Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I don't play to level up or get a specific rank. I play because I love the game. Doesn't matter what rank you are, the game is the same game(up to high silver/low gold and above)
    Copper, bronze and low silver, the game is the game and what a game!!!!!

Until you match up against a diamond team and die within 10 seconds of each round starting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Mr_Man2121 wrote:
    Me and the lads I play with all use the 40 euro turtle Beach one (for Xbox). Mine broke there 1 month ago after owning it for 6 months but otherwise they're grand.

They're not specific to certain consoles though are they?

These ones I'm looking at probably retail around the 40e mark. These are ex display ones, hence the price.

What platform are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Mr_Man2121 wrote:

Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ps4

I use the Sony Gold headset, which is quality. Comfortable and practical for storage (it folds in on itself). May be a wee bit more pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,829 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I use the Sony Gold headset, which is quality. Comfortable and practical for storage (it folds in on itself). May be a wee bit more pricey.

I love the built in mic on them.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote:

Is there no lag from it being Bluetooth?

Jordan 199 wrote:
    I love the built in mic on them.

Can you toggle the mic or is it on all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,829 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Can you toggle the mic or is it on all the time?

You can mute/unmute it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Ah, I'd have to get him, The blank space in the operator selection screen would annoy me, the fact that he's being touted as a counter to clash makes him have at least some utility.

He's also fantastic on Bomb to stop the defenders getting at the defuser after it's planted, stopping Bandit-tricking, flushing people out of corners, cutting off rotations etc.
    His weapons aren't the best but he can be very useful.

Is there no lag from it being Bluetooth?

No. I think it's wireless though, not Bluetooth. You plug a receiver into the PS4. It's made by Sony for the PS4, so it's solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Mr_Man2121 wrote:

Ps4
    The one I have is the 50x for Xbox but there's the 50p for PS4 and it's the same price

Mr_Man2121 wrote:
    The one I have is the 50x for Xbox but there's the 50p for PS4 and it's the same price

Is the mic mute a toggle on/off switch or do you have to keep it held to mute?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭smokingman

Is the mic mute a toggle on/off switch or do you have to keep it held to mute?

It's a toggle, button on your lower left ear.
    You've chat and game balance audio balance buttons under your right ear as well as general volume up and down buttons.
    The audio in rainbow is amazing with it.

smokingman wrote:
    It's a toggle, button on your lower left ear. You've chat and game balance audio balance buttons under your right ear as well as general volume up and down buttons. The audio in rainbow is amazing with it.

There's one on eBay for 31e brand new. Think I'll go for that. Thanks.

There's one on eBay for 31e brand new. Think I'll go for that. Thanks.

I stand corrected...all those are below and above your left ear. Nothing on the right ear after fnishing my weekly challenges tonight with it.

I had to do an update tonight on ps4 any ideas what for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So I have chat turned off on PC like from literally the moment it became an option. (also have in game comms turned off). I play other games and I dont turn off chat.....just this one.

Played tonight and seen 2 things ( I play with others on TS, never solo). This was passed on to me via TS.

Dude on other team " what is the country that has stan at the end of it"
    We had 3 on TS and 2 randomers.
    Randomer 1 "paki"
    RANDOMER 1 Kicked from game for being Toxic.

Next game we had 5 on TS and playing some of the same lads from previous.
    TS person "what is Phineas Ferb? sisters name"
    Other team player "Candice" ?
    Other team player kicked from game for being toxic.

I get what UBI is trying but at what point do you just realise people who play video games online are utter, utter ***** when giving an audience and the safety of the internet? I would remove the platform ie no chat no in game comms but that would affect a large amount of players? It would be detrimental to the game as its supposed to be played. But if this is the level players go to...well so be it.

Still would do it tho.

Game is sunshine and lollipops for me and every round we say GG HF WP I just dont see it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,202 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah "What's slang for cigarettes in England?" is another I've seen.

A lad I play with got banned the other night because there was a guy on the other team called CoonHD or something, he got a really nice kill on him and he goes "Nice shot Coon!". Kicked instantly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A lad I play with got banned the other night because there was a guy on the other team called CoonHD or something, he got a really nice kill on him and he goes "Nice shot Coon!". Kicked instantly :D

See thats nailed it, just dont have chat on for both teams to see.

So any "toxic" ****e is between your own team.

• Advertisement

I don't understand. This is via text chat?
    None of these complications on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So I have chat turned off on PC like from literally the moment it became an option. (also have in game comms turned off). I play other games and I dont turn off chat.....just this one.

Played tonight and seen 2 things ( I play with others on TS, never solo). This was passed on to me via TS.

Dude on other team " what is the country that has stan at the end of it"
    We had 3 on TS and 2 randomers.
    Randomer 1 "paki"
    RANDOMER 1 Kicked from game for being Toxic.

Next game we had 5 on TS and playing some of the same lads from previous.
    TS person "what is Phineas Ferb? sisters name"
    Other team player "Candice" ?
    Other team player kicked from game for being toxic.

I get what UBI is trying but at what point do you just realise people who play video games online are utter, utter ***** when giving an audience and the safety of the internet? I would remove the platform ie no chat no in game comms but that would affect a large amount of players? It would be detrimental to the game as its supposed to be played. But if this is the level players go to...well so be it.

Still would do it tho.

Game is sunshine and lollipops for me and every round we say GG HF WP I just dont see it.

I must be missing something obvious - what's the deal with 'Candice'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I must be missing something obvious - what's the deal with 'Candice'?

Candice peepee go in your bumhole?

The missus is out tonight, the kids at a sleep over.........someone is getting drunk tonight, playing Siege and uploading the videos to YouTube!!!!!!!!!!

The missus is out tonight, the kids at a sleep over.........someone is getting drunk tonight, playing Siege and uploading the videos to YouTube!!!!!!!!!!

If you're on PS4, let me know your username and I'll join you.
    I don't teamkill I promise ;)

I might've joined you gimps but I have a dinner and drinks tonight.

I actually ran into another Boardsie on Siege the other night (same username) but I guess he got kind of weirded out when I messaged him :pac:

5th time playing villa tonight!!! The game is broken

5th time playing villa tonight!!! The game is broken

Good games tonight dude; sorry for dragging you down to casual ;)

smokingman wrote:
    Good games tonight dude; sorry for dragging you down to casual

Twas fun but I had a sore head this morning!!! I'll be on again tonight after 10

• Advertisement

Advertisement