Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Well he has been living in the states a few years now so I am sure his English is a lot better than it was previously.

There is a big difference between being able to speak a second language and being comfortable with it in a business or professional/formal setting, the often tonation, expressions and vocabulary used would be very different from having a casual chat. With international media coverage you are also exposed to a host of different accents in your second language. I am sure he uses a translator to ensure he is missing as little as possible.

What I find annoying is people who cannot speak any other languages criticising methods of understanding for those who do.

He's been living in America alot longer than the majority of brazillians in mma, alot whom don't use a translator, look at RDA for example. Silva can speak pretty good English, He chooses to do it to be awkward, well he did v chael anyway. Your above bonded point is ridiculous considering you don't know what other languages people may or may not speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Your above bonded point is ridiculous considering you don't know what other languages people may or may not speak.

Out of interest do you speak any other languages?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Out of interest do you speak any other languages?

Yes I speak three in total including English, one I learned due to the need for it in work. Still for the life of me can't speak Irish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Devastator wrote: »
    Ive always liked Bisping, I know many haven't but this video is so cringeworthy. I loved Silva before he got caught juicing and I do want Bisping to win because of that.

Bisping had some clever lines rehearsed but Silva had far better comebacks right off the cuff.

Gonna be a cracking fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Wasnt bothered for ages about spiders return over the steroids but im seriously looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Love bisping to get the win. If it goes the distance i think he will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Wtf is that outfit Silva is wearing in the gym? Also it looks like his son is his main training partner. Do any serious fighters train his gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No Bruce Buffer for this event, confirmed by the man himself. :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

Anybody know what the situation is with the weigh ins for this? Will they be ticketed/open? Where? Time?

Anybody know what the situation is with the weigh ins for this? Will they be ticketed/open? Where? Time?

Taking place on Friday 26th February at The Indigo which is a 2,500 capacity arena in The 02. It's free and open to the general public. Doors open 2:45pm, starts 4pm.

• Advertisement

It's getting close now!

Is there many from here heading over for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

So is bt sport showing this event ?

ricero wrote: »

Not at all. It's only on fightpass

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Heading over this can't f'ing wait :D:D Some decent fights but it's all about the main event isn't it ?!! Anybody been before or know what the o2 is like for the ufc ?? layout screens etc etc..

ianob7 wrote: »
    Heading over this can't f'ing wait :D:D Some decent fights but it's all about the main event isn't it ?!! Anybody been before or know what the o2 is like for the ufc ?? layout screens etc etc..

If I was heading over I'd be 100% trying find the fighters hotel try get a pic with anderson silva and the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gamebred wrote: »
    If I was heading over I'd be 100% trying find the fighters hotel try get a pic with anderson silva and the lad.

That'd be the Hilton Canary Wharf then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

Is this not shown on bt/setanta?? it's not listed but it's being promoted on the setanta website?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Anyone know what time Bisping and Silva should be roughly on?

I want to watch Frampton Quigg as well.

Bisping is so basic hes a jack of all trades fancies his boxing it appears going by embedded,ok at everything great at nothing I fancy silva to embarass him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »

It's getting close now!

Is there many from here heading over for it?

Flying over Sat morning :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Had to come in here to talk about something other than McGregor. What are people's thoughts on the main event here. Be interesting to see which Silva shows up. He was a bit gun shy against Diaz. Disappointed to be missing this. Will be in the 3 arena watching the Bamma main event at the same time.

Had to come in here to talk about something other than McGregor. What are people's thoughts on the main event here. Be interesting to see which Silva shows up. He was a bit gun shy against Diaz. Disappointed to be missing this. Will be in the 3 arena watching the Bamma main event at the same time.

Silva KO Round 1

Bisping will crumble after the first good shot I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Anyone have any spares? Last minute flights but no tickets and all sold out on TM.

Cheers

Bisping bragging about being undefeated in the UK is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote: »
    Bisping bragging about being undefeated in the UK is hilarious.

He's a gas man. That's nothing really to boast about. I reckon silva too. Hopefully something highlight reel.

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Anyone have any spares? Last minute flights but no tickets and all sold out on TM.

Cheers

Getting tickets outside the 02 should be no issue from previous experience seeing the amount of touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watching the fighter media interviews and as Ariel is talking to Wilkinson when Makwan shouts over 'you're scared' and Mike retorts with 'I'm just on the phone with your missus' :pac:

Wilkinson hinting that SBG guys telling him about Makwan and how he hasn't even sparred with Conor.

Makwan says JK is like a 2nd father. Sounds like he got rightly done over in his last gym, hopefully it's smooth sailing at SBG.

Also, Norman saying him and Khabilov got into a heated situation in the hotel and had to be seperated. Might make for some heated fights.

I never thought I'd be rooting for Bisping over Silva but I hope the Brit smashes the Brazilian. Would make up for all the times Mike lost to a juiced opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    Not at all. It's only on fightpass

BBC bought the rights for european events. They'll be showing it, on one of their other channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Mellor wrote: »
    BBC bought the rights for european events. They'll be showing it, on one of their other channels

Don't think so man.Think its just for their new online BBC3 channel which can't be viewed here as they recently shut down the cable channel of BBC3.

Also i am not positive but i think its just pre fight and post fight coverage they bought,not actual fight coverage.

• Advertisement

Yeah tis commentary I read and delayed video,

Advertisement