Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I like Jack Dee hopefully he'll find the balance for his dry wit. When is the apprentice back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Loughc wrote: »
    I like Jack Dee hopefully he'll find the balance for his dry wit. When is the apprentice back?

Im beginning to think its air date is a fecking secret. 10 minutes of googling and I've established that it will be back in September. Considering we are half way through September, it should be soon right?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

I'm a big fan of Jack Dee. Looking forward to this when it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

syklops wrote: »
    Im beginning to think its air date is a fecking secret. 10 minutes of googling and I've established that it will be back in September. Considering we are half way through September, it should be soon right?

BBC (and RTÉ for that matter) are absolutely shocking at letting people know the return date of a series. You usually get told the month and then maybe a day beforehand you'll find out, "New Series Starts Tomorrow" and you're sat there thinking, thanks for the notice - could it have killed yas to announce that a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I for one have decided to follow this thread with the aim being that I will see on here that it starts on X date as I am not very active on twitter so wont see Lord Sugar announce date and don't really watch BBC television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

That's disappointing, I don't like Jack Dee. I don't think he is suitable for this role.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That's disappointing, I don't like Jack Dee. I don't think he is suitable for this role.
    Same, disaster, but nothing would replace Dara OB so it was always going to be that way.

Still though, totally forgot the Apprentice is back, I suddenly feel like the world is as big as my oyster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Digital Spy are saying, although a start date has yet to be officially confirmed, they think it is likely The Apprentice will return in it's usual Wednesday evening slot the week after Great British Bake Off finishes on October 14th.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s108/the-apprentice/feature/a667993/the-apprentice-2015-everything-you-need-to-know-including-the-start-date-and-the-stars.html#~poJIYGXQGv3nQ3

"Everything you need to know including start dates and stars - When is it back? Its not confirmed"

Surely this is some form of fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The Apprentice must be starting soon as BBC1 showed Lord Sugar and a few clips of the show last night but no date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rosie Gardens

And who couldn't love the idea that Claude is replacing Nick, I loved Nick and I love the idea of Claude being a more permanent fixture on the show.

I don't take issue with Jack Dee doing You're Fired, he could do a really good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wish Claude was replacing Karen instead, Nick was too good to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Thargor wrote: »

Who would be Sugar's female adviser, then? :o:o:D;)

I like Karen. She's very funny when she's giving out.

I loved Margaret though, she was hilarious and the faces she made were priceless. I'll miss Nick, but Claude will very quickly make it his own I think.

Karren's been there longer than Margaret now. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just sayin'. :o:D;)

Karren's been there longer than Margaret now. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just sayin'. :o:D;)

Seriously? Feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Ooh, I love Claude. Wasn't he the one who said - you're not a small fish in a big pond- you're not even a fish! Classic.

Ooh, I love Claude. Wasn't he the one who said - you're not a small fish in a big pond- you're not even a fish! Classic.

He's also the one who called ... what was his name from the year before last? Small, hipsterish? Anyway, Claude said "You're basically a parasite".

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

He's also the one who called ... what was his name from the year before last? Small, hipsterish? Anyway, Claude said "You're basically a parasite".

Nice.
    Stuart bags the brand, no that was a few years back. I really like the Apprentice and look forward to it every year, for Sugar's Del Boy comments to the cringing.... Can't wait

• Advertisement

Stuart bags the brand, no that was a few years back. I really like the Apprentice and look forward to it every year, for Sugar's Del Boy comments to the cringing.... Can't wait

Jordan!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Same, disaster, but nothing would replace Dara OB so it was always going to be that way.

Still though, totally forgot the Apprentice is back, I suddenly feel like the world is as big as my oyster :D

Of course it is James, not just because you won CBB . . .

James Hill... meh. :o:o:o:D

Meanwhile, I wonder how much attention Sugar has paid to Jen Maguire in the years since she was on the show?

He was scared of her - yet nowadays she scares nobody with her attempts at being a comedienne... :o:o:D;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

You know, I don't think Nick's departure will make all that much difference to be honest. His presence was a lot less keenly felt when Margaret left.
    I like Karen. She's very funny when she's giving out.

I loved Margaret though, she was hilarious and the faces she made were priceless. I'll miss Nick, but Claude will very quickly make it his own I think.

I like Karen too. One of my favourite moments of hers is from last year when Sanjay was a dick about Bianca behind her back, only for Karen to call him out on it in front of everyone in the boardroom. Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'd forgotten Nick retired. Really looking forward to seeing more Claude and hearing some of that dry wit
    I've read through your CV and it's fair to say that it's exceptional. Exceptionally bad, that is.

October 14th at 9pm it's back, with episode 2 airing the following night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Over the moon we'll be seeing a lot more of Claude!

October 14th at 9pm it's back, with episode 2 airing the following night.

Sounds like a scheduling cockup. First we are told it will be back in September, and then they air episodes one and two within 48 hours. Well done BBC.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Sounds like a scheduling cockup. First we are told it will be back in September, and then they air episodes one and two within 48 hours. Well done BBC.

They've aired the first two episodes on consecutive nights for many years now.

It's a great idea imo. We can get into the series quicker, especially when the first 2/3 weeks tend to just be going through the motions until the numbers are whittled down and the tasks intensify.

• Advertisement

They've aired the first two episodes on consecutive nights for many years now.

It's a great idea imo. We can get into the series quicker, especially when the first 2/3 weeks tend to just be going through the motions until the numbers are whittled down and the tasks intensify.

Yeah nothing new, it's the norm now that the first two episodes are aired within a day of each other. It's the same week the Great British Bake Off ends, which although I haven't watched is another high rating show of theirs - makes sense to me that one would lead into the other...

Advertisement