Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Teggers I know, so typical. I think this baby is playing with me, they squirm around a lot and as soon as I call my husband over to feel they stop!

Fingers crossed you get good news. The iron thing is a pain, luckily mine are teetering on the edge of low normal with pregnacare, I have been eating a lot of Spinach and Kale which might be helping.

My 28 week scan is next Tuesday. I think then after that I will have a 32 week scan and every 2 weeks from there on in. Will feel so surreal when the weekly countdown is into single digits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Kathy22 great about the movement. Maybe baby has turned head down? Be great if so!
    I had a scan yesterday - was home in Ireland for month's mind (tough, sad weekend) and as I was there Sat, Sun + Mon said I might as well squeeze in an ol antenatal appointment so I went for a scan and I also went to the GP.

I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. Scan was all good and baby is head down! I couldn't believe it. Was convinced she was breech, not sure why (maybe coz I'm in a glass half empty frame of mind these days!) be great now if she stays that way, fingers x'd.

Maybe the combination of anterior placenta and breech was bad for feeling movement Kathy but now (if it has gone head down) the legs being up towards the ribs means you can feel the kicks more? In any case whatever the reason it's great you're feeling more movement!

I went to GP as well and she gave me the whooping cough vaccine which you can get from approx 28 weeks on I think. I had to pay for it which I was surprised by, have heard people talking about it but Always assumed it was free. It's actually the 3-in-1 (whooping cough, diphteria & tetanus) and we don't need the dipteria & tetanus part but that's the only vaccine available for whooping cough, they don't do one for whooping cough alone. My arm hurts today now but she warned me that would be the case.

Wuffly going to a physio for the pelvic pain doesn't need to involve the GP does it? I don't even mention it to my obstetrican or GP, it's purely something I get treatment for separately myself. GPs/Obstetricans can do nothing for it anyway. Or is it a case that with the health system in Dubai you need referral from doctor to see a physio? I went for physio last week and again today. I actually noticed an improvment during the week which is unbelievable as usually there's nothing can be done for SPD, but this physio is excellent. She's doing physio massage on the top of my inner thighs (apparently the muscles here are tight and are pulling on my pubic bone, exacerbating the problem) I really noticed an improvement in the pain levels and the things I coudl do this week after she worked on those muscles last week, plus following all her advice (some of which I knew before but she gave me some new stuff). And the stretches she has me doing every day as well. She gave me a new one this week - I'm to draw my lower belly in before lifting my daughter and before turning in bed. This will stabilise my pelvis which will help to protect it during those actions.

I toss and turn from left to right all night, with the pregnancy pillow (long rectangular Lidl one) between my knees but she told me this is bad for the SPD, I'm to take the pillow out, put my knees together, draw in my lower belly, TURN, and then put the pillow back between my knees. Finding it hard to break the habit of turning with the pillow between my knees I have to say!

She told me to get dressed like ''an old woman '' as well. Sit down to put the pants on/off, sit down to put socks on/off, sit down to put shoes on/off. I find remembering that phrase ''like an old woman'' helps me to remember to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Kathy that's great that you are getting loads movement! hopefully hubby will get to feel some proper kicks now that you are feeling them more.

Starting to think baby has changed position in the last few days got some harsh kicks to my ribs last night on the sofa, then they were going mad during the night for a few hours. The beginning of the end for my full nights sleep I guess.

Lucuma, hope you're doing ok, sounds like you are having a rough time at the moment. Glad your little one is in position, hope she stays put!
    I need a dr's referral to get physio covered on my insurance. I'm definitely doing everything like an old lady so I guess that might be keeping it from getting worse. I find getting dressed the worst. I need to call her about my other results so I will ask if she can give me the referral, worth a try.

I am borderline for the UTI and anemnia, no drugs for me! She just wants me to rest which i haven't a hope of at the moment. My boss seems to have pulled an extra year's annual leave out of his ass and is taking loads of time at the moment. OH has some sort of stomach bug the last few days so I don't really want to be at home with that either!

