Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,202 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What fps do guys on PC get on this? I was getting a solid 144+ before on high settings with 6700k and a 1070 but I seem to have lost 60 frames or so out of nowhere and it runs around 80fps now.even dropping everything to low doesn't get 144 now. It's not really noticeable but still annoys me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Corvo wrote: »
    I had a feeling Maverick would be a strong operator and he is. Will hold off buying him, as he is going to be nerfed into oblivion as usual. Even his M4 looks to be a solid weapon, seen some footage and the recoil was similar to that of Jager's rifle. Not as mad into Clash, seems too limited.

No shield bashing makes me very reluctant with her, but nice change up anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What fps do guys on PC get on this? I was getting a solid 144+ before on high settings with 6700k and a 1070 but I seem to have lost 60 frames or so out of nowhere and it runs around 80fps now.even dropping everything to low doesn't get 144 now. It's not really noticeable but still annoys me :o

I know they added some dynamic resolution thing in on consoles lately (more texture detail when less busy on screen) but no idea if that's on pc...could be that?

Just on Clash, I'm usually the one in the team that anchors or does the Intel so I'm beginning to wonder if I should get her first now..I'll see what happens on the tts first maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Youtube

Thanks for these btw, shared with a friend who want's to get into Siege.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thanks for these btw, shared with a friend who want's to get into Siege.

no worries, I like those vids cause they're not ultra serious, Siege is daunting enough for people who've been playing it a while, not to mind people starting completely from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've been playing siege since day one on console. i have 900+ hours clocked on PvP and regularly get plat.
    Years ago i used to play PC games and I recently bought a gaming laptop and 27 inch 4k screen. This weekend I bought siege on PC. Jaysus am I bad at it. Even on the situations I suck :D It's been probably 15 years since I played with keyboard and mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Poxy servers acting the mick tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

khaldrogo wrote: »

Fine on PC for us

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Fine on PC for us

Thinly veiled 'look at me and my big gaming PC' post!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thinly veiled 'look at me and my big gaming PC' post!!!

:pac: alright so bahh

• Advertisement

Couldn't get on with ps4 myself so was time to try to get further in God of War for me...
    Raging though as I'm trying to get enough renown for Maverick when he goes live

xbox servers are gone to sh1t lately, its very rare now to play a game and not have either the connection icon flashing red and yellow in the top corner, or else that icon that looks like a bar graph. A right pain in the hoop.

smokingman wrote: »
    Couldn't get on with ps4 myself so was time to try to get further in God of War for me...
    Raging though as I'm trying to get enough renown for Maverick when he goes live

Just buy the season pass!!!

Im in the market for a new headset but Im on a serious budget

any suggestions?

im looking at these Turtle beach ones. Thoughts?

Just buy the season pass!!!

I find it far more rewarding to work for a new operator. It also gives me time to get to know one before I get distracted with another.

smokingman wrote: »
    I find it far more rewarding to work for a new operator. It also gives me time to get to know one before I get distracted with another.

It takes so long to get the renown and then if you buy the OP and you dont like them or cant use them youre fecked!!!

I remember when i first started playing, Velvet Shell, and i played so much to unlock either mira or jackel......i choose jackel and died a little inside once i used him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

This is my first year with the season pass. I just knew I wouldn't have time to get the renown needed.

Takes me about a week and a half to unlock a new one. I'm of the age where I had to wait a half hour for a cassette game to load so patience is integral to how I approach games and my feeling of reward from them.

I just like earning something I suppose.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,202 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got the year 3 pass but I'm happy to chip away at year one and 2 with renown as I have a fair idea which ones I would actually use from that pool.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got the year 3 pass but I'm happy to chip away at year one and 2 with renown as I have a fair idea which ones I would actually use from that pool.

same for me, got the year 2 as well, only have capitao left to unlock with renown out of the year one ops at this stage.

• Advertisement

same for me, got the year 2 as well, only have capitao left to unlock with renown out of the year one ops at this stage.

Don't bother!!!

Don't bother!!!

Ah, I'd have to get him, The blank space in the operator selection screen would annoy me, the fact that he's being touted as a counter to clash makes him have at least some utility.

Don't bother!!!

Don't like him myself but he's the best counter for Clash apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Im in the market for a new headset but Im on a serious budget

any suggestions?

im looking at these Turtle beach ones. Thoughts?

Me and the lads I play with all use the 40 euro turtle Beach one (for Xbox). Mine broke there 1 month ago after owning it for 6 months but otherwise they're grand.

Mr_Man2121 wrote:
    Me and the lads I play with all use the 40 euro turtle Beach one (for Xbox). Mine broke there 1 month ago after owning it for 6 months but otherwise they're grand.

They're not specific to certain consoles though are they?

These ones I'm looking at probably retail around the 40e mark. These are ex display ones, hence the price.

smokingman wrote:
    Don't like him myself but he's the best counter for Clash apparently.

Just because he can track her??? Sure she moves slow and makes a ton of noise, shouldn't be too hard to find her!!!

I just don't like the vision impairment when his visors is down and I find his main gun recoil hard to control. I've never won a gun fight with it.

Just because he can track her??? Sure she moves slow and makes a ton of noise, shouldn't be too hard to find her!!!

I just don't like the vision impairment when his visors is down and I find his main gun recoil hard to control. I've never won a gun fight with it.

You're thinking of Jackal, Capitao is the brazilian guy with the crossbow. You could shoot the fire arrow behind her if her shield is up is the reason he counters her I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ProvableGrub

I dont get why people are so impatient when it comes to grinding renown. People who don’t own the season pass will understand me hopefully, but when you have all of the operators unlocked there is no point in playing other than levelling up and getting a rank. Skins arent worth the grind as half of them are terrible, and the other half are too expensive. Plus you can pick and choose which operators to get, whereas with the season pass you’re paying for operators you’ll probably never use.

Half the fun is in the grind.

Mickeroo wrote:
    You're thinking of Jackal, Capitao is the brazilian guy with the crossbow. You could shoot the fire arrow behind her if her shield is up is the reason he counters her I think.

Sorry. I was talking about jackel in my post. I got confused. I can see how capitao would be a good counter alright

• Advertisement

I don't play to level up or get a specific rank. I play because I love the game. Doesn't matter what rank you are, the game is the same game(up to high silver/low gold and above)
    Copper, bronze and low silver, the game is the game and what a game!!!!!

Advertisement