Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Genuinely can't believe Bisping came back from that knee, the more they show it, he turned into a bag of potatoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ShaneU wrote: »
    The judging system is terrible, does damage dealt count for nothing? Reminds me of the GSP vs Hendricks decision, joke.

the way i reconcile it is ; its a sport for entertainment so they mark on activity rather than damage, unless you get the ko
    the rounds mean that someone is getting ahead in a fight but then there is a reset an i suppose in the same way damage delt only counts if you can beat the person to the ko tko or sub

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I think Bisping did enough to get the nod.

Amazing heart to see it out after the knee at the end of the 3rd. No way did I think he could survive another 10 minutes. He ate a lot of big shots.

Silva looks so dangerous when he attacks but he doesn't attack enough. He wastes so much time pissing around in there. I know he's always played mind games but he seems to have gotten much worse the older he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I thought that was Silva's fight tbh.

I thought it was a draw going into the final round and I thought Silva took that.

He should have finished the fight after he landed that front head kick though, he just stood there admiring his work when Bisping was rocked and one more punch would have finished him.

His own fault really for leaving it in the judges hands.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Those talking about the scoring and 10-8's where do you think a 10-8 should have been awarded? A 10-8 should only be where one fighter is completely dominant in a round. A flying knee literally at the end of the 3rd isn't enough to justify a 10-8 for the whole round. Same with a front kick later on. Silva won the rounds but he wasn't dominant, over the course of the fight Bisping landed more shots. In rounds 3 and 5 Silva spent too much time showboating instead of going for the kill.

At any point after the third you have to feel Silva he had the potential to go for the win and finish the fight but he didn't. There's only one person at fault for that, Silva..not the judges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

As many others have noted, I too cannot wrap my head around Silva's continued cockiness and idiot antics. I really thought that Diaz crapola had been a bit of a wake up call. Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Silva would annoy you at times with his antics. It's as if he wanted to get the perfect knock out but if he just poured on the attack he surely would have finished Bisping the shape he was in.

What heart by Mike though, hard not to feel happy for him. I don't think he'd fare too well against Rockhold but I think he just wants to get that shot before he retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ASOT wrote: »
    Genuinely can't believe Bisping came back from that knee, the more they show it, he turned into a bag of potatoes.

he was allowed come back from it by a cocky Anderson Silva who didn't go straight after him at the start of the next round like he should have. i had Silva nicking it 48-47 but it was that close that most people were hanging on the judges scores coz we simply didn't know which way it was gonna go. entertaining fight, but egg on Silva's face for not finishing the fight when i think he quite easily could have. respect to Bisping for going from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Anderson silva was the goat and let it go to his head. Then something changed and it stopped being about being the best martial artist. I think he wanted to humilate people to extend his legacey. To make himself be viewed as bruce lee and neos lovechild.

Damian maia, thales lettis, stephen bonnar, 2nd chael sonnen, chris weidmen, nick diaz, and now micheal bisping .

He spent half the 4th and 5th rounds trying to set up a spinning back elbow ko.

Lost the last four fights and 3 of them tarnished his legacey. Getting ko'd by aggronance. Failed drug test. Losing a decision against a worse fighter. What a way to go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

manual_man wrote: »
    he was allowed come back from it by a cocky Anderson Silva who didn't go straight after him at the start of the next round like he should have.

like seriously has the man any brains at all?

just letting bisbing recover whilst dancing around the ring :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

There was a left head kick open for Silva for the whole fight and he was just show boating waving his arms around. He tried to make a fool of Bisbing but ended up embarrassing himself.

I wouldn't be Bisbing's biggest fan but fair fcuks to him. Absolute heart to come back from that knee. And great to see him show serious respect to Silva when Silva showed him none during the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Someone brought it up aswell before the fight with him not wanting to speak much English clearly he could understand Herb saying fights not over at least 7 times and other officials, Delighted for Bisping.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

What a fight.

Love reading through the reactions after the event.

Bisping won in my books, but only narrowly. I could have seen it going either way.

Anderson was being a moron. I think he thinks he is like Ali or something, but it just comes across as arrogant and sad now.

So happy for Bisping, especially for a man always coming up just short, always in second place.

I thought he looked really good tonight, but Luke would kill him, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Agree with the comments on Silva, his cockiness is crazy and cost him another fight. I doubt Bisping could see out of his right eye in the last 2 rounds certainly not in the 4th wher he was wiping blood the whole round but Silva made no attempt to take advantage.

Silva stilled looked fresh at the end of the fight so I don't think it was down to fear of.burning out, seems to be pure ego that drives it.

