Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

How stupid was the question from the guy at the press conference about EA UFC 2?

"I think every fighter should have a finishing move, what would your finishing move be"?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I thought the Bisping "No Offence" would be a good move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ASOT wrote: »
    When Silva spoke in Portuguese to Hardy he said that the whole judging system is currupt and that he was robbed, his manager never translated it and left it out. Why are brazillians so sour, it's his own fault he didn't win the fight.

Seriously? I didnt watch the fight as I was watching the boxing but was flickign through twitter on my phone between rounds and nobody picked up on that! You're right about them being sour, I'd add deluded as they seem completely ignorant of their own actions while slinging accusations at others.

Its hardly anything new & surprizing anyway is it? Any time I'm betting and think there is a close fight which could goto a decision I'll go with the "home" fighter. Its not nesseccerilly because I think the judges or judging it incorrectly but think the crowd sways a judges opinion. Watch back over any Brazilian(yup they're in the firing line because Silva's whingeing) event and the crowd goes mad when 'their' fighter has a little flurry, he might not land anything but the reaction from the crowd would make it sound like a knock out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It was a very close fight with round 4 being the deciding round (I thought no round was a 10-8). I gave it to Bisping but I also couldn't tell someone they're wrong if they gave Silva that round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Fromvert wrote: »
    It was a very close fight with round 4 being the deciding round (I thought no round was a 10-8). I gave it to Bisping but I also couldn't tell someone they're wrong if they gave Silva that round.

For damage and finishing the fight strongest you would give it to Silva,but he basically surrendered the fight in Round 4,by spending the first 3 and half minutes against the fence doing nothing,theres no way you can give him that round imo.Had he pushed the pace he definitely seemed like he had a finish in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

newbbieb wrote: »
    For damage and finishing the fight strongest you would give it to Silva,but he basically surrendered the fight in Round 4,by spending the first 3 and half minutes against the fence doing nothing,theres no way you can give him that round imo.Had he pushed the pace he definitely seemed like he had a finish in him.

I agree, I don't know what he was doing against the fence (Bisping seemed a little confused too). And this was just after he hit the knee, he should of came out aggressive in the fourth with Bisping hurt.

That was Silva's biggest error in the fight and Bisping wasn't smart either when the mouth guard fell out, fight until the ref stops it. Not once but twice! he took his eyes off Silva and he paid the second time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anderson doing that standing against the cage is funny the first time,then you realise hes actually losing the fight,possibly the best fight IQ ever and he does that showboating/bating crap,

He had Bisping hurt bad once or twice and hardly strolls after him hes a crazy dude its like he wants the drama instead of a clean KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Gamebred wrote: »
    Anderson doing that standing against the cage is funny the first time,then you realise hes actually losing the fight,possibly the best fight IQ ever and he does that showboating/bating crap,

He had Bisping hurt bad once or twice and hardly strolls after him hes a crazy dude its like he wants the drama instead of a clean KO.

Aye, after the front kick, he didn't jump on him.

Just stood there, it's like he believes he can finish it when he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

In fairness to Anderson i thought he looked like a different fight than the one who fought Diaz,there was glimpses of the old Silva tonight.

Great win for Bisping tonight but you hope he hangs them up soon,no way he can win the title,he is so far off that level.

Bisping wont be hanging them up anytime soon hes fighting better than ever,division is so good thats the problem though Luke schooled him not long ago,

Where does Anderson go from here now? hes not getting near the belt at that age so maybe 2 or 3 big fights and pack it in tim kennedy wants to fight him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Bisping wont be hanging them up anytime soon hes fighting better than ever,division is so good thats the problem though Luke schooled him not long ago,

Where does Anderson go from here now? hes not getting near the belt at that age so maybe 2 or 3 big fights and pack it in tim kennedy wants to fight him.

Kennedy, Vitor in Brazil and there's really not much else.

Kennedy, Vitor in Brazil and there's really not much else.

How about McGregor ufc 200 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not a big Bisping fan but he's been around so long it's hard to begrudge him a title fight. Something he's never had. He'll get destroyed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mousasi isn't a fan of Machida :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I think its pretty obvious Anderson's chin has deteriorated, and the only logical explanation of his clowning around is that he did not want to stand in the pocket and trade with Bisping in fear of getting knocked out. I'm also surprised Bisping didn't try and hit more takedown's to score more points, similar in how Cruz did v Dillashaw in Boston. Anderson seems to have gotten old very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

It was a close fight but I don't agree with people saying it could've gone either way. There were no 10-8 rounds and Bisping clearly won rounds 1, 2 & 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

RonanP77 wrote: »
    It was a close fight but I don't agree with people saying it could've gone either way. There were no 10-8 rounds and Bisping clearly won rounds 1, 2 & 4.