Hope you're doing ok teggers, how many weeks are you now? Hopefully this little one stays where the are for a good few more weeks.

Not sure if i have anymore scans, she said at 24 weeks there wouldn't be and she used the doppler then and at my 28 week apt.

Glad all the babies are well, hope the mammies are doing ok too!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Thanks wuffly. I'm 27+3 now and all going great so far thank God!
    Last pregnancy the placenta was covering my cervix from 20 weeks at least. And the bleeding started at 24 weeks. At my last scan this time it was low but not as bad as last time so fingers crossed it stays that way for another 12 weeks at least!
    Hoping to meet consultant at next appointment to discuss options. More than likely will be having another section but I'm absolutely fine with that!

Is physio expensive without insurance covering it Wuffly? I'm paying privately for the physio, not too bad it's around 50 euro per appointment.

Teggars sounds like this pregnancy is going way better than the last one so far, thank god! Hopefully it'll stay that way for you. So no official diagnosis of placenta previa this time around so far?

Tried taking the pillow out from between my knees last night before turning around in bed - disaster.
    After waking to wee sometime between 1am and 3am (I don't check) I didn't sleep at all for the rest of the night til alarm clock went off at 7:30 :-(
    normally I'm in a doze while I toss and turn and I drift in and out of dreams, getting snatches of sleep here and there, but having to consciously take the pillow out, then turn, then put the pillow back in each time meant that my conscious mind was fully alert and kept me awake all night. I think I might just go back to turning with the pillow in between my knees. I can live with the SPD as I had it last time, I never got bad enough to need crutches and it disappeared with childbirth, I think I need those dribs and drabs of sleep I was getting more!

• Advertisement

Wuffly make sure to look after yourself, sucks your boss is enjoying extended holidays but if you get sick you should be able to take the time off work! That's a pity there is no more scans but hopefully hearing the heartbeat at each appointment will help. Its kind of weird, is there a scan machine in the room? You would think if there was they would just use it?

Teggers really hope you dont end up with placenta trouble again, sounds very stressful. We are tracking pretty much to the same dates now. Mine have shifted a bit but seem to have settled now at a May 15th due date.

Lucuma sounds like a rough ride for you the last month or so. Hope you have family support and are taking the time you need. I am going to ask my consultant about the whopping cough vaccine at my next appointment but Im guessing he will point me in the direction of my GP. My consultant doesnt really like having general health conversations, mainly just focuses on the baby and majpor concerns. Hope you get some rest, SPD sounds like a bitch!

My baby appeared to move on Saturday but not sure what position they are in now. They are very much leaning on the right hand side of my belly, My stomach looks lobsided like their head is still over to the right. I am feeling movement in and around my belly button now and it is very faint, like little taps. Its in the exact position I lean into my desk so when I press in I feel them squirm about. This I guess is because they are moving behind the placenta, no movement really low which is where they were kicking before so don't know where their legs have moved to. I guess I will wait and see what position they are in at the scan next week! My heartburn is still acting up and I am feeling huge, absolutely terrified of what I will look like in 2 months time!!!

I watched one born every minute for the first time this weekend. Interesting viewing. Definately hope I dont have a big baby going by what I have seen :eek:

Wuffly meant to say are you drinking plenty (as in....gallons) of water? That should help to fend off the kidney infection. During pregnancy I have to drink at least double if not triple what I would normally drink. It helps to bring a large bottle to your desk and refill it at least twice a day so you can keep track of how much you're drinking. It will also be good for the anemia.

Kathy can't believe losec aren't working for you...they are heavy duty! On the last preg I was on losec for the 3rd trim. This time around I'm in 3rd trim but still getting away with the Zantac. I have the losec ready to move onto when required. They take a while to work - losec - I mean it's not instantaneous relief you get from them so you should wash them down with gaviscon. But once they kick in they are supposed to neutralise the acid in your stomach for 24 hours.

