Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felix 'PewDiePie' Kjellberg has become the 1st YouTube user to exceed 10billion views

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Jon Stark wrote: »
    No skill really. Charisma combined with good looks .

No, I think it's more than that.

It starts off with enthusiasm, a touch of Xfactor... but to maintain it and achieve that level of popularity, you need acting skills, there are probably many hours of preparation (as in, sussing out what'll make a good video, where you're going to go, what you're going to do, game responses...), some scripting, and then delivery with improvisation too. And then on top of that the whole processing and editing business.

I have one of these jobs where preparation is everything, and not necessarily something that is visible at time of delivery.
    Maybe I should try out Youtube :)

Advertisement