Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Autumn/Winter 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

Torrential rain just clearing from near Enfield. Very strong winds during the rain. Heard a few of the rumbles from the lightning around Naas and saw one flash in that direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Met eireanns rainfall radar is understating things somewhat today ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Met eireanns rainfall radar is understating things somewhat today ��

It does that every day since they changed the colour scheme.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It does that every day since they changed the colour scheme.:(

They should change it back, I used to find it really useful.... Any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

They should change it back, I used to find it really useful.... Any alternatives?

The met.ie radar used to be fantastic before they changed it. Now, it doesn't pick up a lot of precipitation and the colour scheme is awful.

I use Netweather's radar for the most part now (http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=). The only issue I have with it is that sometimes the scope of its radar stops just over the Aran Islands so you can see what's coming (if it's from the west). That being said it's usually very reliable and the colour scheme is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭The_Outsider

Totally agree. The new colours aren't great at all - much prefer the old ones.
    I don't use the standard radar page anymore as a result.

Nowadays I use the mobile site (m.met.ie) as they still have the old colours on that sites radar page.
    Even on a PC it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Seen about 10 flashes of lighting towards ballina in the last half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

the sligo based rescue helicopter ,rescue 118 (EI-ICR) said to Shannon atc that there is a bad thunderstorm over Donegal bay at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

the sligo based rescue helicopter ,rescue 118 (EI-ICR) said to Shannon atc that there is a bad thunderstorm over Donegal bay at the moment

Yeah I posted that by mistake in the weather warning post, they are heading to Galway Hospital ETA 20 minutes, great guys not a nice night to he out

Just landed now at UHG in torrential rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

LDY (Derry Airport) reporting in the vicinity thunderstorms at 15:50.

Loud thunder West of castlebar now

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

Some nice flashes out over clew bay at de minute..sittin here in jeep lookin at dem waitin for the cavalry to arrive wit spare parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thunder currently in Castlebar, some nice bright blue flashes, coupled with intense rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Interesting. Get some snaps.

Plenty of lightning in Donegal this evening with those heavy showers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big Cb's around this evening and a recent heavy shower but havent heard any thunder, spherics showing up in Kerry too

kCeEpgW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Massive blast of thunder directly overhead n west roscommon earlier. Sounded like bomb going off. Smell of sulpher n air too. Power gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Some severe shower activity earlier this evening with hail and lightning. All quite again now.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Thunder Waterford city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Pete2k wrote: »
    Massive blast of thunder directly overhead n west roscommon earlier. Sounded like bomb going off. Smell of sulpher n air too. Power gone

Seen the flash from that, I think, circa 6.15pm? I saw the west sky light up from hilly ground in south Laois!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Couple of nice forks out my back window here in wexford town. Wasnt expecting that, nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Couple of nice forks out my back window here in wexford town. Wasnt expecting that, nice surprise!

tis moving your way

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=
    http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Seems to be heating up down the SE.. Bring some to Dublin Please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

Danno wrote: »
    Seen the flash from that, I think, circa 6.15pm? I saw the west sky light up from hilly ground in south Laois!

And I think I saw that flash too... From near Kilcock, Kildare!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Seems to be heating up down the SE.. Bring some to Dublin Please

Wales has thunder and lightning now, so Dublin has missed out once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very heavy showers in Galway with gusty winds havn't heard any thunder yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Very heavy showers all evening with hail and some very strong gusts.

Thunder and lightning in Galway

• Advertisement

Very bright lightning here

Advertisement