I think Bisping deserves a title shot to top.off his career but putting him in with Rockhold wouldn't be much of a show of gratitude

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Everyone seems to be completely biased against Silva, he clearly won that fight. Yes he clowned too much as usual but did way more damage and not just with the knee and front kick. The last 3 rounds were his. If it was anyone else fighting Bisping you would be raging about the decision. Bisping himself and everyone in the arena was surprised at the result. It was nice for Bisping but between this and the Pickett fight earlier the judges made horrible calls in favour of the British boys and it's a hollow victory in my opinion. Heart and chin only count for so much he was outclassed

Den_M wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be completely biased against Silva, he clearly won that fight. Yes he clowned too much as usual but did way more damage and not just with the knee and front kick. The last 3 rounds were his. If it was anyone else fighting Bisping you would be raging about the decision. Bisping himself and everyone in the arena was surprised at the result. It was nice for Bisping but between this and the Pickett fight earlier the judges made horrible calls in favour of the British boys and it's a hollow victory in my opinion. Heart and chin only count for so much he was outclassed

if you think that was bad you should watch the hamill fight :D

50/50 in my eyes

empacher wrote: »
    Lost the last four fights and 3 of them tarnished his legacey. Getting ko'd by aggronance. Failed drug test. Losing a decision against a worse fighter. What a way to go out.

Very petty attitude there about someone widely regarded, by Bisping too, as the best ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Delighted for Bisping. He deserved it. DONT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF THE JUDGES.

not sure how many fights bisbing has left and lets face it he has no hope against luke

I hope if he has one or more fights left that one of them is a big money one against nick diaz
    its time this fight finally happened

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Neither ''clearly'' won that fight fwiw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Everyone seems to be completely biased against Silva, he clearly won that fight. Yes he clowned too much as usual but did way more damage and not just with the knee and front kick. The last 3 rounds were his.

He didn't clearly win the fight, it could have went to either of them. Way more damage - are you basing that on the swelling on Bispings face or the amount of times they hit each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

When Silva spoke in Portuguese to Hardy he said that the whole judging system is currupt and that he was robbed, his manager never translated it and left it out. Why are brazillians so sour, it's his own fault he didn't win the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Silva hit way fewer strikes but they dealt a lot more damage.

Bisbing was busy throughout the fight, controlled the centre for large parts and wobbled Silva twice in the first 2.

Fight could have went either way. If it was scored on damage done then Silva won hands down but its not, and the way the scoring system is in the UFC, Bisbing won fairly.

Anyone who says either fighter won clearly or hands down, hasn't a clue what they're talking about, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Very petty attitude there about someone widely regarded, by Bisping too, as the best ever

he was my favourite fighter for years, but his legacey went to his head and all he's done is be made a fool of himself three times recentley one costing him the title.

Bisping is really going to milk this one isnt he.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Bisping is really going to milk this one isnt he.

i know i'm in the minority but i like your posts
    just what i was thinking watching the presser
    i like him fighting but not talking

RoryMac wrote: »
    Agree with the comments on Silva, his cockiness is crazy and cost him another fight. I doubt Bisping could see out of his right eye in the last 2 rounds certainly not in the 4th wher he was wiping blood the whole round but Silva made no attempt to take advantage.

Silva stilled looked fresh at the end of the fight so I don't think it was down to fear of.burning out, seems to be pure ego that drives it.

I think Bisping deserves a title shot to top.off his career but putting him in with Rockhold wouldn't be much of a show of gratitude

his left was fcuked as well

Bisping was murdered by Rockhold already I fear for his health if he gets a title shot(weidman rockhold is booked anyways)

Any chance we get moussasi on the holland card im planning on going hope he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

ASOT wrote: »
    When Silva spoke in Portuguese to Hardy he said that the whole judging system is currupt and that he was robbed, his manager never translated it and left it out. Why are brazillians so sour, it's his own fault he didn't win the fight.

He's not wrong, the judging was appalling and weighted far too heavily in favour of english fighters.

• Advertisement

Now that I've calmed down a bit, yeah neither of them clearly won the fight, it was close. But thought Silva did enough after a slow start to get the nod.

I guess it's the unified rules scoring system that I have a problem with, surely more importance needs to be given to damage inflicted and the overall progression of the fight like in Pride? Just looking at both fighters at the end tells a story. Silva hardly had a mark on him, Bisping was bollixed and was in big trouble in last few rounds. Imo that should swing it when it's close. I know Silva got dropped early but he never looked in danger. Bisping was on queer street a few times.

That said, I thought Condit deserved the win over Nick Diaz that time, when opponents of the unified scoring system were raging. Ah I dunno. Crazy fight for sure and great entertainment

Advertisement