I just have indigestion all day every day....burping all day. Lovely for my colleagues I'm sure! Can't wait for all these pregnancy symptoms to be gone and all the new (generally worse) post-labour problems to kick in, at least it'll be a change. A change is as good as a rest haha...yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Lucuma wrote: »
    I went to GP as well and she gave me the whooping cough vaccine which you can get from approx 28 weeks on I think. I had to pay for it which I was surprised by, have heard people talking about it but Always assumed it was free. It's actually the 3-in-1 (whooping cough, diphteria & tetanus) and we don't need the dipteria & tetanus part but that's the only vaccine available for whooping cough, they don't do one for whooping cough alone. My arm hurts today now but she warned me that would be the case.

Wuffly going to a physio for the pelvic pain doesn't need to involve the GP does it? I don't even mention it to my obstetrican or GP, it's purely something I get treatment for separately myself. GPs/Obstetricans can do nothing for it anyway. Or is it a case that with the health system in Dubai you need referral from doctor to see a physio? I went for physio last week and again today. I actually noticed an improvment during the week which is unbelievable as usually there's nothing can be done for SPD, but this physio is excellent. She's doing physio massage on the top of my inner thighs (apparently the muscles here are tight and are pulling on my pubic bone, exacerbating the problem) I really noticed an improvement in the pain levels and the things I coudl do this week after she worked on those muscles last week, plus following all her advice (some of which I knew before but she gave me some new stuff). And the stretches she has me doing every day as well. She gave me a new one this week - I'm to draw my lower belly in before lifting my daughter and before turning in bed. This will stabilise my pelvis which will help to protect it during those actions.

I toss and turn from left to right all night, with the pregnancy pillow (long rectangular Lidl one) between my knees but she told me this is bad for the SPD, I'm to take the pillow out, put my knees together, draw in my lower belly, TURN, and then put the pillow back between my knees. Finding it hard to break the habit of turning with the pillow between my knees I have to say!

She told me to get dressed like ''an old woman '' as well. Sit down to put the pants on/off, sit down to put socks on/off, sit down to put shoes on/off. I find remembering that phrase ''like an old woman'' helps me to remember to do it.

Getting dressed like an old lady is a winner all right. I had chronic SPD on my last pregnancy and found I had to get dressed slowly and with deliberate care just like an elderly person. It did help though. I started doing it very early on in this pregnancy too and whether or not its helped with my SPD I don't know but it hasn't been nearly as bad this time out.
    Tried taking the pillow out from between my knees last night before turning around in bed - disaster.
    After waking to wee sometime between 1am and 3am (I don't check) I didn't sleep at all for the rest of the night til alarm clock went off at 7:30 :-(
    normally I'm in a doze while I toss and turn and I drift in and out of dreams, getting snatches of sleep here and there, but having to consciously take the pillow out, then turn, then put the pillow back in each time meant that my conscious mind was fully alert and kept me awake all night. I think I might just go back to turning with the pillow in between my knees. I can live with the SPD as I had it last time, I never got bad enough to need crutches and it disappeared with childbirth, I think I need those dribs and drabs of sleep I was getting more!

My SPD disappeared as soon as I gave birth last time too which was a big relief. Getting rid of the pillow never worked/ works for me. As I said earlier my SPD isn't as bad this but on the occasions when the pillow disappears during the night I'm very away of my pelvis and pubic bone when I need to turn over.

I read a post on one of these threads from a woman who suggested turning under rather than over and it works well (when I think of it:o).

Wuffly meant to say are you drinking plenty (as in....gallons) of water? That should help to fend off the kidney infection. During pregnancy I have to drink at least double if not triple what I would normally drink. It helps to bring a large bottle to your desk and refill it at least twice a day so you can keep track of how much you're drinking. It will also be good for the anemia.

