Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Maybe I'm using the term wrong. I play with randomers on my own. Is that not solo smurfing?

I deranked down to 400 points at one point because I thought if you deranked enough you got to do the 10 ranking games again which I found out is wrong. But I finished the season Silver 4.
    This season I'm not going near ranked for at least a week til all the trolls are gone and I can get a good run at a decent rank.

smurfing is playing on an alternate account that hasnt been ranked- people use it to get easier matchmaking.

playing on your own is called solo queue. Its near impossible to get a good rank this way unless you're lucky enough to get invited in to teams that are shorthanded.

intentional deranking is toxic for your teammates. plz stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Hereford Base is unrecognizable!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hereford Base is unrecognizable!!!!!

Its massive. Played four ranked games last night in the hope of getting HB but no joy. Tried 2 casual games too but still no joy. Annoying! Ended up creating a custom game to check it out. Its actually like a shooting range in some ways with target figures scattered throughout.

At Para Bellum there was an option to play the new map exclusivelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its massive. Played four ranked games last night in the hope of getting HB but no joy. Tried 2 casual games too but still no joy. Annoying! Ended up creating a custom game to check it out. Its actually like a shooting range in some ways with target figures scattered throughout.

At Para Bellum there was an option to play the new map exclusivelty.

thats there on XB1, well, it was there for me last night anyway - its in the bottom right hand corner of the main screen

thats there on XB1, well, it was there for me last night anyway - its in the bottom right hand corner of the main screen

Weird... I looked and didnt see it yesterday. Arrgh. Will check again tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's actually so different to the original map I'm wondering why they didn't just leave the old one in rotation and push this one as a new map altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Pretty frustrating playing against Maverick now...reinforcements almost not worth putting up

I was using him last night. I made a little hole in a window wooden reinforcement right beside a defender (I didn't know he was there) and he didn't hear a thing!! Got a the kill!

I was using him last night. I made a little hole in a window wooden reinforcement right beside a defender (I didn't know he was there) and he didn't hear a thing!! Got a the kill!

Yeah hes great craic to use and has a stonkingly good gun. The fact he has a claymore makes him even more deadly.

There was a moment yesterday where I cut the bottom right corner of a reinforcement and the defender spotted it and went to the bottom left corner. Well, i opened that too without them hearing - kill.

Clash is only really going to be usefull in teams where everyone is mic'd up and working together. For those teams though, she will be a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I think he's OP at the mo because it's so silent. How are anchors meant to defend a site when they have to keep an eye on the walls and hatches? Sound is so important in this game so it doesn't make sense to me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they'll nerf his gadget to make it louder and they'll take away the claymore.....100%

Just thinking about Maverick on snow mobile garage in chalet........no more bandit tricking. I'd say we'll see a big decline in that location being picked.

Hmm.. i checked just there and there is definitely no option for it on PS4 this season. Bummer.

Jesus! Played another 4 rounds and no Hereford! :(

Ranked in at Gold IV, happy with that!

Have you had any of the issues I had at the ranking stage last season! Teamkilling, trolling etc?

Have you had any of the issues I had at the ranking stage last season! Teamkilling, trolling etc?

Not too bad for the most part. 1 game I had some muppet who was blocking me from reinforcing a wall as he obviously hadnt picked uo the controller. I was knifing at him to get his attention and he one shot killed me.

Another game some clod just shot another player and then me, so I downed him and picked him up again. That was it.

5 games last night, up to Gold III on solo queue. Stilk havent played Hereford Base.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is Hereford definitely in rotation on ranked? Have 8 placements done and no sign on PC either, only played it in casual yet.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is Hereford definitely in rotation on ranked? Have 8 placements done and no sign on PC either, only played it in casual yet.

I dunno, but v. Annoying

You can always try turning off all the other maps in settings I suppose.

• Advertisement

It just showed up on mine tonight (PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Mickeroo wrote: »

On the website they said it's the same maps as last season plus the new hereford but I've played 8 ranked games and still haven't got it.

If you play well in your 10 ranking games but your teams are rubbish do you still get a crap rank?

It just showed up on mine tonight (PS4)

There it is... Finally! Could do without the Union Jack though :pac:
    If you play well in your 10 ranking games but your teams are rubbish do you still get a crap rank?
    Couldn't say i'm afraid. Just bite the bullet already! Oh, and play with honour!

5 matches in....no trolling or tks........only lost 1 game!!!

7 games down, 2 losses. No MVP but decent performance's. 1 of the losses went all the way to 9 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I didn't play much ranked this season until the last few days, when I ran into so many scumbags using the Montagne glitch. We'd usually be winning or be close in a match when they got desperate and decided to cheat.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Kills, deaths and score is totally irrelevant. Not taken into account at all.

If you get 10 kills in every game but you lose every game you will get a crap rank.

The 10 ranking games are a lottery. If you solo queue and get put in with a good team you could get a high rank, even if it's not indicative of your real skill level. Similarly if you get put in with crap players you will get dragged down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Meant to been playing this the last two nights but can't stop playing Firewall Zero Hour instead. No toxicity at all and the "one more go" gameplay is making me think I might switch to it permanently..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 udun

Myself and a group of other Irish lads play quite regularly on Xbox if anyone needs teammates. We are all gold/plat standard but don't mind if anyone is lower rank. Add me on Xbox if you want gt- carnibo

Advertisement