Agree completely. Bisping won 3 clear rounds, Silva seamed disinterested and let those slip away. He created a situation where he needed a finished, but then didn't go for it towards the end, or after he rocked Bisping.

ShaneU wrote: »
    The judging system is terrible, does damage dealt count for nothing? Reminds me of the GSP vs Hendricks decision, joke.

Damage done does count. Silva did more damage in rounds 3 and 5. So he won those rounds, he lost the other 3.
    Den_M wrote: »
    The last 3 rounds were his. If it was anyone else fighting Bisping you would be raging about the decision.
    I was always a big Silva fan, but Was happy to see Busping win too. Didn't care who won. But I found it v.hard to make a case for Silva in the 4th round when he did so little.

The 4th was the only close round imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson v Chael 3 soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson v Chael 3 soon.

Doubt chael will come back, always says on his podcast he has no interest anymore. But money talks and the former middleweight and light heavywieght champion would still be a massive draw.

ASOT wrote: »
    Doubt chael will come back, always says on his podcast he has no interest anymore. But money talks and the former middleweight and light heavywieght champion would still be a massive draw.

His manager and FWIW FrontRowBrian both think he'll come back. I hear him say it alot on his podcast too but he's only 38 and hasn't taken an outrages amount of damage for a 38 year old.

The more I look at Silva's approach to rounds 4 and 5, the more I question the image he had.
    In fights such as Stefan Bonnar, Forrest Griffin and all the times he pulled crazy knock outs after playacting all fight. He was always given a pass in regards to fiht IQ as it appeared like he was literally able to finish at will. But last nights championship rounds really make me question everything we've seen.
    what if he's actually a bit simple, and the amazing KO's covered up that fact for years.
    How was his corner not telling him that he might need a KO to win going in the 5th? I don't think anyone in his corner could been confidant that Silva had 3 rounds in the bag towards the end of the fight. Sure it was possible that he had the 4th, but that was a very narrow margin either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was there last night. A very poor card overall but an enjoyable night and the excellent main event made up for the rest of it.

I gave Bisping the nod 48-47 on the night and after watching it back a couple of times today still have the same opinion. In honesty, I really struggle to see how anyone could give that fight to Silva. It's a very clear 48-47 to Bisping IMO.

I was delighted that Bisping won and had been saying he had a very good chance ever since the fight was made. It's fitting that someone who has fought clean throughout his career and always fallen at the final hurdle (and picked up a serious injury) to opponents who have gone on to test positive finally made the leap. That said it was an honour to see Silva fight live and certainly something ticked off the bucket list. The respect Bisping showed him after the fight was touching. A great scene.

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/704160701573636096

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/704158638051627008

Diaz winding him up posts a few pictures on social media dont think he even tagged Mike and he takes the bait hook line and sinker,

Expect a few ''hey I beat anderson silva you couldnt'' replies from him for the next 40 years.

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/704160701573636096

https://twitter.com/bisping/status/704158638051627008

Diaz winding him up posts a few pictures on social media dont think he even tagged Mike and he takes the bait hook line and sinker,

Expect a few ''hey I beat anderson silva you couldnt'' replies from him for the next 40 years.

Tbf, he's probably just playing the game too.

I don't think he's that worried about a title shot right this second. Especially as Weidman Rockhold is already scheduled. Maybe he fights Diaz and gets this shot after.

Doubt it though, Jacare and Romero both waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »
    The more I look at Silva's approach to rounds 4 and 5, the more I question the image he had.
    In fights such as Stefan Bonnar, Forrest Griffin and all the times he pulled crazy knock outs after playacting all fight. He was always given a pass in regards to fiht IQ as it appeared like he was literally able to finish at will. But last nights championship rounds really make me question everything we've seen.
    what if he's actually a bit simple, and the amazing KO's covered up that fact for years.
    How was his corner not telling him that he might need a KO to win going in the 5th? I don't think anyone in his corner could been confidant that Silva had 3 rounds in the bag towards the end of the fight. Sure it was possible that he had the 4th, but that was a very narrow margin either way.

hahaha, not laughed out loud like that in this forum for some time

scudzilla wrote: »
    hahaha, not laughed out loud like that in this forum for some time

Tbf, some of his behaviour is absolutely baffling.

Wasn't it against Maia where he just shut down and would not finish him, barely engaged at all and the whole crowd started booing for like 3 rounds?

He is a strange dude and pretty arrogant, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Tbf, some of his behaviour is absolutely baffling.

Wasn't it against Maia where he just shut down and would not finish him, barely engaged at all and the whole crowd started booing for like 3 rounds?

He is a strange dude and pretty arrogant, it seems.

Yep 112 in Abu Dhabi, absolutely shocking fight. Was a decent card up until that, Gus got choked out by Davis and Frankie out a beat down on BJ for the belt.

• Advertisement

Advertisement