d01b1cad901eeddda1675a6fb.jpg

I was hoping to get rid of the OPO too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

apope8 wrote: »
    Cant get over those prices! 479 for the 16gb 5x! You can buy a 32gb s6 for that!

Proof

Crazy. Was considering an update from my Nexus 5, but with prices like that I'm not going anywhere near the 5x.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Lads, do google charge on order or when the device ships?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

you can **** right off with those prices google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just bagged the new chromecast, will have it in 1-3 days, so hopefully for the weekend. Can't go wrong at that price, first one is still a great piece bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Am I Evil? wrote: »

Yep I'd be interested to know this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Christ both phones are pretty expensive for us.

Am I Evil? wrote: »

dont think so. at least they didnt when i bought the nexus 5 last year.

/edit: order summary says: Shipping Free

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

cmac2009 wrote: »
    So based on those prices I guess people that were waiting will be going down Moto route?

Hello(Moto) :pac:

In response to all tho, yes, pricing ridiculous. Might as well get used to the fact that bargain-tech in the form of Nexus is a thing of the past

When looking at the 6p pricing i had to blink and reassure myself i wasn't looking at an iphone price list

That says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, it's too rich for my blood. I'll have a look at the Moto's I think as I want as close to stock as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

robo wrote: »
    Oh I wonder are OPO getting scared, I got an invite this afternoon finally for the OPT...am waiting to see what Nexus 5X and 6P are like first - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-LEG0T_4c

Same here. Nexus prices made it an easy call in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Even if you convert $499 to euro and then add on 23% VAT, you only get €544, so why is it €649?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey all,
    If this is bought buy a family member in the states and then brought over here when they come back will it work exactly the same as one bought here? What I'm saying basically is there one world phone edition that works on all bands etc. etc.

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

thats a little pricey for the 32gb 5x. even with selling my opo.
    anyone got a link to the moto everyone is raving about.

having worked it out its actually cheaper to order it in sterling. an post rate gives you a price of 496 when converting from sterling of 379.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Phones are very expensive. Ordered a new chromecast. Love my current one but sometimes it struggles to get wifi due to where my router is so looking forward to this. Processing (1-2 business days) + Delivery (2-5 business days) so will have it in less than a week. The details say its 1080 but I half thought it would be 4k. I don't have a 4k tv so it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dudda wrote: »
    Phones are very expensive. Ordered a new chromecast. Love my current one but sometimes it struggles to get wifi due to where my router is so looking forward to this. Processing (1-2 business days) + Delivery (2-5 business days) so will have it in less than a week. The details say its 1080 but I half thought it would be 4k. I don't have a 4k tv so it doesn't matter.

Very little 4K content out there anyway. Just noticed on my receipt, Dublin 4, Co. Carlow :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I was considering selling my Note 4 to offset most of the cost of the 6p, not a hope will i be buying it at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Google you absolute ***** i watched the whole thing on YouTube and clicked on the Google store expecting it to be €444 and VAT and massively disappointed to see it's a shocking €649, well good luck shifting many at that price, sure if you shop around for a small few quid more you can get a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus which was my first choice but i cant stretch to that amount.

Google will not ship many of these Nexus 6P in Ireland at that price guaranteed,serves them right too, wont be getting one unless the price goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

apope8 wrote: »

Proof

With the discount code shown by that link you'd have the 32GB S6 and about €14 leftover for beer/pizza/cinema/phone credit or whatever.

Crazy pricing. Glad I have gone with Motorola for my recent phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'm a bit gutted now actually i need a new phone, might have to sacrifice a weekend or 2 and just get the S6 Edge plus, given the choice if choose thus any day over any phone but i assumed the Nexus was going to be considerable cheaper.

I'm in England in 10 days time might see if i can order cheaper there, we've been well and truly shafted yet again here.

i didnt plan on upgrading this year at all. but my wife needs a smartphone for whatsapp (and my old nexus s really sucks now)

so i thought, i bite the apple and buy the 5x, and hopefully i'm set for the next 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭henke

Does the 5x come with quick charging or any sort of bells and whistles? Was going to purchase but its a steep price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Very disappointed :( Off to explore the alternatives around 5" - €479 is just too much imo.

Advertisement