Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm not a fan of Joanne McNally either but I think this might suit her. Sophie Willan is the one that I'm not interested in. Don't like her at all.

I saw John Robins on something recently and was thinking "Why hasn't he done Taskmaster?". He has now! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

John Robins has been pushing for a long time tbh I think he is friends with Alex. Mentioned it a lot on his radio show in a passive aggressive jokey manner.

I find Joanne McNally incredibly annoying but who knows. I love Sophie Willan have you watched Alma's not normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭taratee

Meh on Joanne also but Nick Mohammed has the potential to be brilliant on this. Can't wait to see him. Enjoyed the show last night. Thought Dara and Sophie were excellent. Kinda relieved Mae couldn't make it. Kiell was a better fit.

I think I watched two episodes of Alma's Not Normal before deciding it wasn't for me. I've seen her being interviewed and on something else too.(ETA: As Yet Untitled).

Who knows? Maybe she'll be great! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

To be fair, an empty chair would have been more entertaining than Mae Martin.

• Advertisement

Series 17 starts on March 28th at 9pm on Channel 4. 

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

https://youtube.com/u3WVJ5HljVc

Post edited by Basq on

Greg Davies playing three nights in Vicar Street in October 2025. Presale for the Friday and Saturday sold out in an hour. Rest of tickets on sale on Thursday. 

Post edited by Exclamation Marc on

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭xeresod

Plenty left for all dates when I bought my tickets an hour ago

They sold out earlier and then released more later in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Very fecking expensive for a stand up. 133 for two tickets, slightly disappointed with Greg for having such high prices(still going so I can't really moan if I'm willing to pay it) .

New series starting in less than half an hour klaxon!

That first task.. am convinced that's been done before..

EDIT: First series.. close enough to it..

https://youtu.be/FjOZ4vkftmY?si=OYY3yTsmo8bDEa4B

As expected - enjoying all contestants bar McNally, though Mohammed is incredibly awkward when he's not being "Nate The Great" or "Mr Swallows".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

God almighty I think this episode is absolutely crap, I haven't even cracked a smile once never mind laugh!

That was one of the worst episodes ever, every task was quite poor. Hopefully it'll get better.

Quite a poor episode.

I hope it's not going to be one of those seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I like the cast this year in other things...with one big exception...Joanne McNally...how does anyone listen to her screeching on with that bizarre put on accent not to mention that botched face! I can't believe people would pay money to see her live.

Unlike most of the posters on here I enjoyed episode 1. It takes time to build up.

Nick Mohammed is adorable (loved his off menu), Johnny JR love him on radio he was grand a bit nervous, Sophie Willan will be excellent value I predict, Steve Pemberton was fine (is he really a comedian though? Or a comedy actor?)

Agreed on McNally. Her voice and her demeanour are insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

episode was grand. McNally definitely a try hard. Rest of them seem good craic and into it in the right way

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I didn't mind the episode. The tasks themselves weren't great, which can often be the death of a series with good contestants, but as first episodes go I didn't think it was bad enough to be worried about the rest of the series yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just watched the first episode. I liked the prize task, rest of it was pretty meh.

Not really getting the anti McNally vibe, she was no worse than anyone else and better than a couple of them.

I said previously that I wasn't a Joanne McNally fan but thought she might do okay in this. I still think that, even though the first episode wasn't exactly amazing..for anyone. She was still okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

First episode was OK, had me laughing in a few places. I only really know Steve Pemberton from this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Average Taskmaster is still decent telly

That's fair. We're probably a bit spoiled with the amount of seasons that have been stonecold classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

were earliest taskers more ambitious

Decent episode. Woeful live task, possibly one of the worst.

Better than last week but still quite dull. Theres not really much of a dynamic between the contestants yet. But that could be just how it'w being edited though.

Live task was quite unfair for the team of 2

I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding contestants.

There's zero banter between contestants in studio - no slagging of each other or interjecting with funny remarks or comments. They all seem very clinical and polite.

• Advertisement

Decent enough episode. Terrible live task again and they could do with retiring those Go-Pros for a while.

Thought Joanne was quite funny tonight, finding Nick quite dull though

Advertisement