Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

German league team is where I've done my best work this season, so to get this first try was nice :)

d8dZf8Q.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    German league team is where I've done my best work this season, so to get this first try was nice :)

d8dZf8Q.jpg?1

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

d8dZf8Q.jpg?1

Your can let us know if the card is worth the hassle of doing now :P

Your can let us know if the card is worth the hassle of doing now :P

Looking at Futhead, his stats don't look amazing. He looks on par with Bellarabi who I use regularly. Only played one game so far and he didn't set the world alight, but will play a few more games and see what he is like.

I suppose he is basically a trophy to parade round though, in a "aren't I great, I have a card you can't get" way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

This game is driving me nuts...I switched to a bundesliga team and had IF 92 Lewandowski and IF 84 Kawaga along with Robben, Reus and the usual gang.
    Played 9 games with them and dropped 2 divisions. Lewandowski was playing like Christy Brown and hadn't scored in any game. The whole idea of handicapping good teams against bad is ridiculous and makes the whole point of collecting such cards moot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Blazer wrote: »
    This game is driving me nuts...I switched to a bundesliga team and had IF 92 Lewandowski and IF 84 Kawaga along with Robben, Reus and the usual gang.
    Played 9 games with them and dropped 2 divisions. Lewandowski was playing like Christy Brown and hadn't scored in any game. The whole idea of handicapping good teams against bad is ridiculous and makes the whole point of collecting such cards moot.

Went through the same with my ligue 1 team. Started using my Brazil team got to division 2 tried using my ligue 1 team again and cant buy a win with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Finally back in division 1 after storming through division 2 with a 7-0-1 record, happy days.

Switched my Serie A outfit from flat 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 and it's a much more dangerous side now.

So while I was flogging my bundesliga players I bought an Argentinian team for the bones of 20k including Higuain, Di Maria and Tevez, Ottamendi, Rojo and Hart as keeper.
    Won my first game in over 10 games so decided to start thinkering with it.
    Bought a Spanish backline and was still stuck for a CAM in the 4-2-2-2 formation.
    Had 400k left over from sale of players and thought Perirya was a bit weak in the cam role so decided on a legend. Bought Hagi and Aguero with my last 450k and voila..hockeying teams once more..Hagi has scored 3 screamers in his first three games and Tevez is 7 for 6.

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/13447387/

So while I was flogging my bundesliga players I bought an Argentinian team for the bones of 20k including Higuain, Di Maria and Tevez.
    Won my first game in over 10 games so decided to start thinkering with it.
    Bought a Spanish backline and was still stck for a CAM in the 4-2-2-2 formation.
    Had 400k left over from sale of players and thought Perirya was a bit weak in the cam role so decided on a legend. Bought Hagi and Aguero with my last 450k and voila..hockeying teams once more..Hagi has scored 3 screamers in his first three games and Tevez is 7 for 6.

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/13447387/

I wish we had legends on PS4. I didnt realise they were multi leagues, thats pretty cool

astonaidan wrote: »
    I wish we had legends on PS4. I didnt realise they were multi leagues, thats pretty cool

Yeh its a big loss to the game. The amount of variant in hybrid teams with legends would be excellent

• Advertisement

yeah its only since this year..before the majority were pointless since they needed to be the same country but now all legends have perfect chemistry with other players and vica versa

yeah its only since this year..before the majority were pointless since they needed to be the same country but now all legends have perfect chemistry with other players and vica versa

The problems you have trying build a squad around George weah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Me too...but I think Xbox have a contract with them until 2020 or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

A bit of a stupid question but is this handicap thing in matches actually a real thing or is it what people believe?

I've heard from some people it's true but I'm a bit sceptical myself.

Doyler92 wrote: »
    A bit of a stupid question but is this handicap thing in matches actually a real thing or is it what people believe?

In all honesty I don't know some people are convinced of it but I now have a squad of ronaldo and messi up front and I am easily holding division one and two and both are on only 7chemistry.

I do play alot of games against weak teams and sometimes they do play me off the park but its mostly players using glitches to win like players on edge of box for corners or long shots from out of box.

jayo26 wrote: »
    In all honesty I don't know some people are convinced of it but I now have a squad of ronaldo and messi up front and I am easily holding division one and two and both are on only 7chemistry.

I do play alot of games against weak teams and sometimes they do play me off the park but its mostly players using glitches to win like players on edge of box for corners or long shots from out of box.

I hate the guys who do the corners to the edge of the box, like Ive found a way to neutralise them but its still annoying

I hate the guys who do the corners to the edge of the box, like Ive found a way to neutralise them but its still annoying

I dont see you can? Yeh i send a player out and if they pass it out straight away from corner its covered but If the ball is head out from the Sox yard box they alway ways have a clear shot.

Doyler92 wrote: »

I think it's well proven in Fifa at this stage..I'd hesitate to call it handicapping or scripting but its well proven that a fairly basic team can more than hold their own against a much more powerful team.
    In my instance I had an excellent la liga team but as soon as I added IF Casillas their passing, defending all turned to crap. I switched to a German IF team and my 92 Lewandowski couldn't score in a whorehouse. It was only when I switched back to a non-IF basic argentinian team did I start winning again.
    Some people on reddit have claimed that the slider settings for passing, shooting etc all get turned down when you have a much superior team than your opposition thus giving him a chance to compete.
    Its basically EA ensuring that the casual player always has a chance to win and if he wins he wonders how well could he do with a better team and so buys some packs. This is basically EA's end goal...more players buying packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Does what manager you have have any Bareing on how your team performs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Does what manager you have have any Bareing on how your team performs

he'll give your players a 1 chem boost, if they need it

other than that, no other use

• Advertisement

some are +1 to +3% for contract extensions as well .. but apart from that nothing else

some are +1 to +3% for contract extensions as well .. but apart from that nothing else

Contracts are so cheap it's barely worth your while now

I remember in fut 13 a regular contract was 300-400, and a rare one was 600-800

With regards to stuff like that fut is much better these days

Contracts are so cheap it's barely worth your while now

I remember in fut 13 a regular contract was 300-400, and a rare one was 600-800

With regards to stuff like that fut is much better these days

yeah I remember the first few years of fut I would scrounging for contracts and having to drop players until I could afford to buy one for them. The last few fifa's I've had hundreds of contracts left over by the time the new version came out..,

yeah I remember the first few years of fut I would scrounging for contracts and having to drop players until I could afford to buy one for them. The last few fifa's I've had hundreds of contracts left over by the time the new version came out..,

I was mad into draft when the game first came out, always kept the contracts so never needed to buy any

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

I got FIFA only 3 weeks ago , amassed around 100 games on UT and I'm close to 4 points off Division 1 with 4 games left. I must say I'm enjoying it much more this year, I built a team using nothing but coins from winning games and stayed away from packs.

Best I've done is div 3 where I am now,last time I needed 1pt from last 2 games to get to div 2, but lost both

Is it suicide looking at a Serie A team right now? I imagine some prices will drop once their TOTS comes out, but it's a week and a half off. When will the prices start dropping?

Is it suicide looking at a Serie A team right now? I imagine some prices will drop once their TOTS comes out, but it's a week and a half off. When will the prices start dropping?

The likes of the in form cards will drop when the tots comes along also there is two tots that week so people be buying packs all over.

What are tots?

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What are tots?

Team of the season cards the lovely blue ones.

Advertisement