Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Thanks Rainbow kirby, you gave me a bit of motivation so found a swimming pool nearby so am going to go this Sunday. I have been terribly lazy the last few months and really need to get back into more exercise other than yoga and walking. I used to love long walks with the dog but haven't even done much of them lately. Post pregnancy weight loss is going to be rather unfun!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Maternity clothes options are rubbish here, despite shopping literally being the national pastime and massive malls they all have the same shops with the same stock. Feels like there are pregnant women everywhere don't know where they buy their clothes! There's one maternity shop, which is a rip off and has clothes I don't think even my mother would like. Bought jeans and work trousers on next and some tops and dresses on ASOS, the sizes vary so much though. Somethings just about fit and other things the same size are way way too big!

Hope the breathlessness clears up Teggers, meditation is great for managing breathing, my OH isn't into it but he does listen to this one... its not serious but is funny and surprisingly calming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY don't play it at work out loud! Also you might not want to expose baby to the language! ;)

I miss the scans too Kathy, i was all for not being molly coddled by my Dr and not get loads of scans etc... but now i really miss them!

Starting to get the broken sleep now, the pillow isn't stopping me from moving anymore and the SPD pain wakes me up when i start moving :mad: looking for spatone as I tried iron tablets and they made me sick after a few days not going down that road again if i can avoid it! Have a visitor from home next week so will get her loaded up! Trying to figure out if there's anything else I should be asking her to bring for the first few weeks? My shopping and being organised has come to a grinding halt at the moment! I literally can't remember anything if I don't write it down :confused: even then i've forgotten that I've made a note!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

wuffly wrote: »
    Trying to figure out if there's anything else I should be asking her to bring for the first few weeks? !

Don't know how good the chemists are over there? In Europe where I work the selection of Over the Counter stuff is total crap compared to Ireland and same with the selection of toiletries in the supermarkets. So I had to bring a lot over from Ireland with me like Gaviscon infant (which they just don't have here!) or heavy flow sanitary towels etc.
    Anyway this is my list of must-haves for the first few weeks:

1. Multimam compress (for nipples)
    2. Lansinoh cream (for nipples)
    3. Always maxi night
    4. Witch hazel (for stitches)
    5. Aloe vera gel (for stitches)
    7. Tea Tree oil (for stitches)
    8. Sudocream
    9. Bepanthen (for nappy rash)
    10. Gaviscon infant (for reflux)

Multimam compress are little pads of gel. I put one on each nipple when I wasn't feeding (so my bra kept them in place) when I was feeding then I'd take it off, fold it and tuck it in the middle of my bra and put it back on again afterwards. Keep them in the fridge for extra soothing feeling! They are expensive so I'd change them once a day (fresh one every morning). In addition to that then before each feed I'd put the lansinoh cream on the nipple, it is safe for baby to ingest and helps to protect the nipple during feeding. You're better off being pro-active about this I used both of them from the get go. It's much nicer to prevent nipple damage than try to fix it after it has happened! And if your nipples are really badly damaged you might have to give up BF or else pump for a while and use bottles while your nipples recover so it's defo worth being proactive in trying to prevent it occuring in the first instance. This combo of the multiman and the lansinoh worked for me anyway.
    The Always maxi night are hard to find even in Ireland, only big shops or some chemists have them. I had a heavy lochia so these were the only thing heavy duty enough to stem the flow and prevent leaks. Obviously you can't use tampons.
    For stitches (vaginal) I had a squeezy bottle and had water with a few drops of tea tree oil in it which I squirted on the stitches after going to the toilet each time. I also made a spray using 50% witch hazel and 50% aloe vera gel and I sprayed that on the stitches using a small spray containter (you know the empty ones you can get in Boots etc). So everytime I went to the loo I squirted the tea tree water and sprayed the witch hazel/aloe vera. I never had any problems with infected stitches or anything and my stitches healed really well.

For nappies put Sudocream on each and every time you change their nappy Always. If they get bad nappy rash I switch to a thick layer of Bepanthen then. Once it's cleared up I switch back to Sudocream.