Kathy can't believe losec aren't working for you...they are heavy duty! On the last preg I was on losec for the 3rd trim. This time around I'm in 3rd trim but still getting away with the Zantac. I have the losec ready to move onto when required. They take a while to work - losec - I mean it's not instantaneous relief you get from them so you should wash them down with gaviscon. But once they kick in they are supposed to neutralise the acid in your stomach for 24 hours.

I just have indigestion all day every day....burping all day. Lovely for my colleagues I'm sure! Can't wait for all these pregnancy symptoms to be gone and all the new (generally worse) post-labour problems to kick in, at least it'll be a change. A change is as good as a rest haha...yeah right!

Yeh I suffer from reflux anyway and was on prescribed Protium 40 mg tablets which were changed to losec when I discovered I was pregnant. I am also on the higher dose of losec so nowhere else really to go. I am nervous about taking losec a lot so went to the chemist on Saturday to see if she would give me Gaviscon as an interim solution for immediate relief and she refused as was afraid to give me additional stuff unless I got the OK from my doctor. I'm trying to look at my diet and limit acid inducing foods. I am a sucker for spicy foods though! I will also say it to my consultant on Tuesday and maybe he can put my mind to rest about using losec.

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Yeh I suffer from reflux anyway and was on prescribed Protium 40 mg tablets which were changed to losec when I discovered I was pregnant. I am also on the higher dose of losec so nowhere else really to go. I am nervous about taking losec a lot so went to the chemist on Saturday to see if she would give me Gaviscon as an interim solution for immediate relief and she refused as was afraid to give me additional stuff unless I got the OK from my doctor. I'm trying to look at my diet and limit acid inducing foods. I am a sucker for spicy foods though! I will also say it to my consultant on Tuesday and maybe he can put my mind to rest about using losec.

Can you not email or text your consultant? I have my cons email and phone number and I rem on last preg I emailed her to ask can I use omeprazole (losec). You shouldn't have to wait til appointments when you're shelling out 3grand for them, you should be able to contact them at any time? I remember texting my cons on the day I went into labour at home and she texted back ''sure come on in and I'll examine you!" then she was texting me while I was in the labour ward as well.
    I have a 600ml bottle of Gaviscon in my desk at work, another next to my bed, another one in the kitchen etc. I was well prepared on this pregnancy so I'll never run out or be left wanting it.

Penny Dreadful, the physio didn't tell me to remove the pillow at night, only to take it out, Turn, then put it back in again (as opposed to turning with it). My problem is insomnia, any glitch in the matrix and I'm awake all night. So the conscious act of taking pillow out, turning, putting pillow back in was enough to keep the conscious mind active and no hope of sleep. Turning under rather than over would require even more conscious thought so that's a no-go as well!

• Advertisement

Can you not email or text your consultant? I have my cons email and phone number and I rem on last preg I emailed her to ask can I use omeprazole (losec). You shouldn't have to wait til appointments when you're shelling out 3grand for them, you should be able to contact them at any time? I remember texting my cons on the day I went into labour at home and she texted back ''sure come on in and I'll examine you!" then she was texting me while I was in the labour ward as well.
    I have a 600ml bottle of Gaviscon in my desk at work, another next to my bed, another one in the kitchen etc. I was well prepared on this pregnancy so I'll never run out or be left wanting it.

Youre quite right Lucuma, I just feel like I'm bothering them with my questions so usually just ring the midwife or Google online. The problem with me is I like to know every piece of detail before I make a decision on things and I end up researching loads to try get answers instead of just asking my consultant. I do however have a big list of questions for my visit on Tuesday and intend on not leaving until I am fully happy with the answers. I'm also going to see if I can meet with a midwife as I feel they will have more practical answers on some things that I want more information on.

Lucuma physio is about 120e-150e here so I'll try for the referral and see how i go. My insurance changes next month as well and they are always slow to renew the group policy, really hoping the cover doesn't change too much.
    Drinking loads of water for the kidney infection my skin is starting to dry up again, don't know where its all going! Tried to drink cranberry juice but its just makes me sick :(

Hope the reflux and indigestion clears up for ye. Thankfully a rennie and I'm grand, just need to keep my portions in check, eating like a horse then feeling horribly full after 5mins.

