Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lyoto Machida saying he wants to fight Michael Bisping in early 2016. Do we have our main event already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nuthugger3

Probably Bisping - Whittaker. I'm so excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nuthugger3 wrote: »
    Probably Bisping - Whittaker. I'm so excited.

He's fighting Hall this weekend, won't happen if he gets spin kicked back to 1965.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

There's rumours doing the rounds that if Gunni beats Maia, it could be Macdonald v Nelson on this card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

That's a very, very quick turnaround. He'd have no, or very little, rest in between camps. That fight could well take place but I'd say 1-3 months later than you're suggesting

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »
    That's a very, very quick turnaround. He'd have no, or very little, rest in between camps. That fight could well take place but I'd say 1-3 months later than you're suggesting

Yeah, I'd agree. It'd be great to see as a fan of both fighters but it's just too close I reckon. Any sort of even half-significant medical suspension for Gunnar and there's no chance straight away and that's ignoring the fact that I'm sure he'd want a rest to recharge before camp for what would be the biggest fight of his career if he was to be matched up with MacDonald. Rory was asked the Gunnar question at the Dublin Q&A so I wonder if the rumours are coming on the back off that?

I'm convinced it'll be Bisping against Machida or the winner of Hall/Whittaker at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shave A Bullock

Looks like Neil Seery could be on this card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nuthugger3

Maybe Hendo rematch. No better place to avenge that loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Nuthugger3 wrote: »
    Maybe Hendo rematch. No better place to avenge that loss.

Bisping probably has more to lose in that fight. A loss for him would be devastating really and I think it's a realistic outcome considering their styles. Pitter patter Vs. Ko Power

His self confidence might convince him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Same night as BAMMA in dublin!

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    Same night as BAMMA in dublin!

Yeah, I was very disappointed with that. I really enjoyed BAMMA in September and would love to have gone to this one, but I'll be in London instead. It's a shame they didn't have it on a different weekend.

Bisping confirms on The MMA Hour that he's fighting "a top 10 opponent" that's not Robert Whittaker. That leaves Machida or Mousasi really.

On a seperate note, I've got Fight Club but won't be able to try and get tickets until after 6pm the evening they go on sale to Fight Club members. Will I still be able to get tickets (preferably the more expensive ones) or is it a lost cause?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

is Bisping the main event then? would go if MacDonald was on the card against lombard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gamebred wrote: »
    is Bisping the main event then? would go if MacDonald was on the card against lombard.

That'll go down well, another UK card with Bisping as Main

• Registered Users Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Bisping confirms on The MMA Hour that he's fighting "a top 10 opponent" that's not Robert Whittaker. That leaves Machida or Mousasi really.

On a seperate note, I've got Fight Club but won't be able to try and get tickets until after 6pm the evening they go on sale to Fight Club members. Will I still be able to get tickets (preferably the more expensive ones) or is it a lost cause?

I'm pretty surprised by that. Robbie Whitaker will be looking for a top 10 fight too. I felt Bisping v Whitaker was a cert for London or Brisbane the following month.

I expect the card to be filled in with tom breeze,wilkinson,calderwood and manuwa anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Gamebred wrote: »

Bisping didn't seem too sure on the mma hour if he was main or not, and said the UFC were looking to build a good card with a few big fights. So there could well be a bigger main in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was considering trying to get cheapo tickets for this and crashing with a friend but I just realised it's the same night as Frampton v Quigg, damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Petermc83

would it be too soon for Tom Breese to main event?? id rather an exciting prospect like him being given the chance than Bisping...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

maximoose wrote: »
    Was considering trying to get cheapo tickets for this and crashing with a friend but I just realised it's the same night as Frampton v Quigg, damn it.

I hope you weren't planning on trying to get a cheap ticket for Frampton/Quigg? By all accounts(same as most events these days) the ticketing was an absolute sham

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have one lined up already thanks to a friend who got lucky, heard it was a complete mess yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know what the prices were like for the last one in London? Would love to head over to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

maximoose wrote: »
    Have one lined up already thanks to a friend who got lucky, heard it was a complete mess yeah!

Very lucky! Hope your friend bought a lotto ticket that day too :D Heard only small fraction actually went on sale to public & sold out within 1 minute :eek: Frampton/Cyclone(mcGuigan) let the fans down by not organizing it better for Irish fans. Personally I think its a con so they can have a rematch(regardless of result) in Belfast later next year and they'll put it across as they're doing it for the fans :rolleyes:

There really needs to be a regulatory body(worldwide) to stop companies, travel agents, touts ripping the hole off fans who are desperate for a ticket. That goes across all sports,concerts,etc

Hopefully UFC London isn't the same....not hold my breath thoguh

If given a free ticket to both I'd be going ufc every time,the boxing undercards are a joke least in mma you get hours of decent fights and not absolute walkovers for up and coming fighters beating journeymen,Ive no real interest in the frampton fight tbh he was smacked around by a mexican nobody the last day rigo is the king of that weight division.

Makwan Amirkhani vs Mike Wilkinson the first fight announced for this card.

Price list is as follows (per Jim Edwards, @MMA_Jim) which he says includes all fees:

P1 £167.25
    P2 £140.25
    P3 £112.25
    P4 £85.25
    P5 £57.25
    P6 £46.25

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    Makwan Amirkhani vs Mike Wilkinson the first fight announced for this card.

Price list is as follows (per Jim Edwards, @MMA_Jim) which he says includes all fees:

P1 £167.25
    P2 £140.25
    P3 £112.25
    P4 £85.25
    P5 £57.25
    P6 £46.25

Not bad. all seats £57.25+ are pretty good. I think I got them ones the last time and they were perfect.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not bad. all seats £57.25+ are pretty good. I think I got them ones the last time and they were perfect.

Nice. I'm going to splash out for the P1's for the first time. I'm just hoping they'll have some left in the Fight Club presale in the evening as I won't get on until then to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Very tempting ticket prices, decision now is whether to dip into my 194 savings or not...

• Advertisement

is p1 ringside? or how close?

Advertisement