Gaviscon infant are little sachets you add one to each bottle (or mix with breastmilk or water and bottle feed) if they are suffering from reflux which a lot of babies do in the early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Haha wuffly. That's my kind of meditation! Love it!
    The breathlessness has eased a good bit thankfully. I think it was maybe the way baby was lying.
    Wasn't feeling a lot of movement Tuesday evening and yesterday so went to the hospital for a quick visit. They put me on a monitor to trace baby's heartbeat and all is perfect thank God! Such a relief!

HAHA Wuffly loved the link. I have tried meditation in the past and didn't really find it works for me, my mind is always wandering off onto something else, even during the relaxation part of yoga I am thinking ahead of what I need to get done, unless of course I dose off which has happened. Sorry to hear about the broken sleep, I dread that happening to me, pre-pregnancy I was a light enough sleeper and could survive on a few hours, now I need my 7 hours at least or I'm a zombie. Hopefully its not along term thing!

Lucuma that list is absolutely fantastic, I have a voucher which I was going to use in Boots to get stuff for the baby so will be arming myself with your list. Is there anything needed for bathing the baby in the first few weeks, I assume you don't use any wash or soap? I was going to try find a chemical free brand to use. There is something about Johnson and Johnson that turns me off using their products.

Teggers its such a scary time when movements change. Glad you got seen to quickly and got the reassurance you need. From being there before lets hope neither of us needs to get it checked out again.

My order arrived from Asos today, sizes look a little better than last time round so hopefully they fit nice.

Question: regarding sleeping, is it best to use grow bags/Sleeping bags for the baby in the first few months? I bought a few swaddling blankets, 2 gro bags and then some cellular blankets as well as heavier fleece type ones. My child will never run out of blankets LOL!!! Im just wondering what others found works?

• Advertisement

Argos have a baby event on at the moment, some good discounts on certain items: http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/baby-nursery-event.htm&mvt=HP1_main2

Kathy22 wrote: »

Question: regarding sleeping, is it best to use grow bags/Sleeping bags for the baby in the first few months? I bought a few swaddling blankets, 2 gro bags and then some cellular blankets as well as heavier fleece type ones. My child will never run out of blankets LOL!!! Im just wondering what others found works?

Sounds like you have all options covered there! I swaddled for the first while, worked wonders. You can find videos how to do it on YouTube.

Kathy, I'm the same. I think I every option covered lol Might try swaddling for the first couple of weeks and see how the sleep bags work out after that! Anyone using them swears by them..

Had hospital check up this morning. Unfortunately I have gestational diabetes. Have another appointment on Monday to discuss how to manage it. On the plus side, I had a scan so got to see bubba again and he's doing great! :)

I bought a few swaddling blankets, 2 gro bags and then some cellular blankets as well as heavier fleece type ones.

Sorry only thought of it after. You can't use them - not safe. Only the cellular ones are safe so if baby pulls the blanket over their head they will still be able to breathe through them coz of the holes.

The fleecier ones you could use in the pram or buggy alright but not while they're sleeping at night.

Enjoy your Boots voucher! Great present for a Mum-to-be. When I mentioned the squirty bottle I used for the water with a few drops of tea tree oil I used a pouch bottle like this by the way (got it in the pound shop): http://www.lightinthebox.com/outdoor-sport-portable-folding-water-bag-cartoon-water-bottle-with-hook-holder-16oz-480ml-20pcs-lot_p815643.html?currency=EUR&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&adword_mt=&adword_ct=87561882434&adword_kw=&adword_pos=1o1&adword_pl=&adword_net=g&adword_tar=&adw_src_id=1810908567_301588514_21687237914_pla-80809630575&gclid=CJf-6Y7nl8sCFXMz0wod3LUIOw

And for teh witch hazel/aloe vera gel mixture I used a spray bottle like this: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/empty-spray-bottles

Teggars - what a balls about the GD! But at least you're on the home straight now so you'll only have to adjust your diet for a few months. I don't know how I avoid it considering I consist on a diet mainly made up of sugar these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

Lucuma wrote: »
    Sorry only thought of it after. You can't use them - not safe. Only the cellular ones are safe so if baby pulls the blanket over their head they will still be able to breathe through them coz of the holes.

