Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sam Campbell is playing The Sugar Club Dublin in February if anyone is interested.

He's as mad as a bag of cats live but puts on a fantastic show (Best Show at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2022). I'd warn though that it's not your typical stand up. But still brilliant!

Lucy Beaumont is also playing Vicar Street next month which I think is overly ambitious at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I wouldn’t pay to see any of them live myself, but most of them have been good so far. Clary’s disdain is starting to grate already but the other 4 have all had their moments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Very good live task, art task was good too. Rest of it wasn't great, they're not showing much interaction between the contestants in the studio, that's what makes the better seasons stand out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭griffin100

I’m enjoying this series, much better than the last one. Sam Campbell is the new Fern Brady :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Series has been okay so far. The tasks have generally been okay. Sam and Lucy are really saving it in terms of contestants and particularly in the studio sections, even though if Lucy is any way like that in real life she'd be completely insufferable to talk to. Really liking Sue Perkins too, she seems to be having a lot of fun with it and it shows.

Julian Carey has been disappointing. The odd good line or idea but has added very little overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Best episode of the series so far for me. All the tasks were pretty good. Thought they could have had a few different tasks in the team task though rather than the multiple "shake hands" Sam and Sue's pictures were very good, no idea how they managed them.

Quite like Julian, acerbic wit and interactions with Alex are funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

tasks are often poor

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Googly eye task could be one of the most pointless ones..

Kinda getting annoyed at the whole "secret task" thing. Would have been better as a montage in one of the episodes, or the final episode. It's a lot of hype and buildup for something thatI really fear won't be worth it.

Unless Lucy found the task and it's "Do as absolutely sh*t in all the tasks as possible". I mean she's funny, but it can feel like she's trying to do as badly as possible.

She might be. After all it’s a comedy show and not a competition. Enjoyed tonight’s show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My favourite moment came from Sam (again) saying to Greg "You're gonna get letters for saying that!", followed cheerily with "Hope you like anthrax!".😂

Sam is quickly becoming one of the all time greats. "Are you a child of divorce?" absolutely floored me.

I though that was ok task, its was the contestants who were poor. Look at the balloon bursting task, a typical task but only one person, Sue, tried to ge t any distance, although the weather may have played a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

This thread really shows how different people are and that you cant suit everyone.

I like Julians utter distain for the whole thing whereas I cannot stand Sam's sense of humour at all.

But I still enjoy it week on week, its a bit of nonsense and I dont get too bogged down in the details

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dislikes..."negative gearing"

He is very random really like him and Lucy.

Fun series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

The robot task is the worst task I've ever seen. The ehole episode was pretty bad apart from the live task, which was very good

The prize task was appalling and the robot task was absolutely dreadful and arguably that was the worst half of an episode in TM history.

The Heads Shoulders Knees and Toes task and team task were bearable. And the studio task was great.

Have to say though that it was the cast that made this episode entertaining and they had a lot to do given how poor the tasks were on the whole. With a worse line-up, that had worst episode ever written all over it.

they should nick more tasks from the franchise shows, they know whether they work or not

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Live task this week was very fun! Lucy and Sam are really making this season.

I'm guessing the robot task was a tiebreak task that they decided to use as a full task.

The live tasks this season have been excellent so far

not on till 10 today

Enjoyed this week's episode a lot. The cast this year really are so good both individually and together.

Can't believe how fast this season has flown by.

Very good episode tonight, they're a very likeable group, Greg was on great form too. The switch task was good but not a fan of the way they got disqualified, makes the whole thing anticlimactic

Post edited by siblers on

Yeah that was a bit unfair. Maybe it would have been better if pressing the switch halved the number of tees you balanced.

A strong enough episode though. The discussion about Alex having cosmetic works or botox done was terrific, and Sam, Lucy and Sue were as great as ever.

F*cking stop talking about the secret task though! We get it, it's not going to be shown until the final episode at this stage, which means any time they mention it in these episodes it's just an immediate distraction with no payoff.

Yeah the 'Dont Press' button was a let down. They could have had so much fun with what it did rather and have some outlandish event happen than just disqualifying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Tonight's episode was a brilliant watch, just so funny watching them all do the tasks.

Would have liked if there was some way they could have figured out what each switch did, rather than just having them flick switches randomly. Even if the Don't switch lit up the same screen under the table but instead of Disqualified it said what each switch did.

It's always great when there's a secret way to easily beat the task and reveal none of them found it. Still always get a laugh with Jon Richardson's "I just thought it was a boat called 'Under the table'"

• Advertisement

The secret task is revealed next week

For the NZ one, it was to attempt a task soaking wet. Only one contestant found it and it didn’t show them being asked about it. Seemed to be a genuine reveal when they found it

Advertisement