Wuffly you can get cranberry capsules if you cannot stomach the juice.

I am terrible for eating and drinking too much - need to understand my new limit!!! I have actually gotten sick after drinking a cup of tea followed by a large glass of water. When I go to lie down it seems to just come back up. I just feel so thirsty all the time! I find soup also fills me up loads too.

wuffly wrote: »
    Lucuma physio is about 120e-150e here .

:eek::eek::eek:
    Youre quite right Lucuma, I just feel like I'm bothering them with my questions so usually just ring the midwife or Google online. The problem with me is I like to know every piece of detail before I make a decision on things and I end up researching loads to try get answers instead of just asking my consultant. I do however have a big list of questions for my visit on Tuesday and intend on not leaving until I am fully happy with the answers. I'm also going to see if I can meet with a midwife as I feel they will have more practical answers on some things that I want more information on.

A cons appointment for me: go in give my folder to the reception. Wait. Then get called by midwife (the midwife that works for the cons). She checks urine, blood pressure and has a chat. Takes blood samples if required. Then back to waiting room. Then called in by cons. Have a scan and a chat - prescriptions if required. That's it. Is it not the same for you? My folder gets filled in by both the MW and the cons.
    Drinking loads of water for the kidney infection my skin is starting to dry up again, don't know where its all going!.

It unbelievable how much water making a baby uses up!! Freaky!! I couldn't get over it on my first pregnancy either. Balls about your skin. A few of your probs seem to be caused by the air-con over there (UTIs, dry skin) hardly surprising I suppose if they have it jacked up to the max all the time.

Are you eating red meat and taking a strong iron supplement for the anemia?

Penny Dreadful, the physio didn't tell me to remove the pillow at night, only to take it out, Turn, then put it back in again (as opposed to turning with it). My problem is insomnia, any glitch in the matrix and I'm awake all night. So the conscious act of taking pillow out, turning, putting pillow back in was enough to keep the conscious mind active and no hope of sleep. Turning under rather than over would require even more conscious thought so that's a no-go as well!

That is a lot of messing around to turn over all right. It would require too much thinking and brain power at 03:00.
    This pregnacy I find (granted I'm not as far along as you yet and may yet change my habits) that sleeping with a few pillows behind my head and one under my knees while I am slightly turned on my left is working quite well. I'm not as restless or turning quite so much as I think I did when pregnant the last time.

Lucuma physio is about 120e-150e here so I'll try for the referral and see how i go. My insurance changes next month as well and they are always slow to renew the group policy, really hoping the cover doesn't change too much.
    Drinking loads of water for the kidney infection my skin is starting to dry up again, don't know where its all going! Tried to drink cranberry juice but its just makes me sick :(

Hope the reflux and indigestion clears up for ye. Thankfully a rennie and I'm grand, just need to keep my portions in check, eating like a horse then feeling horribly full after 5mins.

What The actual F:eek: That is an extortionate price to be paying. Where on earth is charging that type of fee. Its easily double what I pay.

What The actual F:eek: That is an extortionate price to be paying. Where on earth is charging that type of fee. Its easily double what I pay.

She's in the middle east Penny D

Penny I'm in Dubai, health care is totally private here, so its quiet expensive if your health insurance doesn't cover it. All companies have to provided health insurance but there's no minimum they have to meet so it can be hit and miss. Should get my referral letter today and get an apt this week hopefully!

Lucuma, not been taking iron supplements not even something like centrum as they normally make me sick, as i usually have high iron, but I'm eating a lot less red meat than usual since I've been pregnant, so just started on them.

