Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felix 'PewDiePie' Kjellberg has become the 1st YouTube user to exceed 10billion views

Options
  • 10-09-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Seriously. What the hell is wrong?

I mean is it me? Am I just not getting what the youth kids are into anymore? Am I not cool enough anymore? And surely it has to be kids that are doing this. Kids, kids... that means 4-12.

All he does is just play videogames and shout at them, that's the whole thing. Sometimes he's a bit funny, it's not any more or less funny than people everywhere. What has this world come to? It's just ridiculous. Such a waste of time.

And while I'm at it, does anyone actually like or watch Gangnam style? It's such garbage. Now I'm not expecting some grand profound artistry, but most of the top 10 every week are better than that crap. Blurred Lines, or Bad Romance... they're interesting, well-produced and you can see why people like them. How could anyone like Gangnam style, there's NOTHING in it?

Who and where are these people?

Do you like Pewdiepie? 163 votes

I'm obsessed with him.
    0% 0 votes
    I'm subscribed.
    1% 3 votes
    He's okay, I watch his videos sometimes.
    6% 11 votes
    I'm not very interested.
    14% 23 votes
    I'm not interested.
    16% 27 votes
    Pewdie who now?
    60% 99 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

Look at our own jacksepticeye is pretty big aswell with 4 or 5 million subs and he does the same..shouting at games and making a fortune at it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Don't knock youtube personalities who play games, that was Jimmy Kimmel's mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Me thinks this is an excuse to get YT clicks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Go on ya good thing!

Weuh wueh wueh weuh

Neh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Seriously. What the hell is wrong?

You've allowed something as pointless as "how many youtube views somebody has got" to grind your gears.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't get the whole youtube thing myself, but my kids are mad into it.

The parents whoring their kids out to promote toys/games in the hope that they will get something free are pathetic, but the adults who do it come across as the Jimmy Savilles of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

It's akin to the amount of ferocious insults Bieber got: there's a product aimed at certain people (in both cases, very young people) being viewed by an adult or just someone outside of their demographic. He's obviously good at what he does and he entertains millions, so he deserves it as far as I can see. I would never be able to sit through one of his videos myself all the same, but I would also be willing to bet he puts an awful lot of work into what he does and in doing so he has become the equivalent of a daily television program by entertaining those that love him. As well, he's more accessible than telly characters because he's a real person who can see his fans messages through Twitter etc, so I'd say that adds to the idolatry. Fair play to the cúnt all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Dunno who be is, but its a perfect name for a mass murderer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wang King wrote: »
    Dunno who be is

He plays games and provides a running commentary.

It is what it is, but he does it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

All I know is that Cian Twomey is an unfunny twat and a one trick pony. I know it's not what this thread is about but dear god he's insufferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Omackeral wrote:
    All I know is that Cian Twomey is an unfunny twat and a one trick pony. I know it's not what this thread is about but dear god he's insufferable.

He's a Wanker. Had to block his ****e off the oul newsfeed

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭neenam

PooDiePie has got nothing on Nerd³

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Old Pewds is the tip of the iceberg. A young lad popped up on my YT recommended videos lately who has just bought a Lamborghini off the back of opening FIFA packs and having what looks to be a mental breakdown in the process. One crazy world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Genuinely never heard of this guy and I live on YouTube, have done since it opened it's doors but I suspect that's because I'm not a gamer (other than the playing of old classic games occasionally that is). As for the act itself of watching other people play games online and if that is dumb or not, I think not, as I get it. Simply because I grew up in the late 80's early 90s when arcades were the thing and when one of us was going for a high score, or a whenever a new game came in, we'd all gather around and watch each other play, even if we hadn't any cash to play ourselves. In fact, people used to come for miles to see me play Out Run, as they couldn't believe someone could play it as much as I did but yet couldn't manage to get to Level 3.

Passing Breeze shall be played at my funeral.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Agricola wrote: »
    Old Pewds is the tip of the iceberg. A young lad popped up on my YT recommended videos lately who has just bought a Lamborghini off the back of opening FIFA packs and having what looks to be a mental breakdown in the process. One crazy world.
    That is absolutely ridiculous. That lad you describe, gets paid that much for doing something a two-year old child could, and would, do.

What the hell is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i never heard of him until he was on south park last year. which gives a good excuse for this video... about a week after the allegations about bill cosby were in the news, south park had him trying to get taylor swift drunk while he tried to fondle her. brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Omackeral wrote: »

He's as funny as a turnip and looks like one too.
    I'm sure RTE will give him his own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

I think he's the most unfunny thing on the internet, i don't get the appeal of a man screaming at a screen for 10 minutes. God help children who find that entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Never heard of any of these losers.

Think that means I'm super cool but can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

Errrr can I change my vote of Pie who now to yep, know him. This earache was in my house for weeks and I couldnt get rid of the pesky little fecker!! He NEVER shuts ups!!

How do kids manage to find the most annoying ****e!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Genuinely never heard of this guy and I live on YouTube, have done since it opened it's door, but I suspect that's because I'm not a gamer, other than the playing of old classic games occasionally that is.

I'm gonna call bs on that.

If you 'live on youtube' you most definitely have stumbled your way on to one of his videos at some stage. I don't watch gaming channels at all, but there's no way you've never heard of a guy with almost 40m subs (the most on yt) if you're on yt a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Looks like I've been rumbled. Crap. Was worth a shot I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Have no idea what's going on here, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

My only experience of this guy was on South Park. He looks like an annoying ****er buy hey people seem to like him so more power to him. I will continue my life without watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Never heard of the guy. As a person who remembers when the TV told you to go to bed not long after midnight, before shutting down, I just think the democratisation of viewing interests and entertainment is the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wouldn't be my cup of tea but I admire anyone who managed to become a millionaire by recording themselves playing video games.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea but I admire anyone who managed to become a millionaire by recording themselves playing video games.

I wonder if the millionaires that worked their asses off day and night for years on end to the exclusion of even their spouse and children would agree.

Edit: make that multimillionaires, there are plenty of millionaires who just got rich by sheer pot luck of buying a house in the right place at the right time, so even less effort expended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sudance wrote: »
    I wonder if the millionaires that worked their asses off day and night for years on end to the exclusion of even their spouse and children would agree.

If they do that at the expense of their own family then that's their loss. I don't see why their opinion is more valid than anyone elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Don't watch him because he's so fake.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    If they do that at the expense of their own family then that's their loss. I don't see why their opinion is more valid than anyone elses.

I didn't say their opinion was any more valid. I just wondered, that's all.

And since you brought it up, how does one validate something as arbitrary as an opinion?

Advertisement