The fleecier ones you could use in the pram or buggy alright but not while they're sleeping at night.

Enjoy your Boots voucher! Great present for a Mum-to-be. When I mentioned the squirty bottle I used for the water with a few drops of tea tree oil I used a pouch bottle like this by the way (got it in the pound shop): http://www.lightinthebox.com/outdoor-sport-portable-folding-water-bag-cartoon-water-bottle-with-hook-holder-16oz-480ml-20pcs-lot_p815643.html?currency=EUR&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&adword_mt=&adword_ct=87561882434&adword_kw=&adword_pos=1o1&adword_pl=&adword_net=g&adword_tar=&adw_src_id=1810908567_301588514_21687237914_pla-80809630575&gclid=CJf-6Y7nl8sCFXMz0wod3LUIOw

And for teh witch hazel/aloe vera gel mixture I used a spray bottle like this: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/empty-spray-bottles

Teggars - what a balls about the GD! But at least you're on the home straight now so you'll only have to adjust your diet for a few months. I don't know how I avoid it considering I consist on a diet mainly made up of sugar these days!![/quote

Lucuma..how do you make up the witch haze and tea tree oil solutions?? What's the dilution? Also where did you buy the oils? Thanks in advance!!

• Advertisement

Lucuma..how do you make up the witch haze and tea tree oil solutions?? What's the dilution? Also where did you buy the oils? Thanks in advance!![/quote]

Very simple. Buy witch hazel (liquid) and aloe vera gel (gel) in the chemist.
    Put 50/50 of them into a spray bottle like this http://www.ebay.com/bhp/empty-spray-bottles
    and give it a good shake to mix them together. Then spray. Keep in the fridge for extra soothing properties! You can get these bottles in loads of shops.

And the tea tree one just fill a bottle like this http://www.lightinthebox.com/outdoor...FXMz0wod3LUIOw
    (which I found in the pound shop) with water from the tap and put a good few drops of tea tree oil into it and give it a good shake. Then squirt!

I had to refill the tea tree bottle probably every day and the other one maybe once a week or so

You'd get tea tree oil, witch hazel and aloe vera gel in Boots

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

Lucuma..how do you make up the witch haze and tea tree oil solutions?? What's the dilution? Also where did you buy the oils? Thanks in advance!!

Very simple. Buy witch hazel (liquid) and aloe vera gel (gel) in the chemist.
    Put 50/50 of them into a spray bottle like this http://www.ebay.com/bhp/empty-spray-bottles
    and give it a good shake to mix them together. Then spray. Keep in the fridge for extra soothing properties! You can get these bottles in loads of shops.

And the tea tree one just fill a bottle like this http://www.lightinthebox.com/outdoor...FXMz0wod3LUIOw
    (which I found in the pound shop) with water from the tap and put a good few drops of tea tree oil into it and give it a good shake. Then squirt!

I had to refill the tea tree bottle probably every day and the other one maybe once a week or so

You'd get tea tree oil, witch hazel and aloe vera gel in Boots[/quote]

That's great..thanks a million for the info!

Great list Lucuma! I think I get can almost all of that here, its random the things you can and can't here. You can get antibiotics over the counter but other basics can't be got! A good few people have mentioned water wipes which for god knows what reason you cannot get here, the only thing is they are so heavy!

I've read about getting the squeezy bottle, good to know about the aloe vera and witch hazel etc.., all bathrooms here have the "bum hoses' so hadn't thought of getting a bottle, on the list now!