Had my first physio session today, went well she did a good bit of work on my back its sooo tight! Need a few sessions before she gives me some exercises, typically i felt grand going in there today! Had my referral letter but its still pay and claim which is a pain 120e per session :eek: at least I get air miles on the credit card! Hopefully reimbursement doesn't take long. Kids are expensive!! lol! Should have been a physio... 120e for 45mins and only works half days!

Wuffly, a lot of people find iron tablets hard on the stomach. I have used Spatone sachets before which are much easier to absorb and don't cause the dreaded constipation. Have my 28 week scan tomorrow, quite excited to see the baby. Going by where I am feeling movement I think they have gone from breech to transverse. We shall see what the doctor says tomorrow. Two new things for me this week, have been getting pins and needles in my legs at night and also swollen feet. Dr Google seems to confirm both are normal and the pins and needles might be restless leg syndrome, fun times. Woke @ 4am this morning with horrible heartburn, a guzzle of water and some Gaviscon sorted it out but I am wrecked tired today. 11 weeks 6 days and counting!!!!

• Advertisement

Janey Wuffly if you're borderline anemic you defo need to be taking an iron supplement! Don't know if spatone is available over there but it's a good option, I went on it for the last few weeks the last pregnancy as my consultant's midwife told me that even though I passed the iron level blood test (although I was borderline apparently) I should build up my iron before the birth (she didn't say why but thinking about it now it's probably coz you lose blood during birth - they're not going to say that to a first time Mum though or you'd run screaming out the door haha)

Kathy don't you just love when the new symptoms hit in the 3rd trimester, lovely! I never had restless leg or swelling of any part of my body but I know it's quite normal. We all get hit with different lovely symptoms......

Wuffly you're so right about kids being expensive. Just the money you spend during pregnancy alone (maternity clothes, yoga, acupuncture, doctors fees, physio, ante-natal or breastfeeding classes, getting ready for baby, hospital bag etc etc) is astronomical. Everything is money money money.

I'm spending way less on no.2 though if that's any consolation. Although I have treated myself to far too many new maternity clothes to cheer myself up in the last 2 weeks - my husband doesnt'realise how much I've spent and he'd go mad if he did! Retail therapy city Arizona. Plus I find the clothes don't really last for 2 pregnancies. Well the jeans are grand but the tops have all those little balls (bobbles?) on them from too much wear/washing and they just look like rags, that's how I'm justifying the new stuff anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

My first new symptom of the third trimester has arrived.. breathlessness!
    It seems to happen as soon as I sit down to relax in the evenings.
    And when I lie down in bed I feel like I've just ran 5 miles!
    I'm finding if I'm propped up with lots of pillows it helps. There'll be no room for my husband in the bed soon! :D

Had my 28 week appointment today, didnt get a scan like I thought which was disappointing. Measuring exactly to my dates and heartbeat is good and strong. Baby is still in breech position although seems to have shifted sides (head over to the left now). Back again in 3 weeks where he said I would get a scan. A good friend of mine is getting married on Saturday, not looking forward to getting dressed up, not really overjoyed by my dress and my swollen feet probably won't fit into my heels I planned on wearing.

Lucuma I wish I had your enthusiasm for clothes buying, I love shopping and clothes but am so disinterested in maternity wear, its all very samey here. I'd love some nice dresses that are not black, might try Asos again. Last time I ordered from them was before Christmas and their stuff was huge on me and super long! Joys of being a short ass.

