Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Maybe he fights Diaz and gets this shot after.

Doubt it though, Jacare and Romero both waiting.
    The only thing Romero is waiting for is for his USADA hearing. He's nowhere near hte picture right now. Jacare lost,
    scudzilla wrote: »
    hahaha, not laughed out loud like that in this forum for some time

Everything suddenly makes sense, he's like the opposite end of the autistic spectrum to Palhares

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm sure many of us wondered why Silva seemed hesitant at times on Saturday night. This explains it, from his coach:

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/1/11140512/ufc-coach-anderson-silva-slowed-down-against-michael-bisping-afraid-he-re-injured-leg-mma
    "He felt a kick he landed in the first round, thought he cracked his leg and a screw moved. That limited his movements, made him stop attacking for a moment. I asked him to attack, but he said ‘professor, I'm feeling it, I have no confidence'. I said ‘use your heart, you're Anderson Silva, go after him'. That slowed him down a bit."

Perfectly understandable really. It must be so tough to recover mentally from that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

giphy.gif

Not having that excuse for a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Was at this event too. Few fights were absolute stinkers but some were excellent.

That Tom Breese fight was absolutely pathetic and it being the first time I saw Breese I was severely underwhelmed.

The Mousasi v Leites fight was bad matchmaking really. Leites (improved striking or not) cannot compete with an A-Level striker in a boxing match.

The Scott Ashkam KO of Chris Dempsey was the sickest KO I've seen in person.

I couldn't score the Bisping Silva fight there but after watching it back a couple of times now I'm actually leaning towards Silva 48-47, winning rounds 3,4 & 5. Effectiveness over quantity imo and I feel he did more damage in the 4th which was the most disputed round. It was an incredible fight to witness in person and I jumped up higher for the flying knee knockdown higher than I ever did for any Ireland goal haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm sure many of us wondered why Silva seemed hesitant at times on Saturday night. This explains it, from his coach:

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/1/11140512/ufc-coach-anderson-silva-slowed-down-against-michael-bisping-afraid-he-re-injured-leg-mma

Perfectly understandable really. It must be so tough to recover mentally from that.

Thought part of that was straight out of the wizard of oz for a second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

My arse, Silva has done similar on plenty of occasions in the past.

If his head isn't in it he should give it up. Personally I don't know how he could throw leg kicks again after what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He if the leg was a concern.He has two arms, two elbows and the other leg to look for the KO with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gamebred wrote: »

Not having that excuse for a minute

I suppose it's partially true, he does a have a screw loose

Just not in his leg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Mellor wrote: »
    He if the leg was a concern.He has two arms, two elbows and the other leg to look for the KO with.

and the front kick was working fine

Advertisement