Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamebred wrote: »
    is p1 ringside? or how close?

It'll get you in those floor seats in the A, B and C blocks. B1 looks like the one to be in (not as many rows so it's more like to get you closer to the action), though it's a lottery as to how close you'll get in those blocks.

SeatingPlan_1722.gif?resize=519%2C408

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Norman Parke Vs Rustam Khabilov

So if anyone doesn't get tickets contact Norman ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

hope him and wilkinson fights are only prelims other wise its gonna be a garbage card like dublin if hes on the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Bisping vs Mousassi main event. Pretty underwhelming but to be expected.

Yeah wont be going over to see that card anyways no interest in any of them fights announced so far ill go to bamma instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hoki wrote: »
    Bisping vs Mousassi main event. Pretty underwhelming but to be expected.

Has it been confirmed its the main, or is it just the assumption as its Bisping in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Mellor wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed its the main, or is it just the assumption as its Bisping in the UK

Not confirmed, I'm just presuming it will be, would be surprised if it's not tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Mellor wrote: »

It's not a bad assumption to make in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do you think its likely we'll see Saul Rogers on the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jimmii wrote: »
    Do you think its likely we'll see Saul Rogers on the card?

Completely depends on how his fight goes at the TUF finale (assuming he's either in the tournament finale or just on the card as filler).

Either way, I doubt it. He's hasn't had that quick of a turnaround since 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

martyos121 wrote: »
    Completely depends on how his fight goes at the TUF finale (assuming he's either in the tournament finale or just on the card as filler).

Either way, I doubt it. He's hasn't had that quick of a turnaround since 2012.

Yeh I guess if is in the final or if he wins a fight on the card then its a lot more likely to be an option.

I'm sure he would no doubt prefer a longer gap but a home country UFC event doesn't come around that often for non-US fighters so I'm sure he would be willing to push it if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bisping v Mousassi added, great fight and it's not the main event so I can see this being a decent card.

Got my tickets. :D

The card is shaping up nicely. I would have preferred Machida instead of Mousasi but I really can't complain about #7 v #9 in the middleweight division. Amirkhani v Wilkinson is also a cool matchup with a bit of bad blood there for good measure. Brad Pickett was always going to be on it and he's slated to face Erik Perez which should be a good scrap, while obviously Parke has his fight too.

With Bisping/Mousasi not being officially named main event yet I wonder if the UFC will look elsewhere for a headliner? Rory MacDonald v Hector Lombard is fantasy land, but one can hope!

ill predict manuwa till and tom breese and seery as 4 other fighters on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Was the Fight Club Presale today ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Was the Fight Club Presale today ?

It was Tuesday morning mate. General sale tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Paully D wrote: »
    It was Tuesday morning mate. General sale tomorrow morning.

forgot all about it :mad:

Will there be much hassle getting ticket tomorrow do ya reckon ?I presume this will be like Dublin ,a sell out no matter who is involved ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

All a bit silly having main event as TBA v TBA and tickets on sale; I didn't bother meself hope it works out good for those taking the gamble though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nice one

UFC.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Ais just put on her FB that she hasn't been gave a fight for the London card. Sounds like she wanted on it too.

Devastator wrote: »
    Ais just put on her FB that she hasn't been gave a fight for the London card. Sounds like she wanted on it too.

Disappointing. Her against Calderwood would have been a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Just saw a rumour of macdonald Lombard for main event. Might be true seeing as they didn't announce bisbing as main. Card gor a whole lot better if true.

Beersmith wrote: »
    Just saw a rumour of macdonald Lombard for main event. Might be true seeing as they didn't announce bisbing as main. Card gor a whole lot better if true.

thats been the rumour the past few months,rory himself was saying it while in dublin,suprised its not signed off on now which makes me doubtful

Tom Breese matched up against Keita Nakamura for this one, confirmed. Jesus wept, if the Pendred matchup was a bloodbath this might be a murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Awful match-making.

Can see them bringing him to the boil very slowly,the uk needs a big mma star so id say their builiding him up very steadily get a heap of wins on the board few highlight reels and go from there,the guy is legit right now as it is seen he was training with some serious beasts at renzo gracies this week I know he got a medal at purple I think at the Abu Dabhis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Nobody be impressed with him knocking out a Japanese dude nobody has ever heard though. At best he is going to stand still.

Gamebred wrote: »
    the guy is legit right now as it is seen he was training with some serious beasts at renzo gracies this week I know he got a medal at purple I think at the Abu Dabhis.
    It think it was no-gi worlds. There's no belts at Abu Dhabi, all belts in together.

You're spot on about Renzo's. Here he is with Eddie Cummings, John Danaher, GSP, Garry Tonon (don't know the other two)

https://www.instagram.com/p/-wzKkwtRXd/

• Advertisement

Won't believe it until it's set in stone, but:

e25ea5dcade94699789cee876b6ce767.png

Advertisement