Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

My game sometimes quits to the Xbox homepage when I'm in ranked and it's really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Its like that since launch although its a lot better since then but still happens. I got to say I've seen this is a lot of games not just rb6 siege but its defo more annoying when you need to be there to help your team win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

smokingman wrote: »

finally a defender with what looks like a useful shield

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Her backstory is little iffy... Made her name in the 2011 London Riots? Not exactly Rwanda.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Her backstory is little iffy... Made her name in the 2011 London Riots? Not exactly Rwanda.

Funnily enough, she could be the first counter to Blitz and Montange...by having her own shield.

Not often I get something like this in an alpha pack but I'm a happy camper now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno how many here follow the rainbow 6 youtube scene, but Ubisoft are promoting a line of videos at the minute where they get regular players to take Battle Royal streamers under their wing to learn the game, some really funny stuff there - check out therussianbadger and tuxbird for an idea of it. - be aware that theres lots of yelling but I dont find it as annoying as most youtube stuff.

Not often I get something like this in an alpha pack but I'm a happy camper now!

That is horrific!

I dunno how many here follow the rainbow 6 youtube scene, but Ubisoft are promoting a line of videos at the minute where they get regular players to take Battle Royal streamers under their wing to learn the game, some really funny stuff there - check out therussianbadger and tuxbird for an idea of it. - be aware that theres lots of yelling but I dont find it as annoying as most youtube stuff.

Jasus, drop an aul link willa!

• Advertisement

Jasus, drop an aul link willa!

That is horrific!

I think I prefer it to my last favourite alpha pack win..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

So he's just going go cut little holes in reinforcements....... Super!

dreamers75 wrote: »

Have to say that looks both useless and annoying. Cool name though, despite the fact it doesn't seem to be representative of the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have to say that looks both useless and annoying. Cool name though, despite the fact it doesn't seem to be representative of the character.

Tbh depends on how fast it is, it could be very, very useful if its fast. If its slow its kinda useless.

Its bascially Mira for the attackers and for example he opens a hole on Hereford at Dining Room, anyone with a scope can control the most important part of the room from above or ground height.

Also sometimes just using a special can force players to react and move, so an open hole in many steel walled places puts the defender into a position where they have to move or cover it.

Suppose we will see, its really gonna depend on what Assault rifle he gets to determine if he is useful and picked :D:D:D

They need to fix a lot of the game mechanics, this is not news but the thing that annoys me the most at the minute is how unrealistic the gun fire sound is of people shooting at you.

A gun makes a considerable amount of noise when it's fired and can be heard over a great distance. Anyone who has ever heard a gunshot would have reacted by ducking or moving some what. This leads me to my specific gripe.

I was peeking an angle and received a one shot head shot.......'good shot' I thought, 'well deserved'.......that was until I saw the kill cam. The chap missed at least 8 shots before the kill shot but I heard nothing. He hit the wall beside me and a few flew by my head!!!! In real life if a bullet whizzes by your head you know about it. Had the noises been realistic I would have moved before the kill shot.

khaldrogo wrote: »
    They need to fix a lot of the game mechanics, this is not news but the thing that annoys me the most at the minute is how unrealistic the gun fire sound is of people shooting at you.

A gun makes a considerable amount of noise when it's fired and can be heard over a great distance. Anyone who has ever heard a gunshot would have reacted by ducking or moving some what. This leads me to my specific gripe.

I was peeking an angle and received a one shot head shot.......'good shot' I thought, 'well deserved'.......that was until I saw the kill cam. The chap missed at least 8 shots before the kill shot but I heard nothing. He hit the wall beside me and a few flew by my head!!!! In real life if a bullet whizzes by your head you know about it. Had the noises been realistic I would have moved before the kill shot.
    I'd say that's more a problem with server desync than anything else. It's bad lately, plenty of times you'll be killed by an unseen enemy that you should have been plainly able to see when watching the killcam

Just unlocked Hibana earlier in the week and I read this morning that she may be nerfed (her gadget won't blow up wooden boarding but just make a hole instead)...

Grrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just unlocked Hibana earlier in the week and I read this morning that she may be nerfed (her gadget won't blow up wooden boarding but just make a hole instead)...

Grrrrrrr.

I can't see how that would effect anyone to be honest. I'd go mental if I seen a Hibana using her gadget to open a wooden boarding.

• Advertisement

I like the idea of Maverick if I'm honest, though he has competition in Hibana who I would often use in a similar fashion (i.e. I would not use all three to open a doorway, but various holes where I can control a different spaces from a distance).

Should be interesting to see.

Anyone who uses Hibanas kairos to make a hole or destroy a wooden barricade should be shot with balls of their own shiite

Seems I was wrong. It's hatch reinforcements that are likely to not be completely destructible by Hibanas gadget

There's a video leak already this morning showing game play. Think I might unlock Maverick first.

The new Hereford Base look's deadly too. There's two staircases now so no more fighting for the one thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Maverick looks nice, doesnt have the fuel to cut tons of holes in walls for breaching and has to be very close while cutting. So Hibana has the ranged activation and multiple breaches in her favour. But I guess Mav can cut holes in electrified walls or near Mute jammers.

I think both of these are very solid new operators. Definitely going to shake up gameplay. Ive a feeling Maverick may turn out to be mega op, going to be lots of time spent getting murdered in positions that reinforcements would previously have made safe

I had a feeling Maverick would be a strong operator and he is. Will hold off buying him, as he is going to be nerfed into oblivion as usual. Even his M4 looks to be a solid weapon, seen some footage and the recoil was similar to that of Jager's rifle. Not as mad into Clash, seems too limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Corvo wrote: »
    I had a feeling Maverick would be a strong operator and he is. Will hold off buying him, as he is going to be nerfed into oblivion as usual. Even his M4 looks to be a solid weapon, seen some footage and the recoil was similar to that of Jager's rifle. Not as mad into Clash, seems too limited.

Clash is going to be like the other shield operators. She'll be an acquired taste. I can't play them at all. I'm useless with them but I have friends who are amazing with them. I think it'll be the same with clash. Some people will adapt to her and be amazing, the rest of us will completely avoid playing her because we'll be useless.

Advertisement