Ireland is brilliant for maternity clothes....where I live in Europe is crap! You can only get stuff in boutiques and it costs an absolute fortune. Despite a population of 17 million people in the country, come to the capital city there is ONE yes ONE high street shop that does maternity and that's H&M. I was in Cork at the weekend and found maternity in Pennys (ok very limited range just jeans), Next (great for dresses lovely sailor dress there blue & white stripes which is wear-to-a-wedding standard, defo), New Look (loads), H&M (great for maternity tights they had loads of light denier, heavier denier and thick wooly ones) and Red Herring in Debenhams had a decent selection as well (mixture of dresses, tops, pants etc) they had a few dresses you could wear to a wedding as well. And apparently upstairs in Jojo Maman Bebe has a selection as well, not to mention Mothercare which has a huge selection (the one in Mahon point in Cork does at any rate). Seriously ye/we are spoiled for choice for high street maternity wear in Ireland, compared to other countries!!
    I tried the online thing as well, my first time ever ordering clothes online in my life. I bought 4 items: dress, skirt and 2 tops. The tops are grand and I'm keeping them. But have VPL in the skirt and the dress so they have to go back. You can't check for things like VPL with online shopping, adn the chances of the sizes being correct are slim....I have to say I think it's not for me although maybe it's a good way to save money is it? Is that why people think it's worth the hassle of having to send the stuff back.

Teggers strange you get breathless when at rest? Baby must be pushing up against your lungs? Kathy shame you got no scan. Still plenty of time for baby to turn around if you're 28 weeks. Have a look at the spinning babies website.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AvyStreet

That might be because of our pretty healthy birthrate.

HAHA Lucuma maybe I'm just being fussy. I have a particular style of clothes I like and I find a lot of maternity wear very casual and boring. There is only so many jeans and long tops I can wear before getting bored. I let loose on ASOS last night and bought 3 dresses. I ordered a size 8 this time as the last time round the next size up was huge, I just totally don't feel like my normal size right now.

Teggers have you tried yoga? I find it great for breathing exercises. My doc also highly recommended it yesterday. We were running 5 minutes late to our appointment and after a very brisk walk from the car I felt a bit breathless. I'm going to try take up swimming, just need to find a swimming pool and source a swim suit to fit!

. I'm going to try take up swimming, just need to find a swimming pool and source a swim suit to fit!

I just bought a bikini in Dunnes in a bigger size than normal and let the bump stick out. Cheaper than paying for maternity swimsuit.

Re the style of clothes you like, And you don't like Red Herring in Debenhams or Next maternity selection? I found Red Herring a bit too formal for me so maybe it would be what you're looking for. I also thought Next was quite formal.

I just bought a bikini in Dunnes in a bigger size than normal and let the bump stick out. Cheaper than paying for maternity swimsuit.

Re the style of clothes you like, And you don't like Red Herring in Debenhams or Next maternity selection? I found Red Herring a bit too formal for me so maybe it would be what you're looking for. I also thought Next was quite formal.

Thanks good idea regarding getting a bigger size. I normally wear skinny jeans and shirts or skirts. I find skirts cut me off in the wrong place and I look silly in them. I miss structured clothing and buttons and zips. So sick of pulling things on and off and wearing stretchy material. Moan over. :rolleyes:

Thanks good idea regarding getting a bigger size. I normally wear skinny jeans and shirts or skirts. I find skirts cut me off in the wrong place and I look silly in them. I miss structured clothing and buttons and zips. So sick of pulling things on and off and wearing stretchy material. Moan over. :rolleyes:

yeah getting a good maternity skirt is a very difficult. I finally found one in H&M on Monday :-) I'm not petite like you I'm 5'9" and would be a size 14 so it's finding the XL that is a challenge for me. A good maternity skirt is soooo handy though. I had one on the last pregnancy which has gone missing so delighted to get that one in H&M now to see me through the next 9 weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm going to try take up swimming, just need to find a swimming pool and source a swim suit to fit!

I didn't bother with a maternity swimsuit until 35 weeks! I went up sizes in normal Speedo swimsuits, bought cheaply from Wiggle - I started at a 32 and was bumping out of a 38 at 35 weeks. I then bought a maternity Slazenger one from Sports Direct, it's struggling on my boobs (I'm massive up top though) but would be too big on the bump if I got a bigger size.

Can highly recommend keeping up swimming though - I've been going at least twice a week and am still doing just over 1km each time and feeling good in the process. It's lovely to let the water take the extra weight off :)

Advertisement