Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lucy Beaumont and Sam Campbell starting a podcast together

On the one hand, they were the two funniest on the last series of Taskmaster. On the other hand, it could be the hardest thing to listen to for more than 10 minutes at a time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sam Campbell just announced as support for David O'Doherty's gigs in Vicar Street at the start of January.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I really enjoyed the abandoned airport location in that series!

Interesting one, Kiell Smith-Bynoe replacing Mae Martin in the next Champion of Champions

Presumably a scheduling conflict meant Mae couldn't do it or something. No complaints from me anyway.

Edit: From Chortle

"Series 15 champ Martin said: ‘I am absolutely fuming at the fact that I am unable to participate in Taskmaster's Champion of Champions. I would love nothing more than to fight for the title of ultimate champion, and spend another week of my life being ridiculed by Greg. 

‘I am, however, confident in the choice to send Kiell to fight on my behalf. He is an agile and profoundly competitive young man, and also much much cooler and funnier than me, so we should have it in the bag. I have sent some surprises so that my presence is felt. Good luck Kiell, I am holding my breath from the U.S. and rooting for you.'

Smith Bynoe added: ‘As if it wasn’t enough pressure representing the whole of black Britain in series 15 now I have to represent the entire nation of Canada in Champion of Champions. I’ve never even been. I didn’t even win my series. 

‘Look, I’ll try all right…"

Post edited by Penn on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Will make the show so much better. Mae is a cure for insomnia.

Picked up tickets last night for Fern Brady whos playing Vicar Street next September. Her last gig was brilliant so would highly recommend catching her if you liked her on Taskmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Maybe the most boring, but Iain Stirling and Kerry Godliman were much more annoying and unwatchable in otherwise decent series

Champion of Champions 3 is set to air on Sunday January 14th,2024.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

New Years non-comedian episode tonight.

Deborah Meaden Kojey Radical Lenny Rush Steve Backshall Zoe Ball

Hopeful rather than optimistic - I suspect Greg and Alex will have to do a lot of the heavy lifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lenny Rush is an entertaining lad.. the rest, meh!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Only seen little bits of him and found him pretty irritating. Agree on the rest being meh, I have low expectations for this episode.

I enjoyed it. Deborah Meaden was actually great. The others were fine, nothing spectacular. It wasn't the best New Year's Treat episode, but it was decent enough.

I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Pretty good tasks for a one-off episode and the studio task was one of the better ones in the last few years.

Not long to wait til Champion of Champions thankfully.

Kojey was the best of them I thought.. seemed like a proper fan of the show!

Similar to Self Esteem last year.

Post edited by Basq on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kojey was good, liked his vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought new episode was good.

Lenny and Kojey great fun, I like Deborah as well she has comic timing too, Steve and Zoe grand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Thought it was really good! Tasks were of a good quality and all the contestants delivered i thought. Best non-comedian one that i can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Agree with the consensus. Great effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

very meh

Fantastic Champion of Champions episode. I really enjoyed it for a one-off.

Next season's line-up looks interesting.

Joanne McNally, Nick. Mohammed, John Robins, Steve Pemberton and Sophie Willan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Champions of Champions 3 was excellent. Great tasks, varied contestants. Really great. Ridiculous Dara got so many points with his rubber bands though, christ that was a poor showing from him.

Lineup for next series also announced:

Joanne McNally

John Robbins

Nick Mohammed (f*ck yeah!)

Sophie Willan

Steve Pemberton

Not a fan of McNally personally but the rest of all great.

The lineup leaked a few weeks ago on Reddit - even Mohammed accidentally tweeted his involvement after New Year special, but deleted shortly just posting this as a response:

https://twitter.com/nickmohammed/status/1742313846050546047

Post edited by Basq on

Mmmm agreed, I'm really not a fan of McNally at all either. John Robins should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bosh

Indeed. Anyone who watched Bad Golf with Alex and John knows he's been planting this seed for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That is a terrific lineup bar Joanne McNally...

Sophie Willan is absolutely brilliant love love love Alma's not normal.

John Robins, overdue he has been angling for it for long enough lol. Love him on the radio.

Nick Mohammed is excellent love Mr Swallow.

Steve Pemberton should also be good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sarah Kendall was quite forgettable but the other 4 were very good. Delighted Dara won though.

Bit surprised by Nick Mohammed's announcement, thought he'd be busy with other stuff after Ted Lasso

Advertisement