Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Decent ground battle happening but they look tired right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

That was amazing to watch, very tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

it seems like bisping silva is going to fall exactly during frampton quigg ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Nice judging again.
    Will they give Bisping the decision while he is getting the smelling salts to wake him up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

If Breese ever met Demian Maia in the octagon he would be in a world of hurt. I'd be inclined to say the same for Gunnar Nelson as well.

He had to rely on his sheer size and strength there to keep control of nakamura on the ground.

• Advertisement

Overall very impressed with Tom Breese, good stand up, good ground game and he his tough. Looked a little tired towards the end but it was that type of fight. Can't see many people finishing him in his career.

Overall very impressed with Tom Breese, good stand up, good ground game and he his tough. Looked a little tired towards the end but it was that type of fight. Can't see many people finishing him in his career.

Yeah, I think he was a bit too hard on himself there to be honest.

John_D80 wrote: »
    If Breese ever met Demian Maia in the octagon he would be in a world of hurt. I'd be inclined to say the same for Gunnar Nelson as well.

He had to rely on his sheer size and strength there to keep control of nakamura on the ground.

Almost everyone will get schooled by Maia and Nelson, but Nakamura is pretty seasoned on the ground, I wouldn't hold it against Tom too much. He was a bit naive on the ground imo, he could of stayed there less and had more success on the feet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Tuning in late and it's all been a bit passive so far, omoplata aside

Tuning in late and it's all been a bit passive so far, omoplata aside

Some of the prelims were excitement city :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How was the Amirkhani fight?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Some of the prelims were excitement city :)

Yeah? Can you recommend ones I might look up tomorrow? This stuff is killing my interest tbh

Gamebred wrote: »
    How was the Amirkhani fight?

It was brilliant really, well worth a watch!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is there a UFC.tv app for PS4? Or are you watching it through the browser?

No app for PS4 and it wont work in the browser, you need flash for it to work through the browser.

Might be able to watch it in the live event viewer app but its only available in US/Canada

Leites face looks to be wearing those jabs big time.

Yeah? Can you recommend ones I might look up tomorrow? This stuff is killing my interest tbh

I might be a bit too eager, but I'd watch them all tbh, but the first two on the card were great : the Teymur fight, then Packalen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Snooze fest there, can't wait for this maim event. Hopefully a win over a cheat for Bisping.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Is there a UFC.tv app for PS4? Or are you watching it through the browser?

Sorry, browser! Never checked if there was a app, was just desperate to get it on!

ASOT wrote: »
    Snooze fest there, can't wait for this maim event. Hopefully another win over a a chest for Bisping.

I'm not a fan of Bisping but would like to see him win here, also sorry to see him face Silva at this point and not a few years ago for a title.

I'm not a fan of Bisping but would like to see him win here, also sorry to see him face Silva at this point and not a few years ago for a title.

Always liked Bisping, very entertaining. He's been right up there for this amount of time says something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sorry, browser! Never checked if there was a app, was just desperate to get it on!

There no app unfortunately. How have you it going in the browser though, you need flash to run it?

Be such a delight to see Bisping win this but I fear for his life for some reason, lol

Always liked Bisping, very entertaining. He's been right up there for this amount of time says something.

Ah yeah I agree as a fighter, he just rubbed me up the wrong wrong way for years as a person which he seems to have lost to degree in recent years though.

Ah yeah I agree as a fighter, he just rubbed me up the wrong wrong way for years as a person which he seems to have lost to degree in recent years though.

Yeah I'd say alot wouldn't like him, he seemed to change after Henderson nearly ended his life haha

Yeah I'd say alot wouldn't like him, he seemed to change after Henderson nearly ended his life haha

:D I literally lol'd there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anderson left head kick ko 3 minutes 34 seconds of the 2nd round.

Many don't like Bisping but hes done a lot in terms of being a big part of the reason the UFC was able to grow into the UK and across Europe. Hes the first non US winner of the Ultimate Fighter and has the third most wins in the UFC which is pretty impressive. He is no different to Conor McGregor hyping his fights and offending fighters and talking a lot and has made a good career out of it. He's also pretty decent when hes on Fox. I think what toned him down was knowing he probably wouldnt get a title shot anymore and was more a gatekeeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

They are both meant to be 6' 2" er yeah sure if you say so Mr Measuring guy.

jimmii wrote: »
    They are both meant to be 6' 2" er yeah sure if you say so Mr Measuring guy.

Was just going to say :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Yes Mike!!!! Go on kid!

Advertisement