Teggers sorry to here about your GD hope you're feeling ok x

Did the hospital yesterday tour yesterday, so nice, hoping to try for a water birth if i can, there is only one room but they haven't had any over lap yet, the room looked like a spa, private room post labour and husbands are allowed to stay. Most of the time managing private health insurance is a pain as they want to reject everything! but things like this kind of make it worth it. Our new policy comes in next month, we change every year:mad: thankfully this means no waiting period though. Really just want to get it and get everything pre-approved!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks ladies. But as you said Lucuma it's only a few weeks now. Giving up sugar is going to be as hard as giving up cigarettes! :O

Had to share this picture of the scan from Friday. Think this little fella might look very similar to his big brother :)

A good few people have mentioned water wipes which for god knows what reason you cannot get here, the only thing is they are so heavy!

the room looked like a spa, private room post labour and husbands are allowed to stay. !

water wipes.....sorry but 1 wipe is the same as the next in my opinion, I defo wouldn't waste your friends luggage allowance on that!!

Wowzers re husbands being allowed to stay overnight!! That's absolutely amazing. The worst part of staying in teh hospital for the 3 (or 5 if c-section) nights post labour is when the Daddy has to leave, it's so hard as a first time Mum being alone with the baby all night (I found). Water birth would be cool! There's only one place in Ireland you can do that - in one of the Dublin hospitals.

I'm hoping to use the birthing pool this time around, had the option last time but didn't use it. So hopefully it'll be free this time again when I'm in labour and I'll be in a position to use it. In CUMH though you have to leave the birthing pool once you get to the 2nd stage of labour; you're only allowed to use it during Stage 1.

Wuffly how are you finding exercise with the SPD out of interest? On the last pregnancy I was cycling to work, doing hardcore pregnancy yoga (2 hour class with someone that really pushed us) and swimming. To be honest I think all that just exacerbates the SPD. So on this pregnancy as soon as Istarted feeling the ol twinges in the pubic joint (1st trimester!) I started getting public transport to work (now I drive) and stopped all exercise. And I have to say that the SPD isn't half as bad as it was the last time. It's a fright to be so idle but I really don't think I did myself any favours the last time! Sure I was swimming with breast stroke kick and everything for a while on last preg til I found out it's a NO-NO with SPD.

Having said all that I went to a pregnancy pilates class this morning. My physio felt it was ok to go as long as I tell the girl at the start that I have SPD. In fairness she was great. I know myself now as well, much better than previously, what exercises to avoid. Anything that involves standing on one leg is out. Anything that destabilises the pelvis and anything that hurts (!) obviously is out. There was about 25% of the class I couldn't do. She gave me different exercises to do while they were doing those ones. I felt like a pleb though with my different exercises! Twould nearly put off going again.....but i suppose I shoudl just suck it up.
    But I have to say, walking like a cowboy since the class :( I really do wonder with SPD are you just better off doing as little as possible......it's so hard to know. I'd imagine swimming would be the safest (no breast stroke kick of course) but I am so busy between working 5 days, my daughter and the house we're buying I have no time to go to the beautican for a wax, pathetic excuse I know but that's actually the reason I can't go swimming:o

Teggers sorry to hear you have gestational diabetes, as Lucuma said your on the home stretch so hopefully it is not too hard for you to manage.

I have such sugar cravings since the second trimester and have way overdone it on the sugar, really need to get a hold of myself and watch my diet. I've definitely gained weight in my thighs which I have no excuse for. Doesn't help I have been incredibly lazy of late.

Wuffly lucky you if you get to have a water birth, something Id love to do but my hospital doesn't offer.

I feel rather lucky with no SPD or GD so I will count myself lucky and quit my moaning. My biggest complaint is my reflux, indigestion and heartburn. We were at a wedding yesterday and ate rather late and I had way to much and my stomach was in bits last night. Not fun! Had such a blast at the wedding but so tired today. Not able for late nights, at least I got a bit of exercise in on the dance floor :D

Lovely photo Teggers! :D hope your doing ok with the diet, will all be worth it.

There is only one hospital that do water birth here, you can labour in water in all of the rooms but only one has the water birth pool. Hopefully its an option. Dads being able to stay is definitely one of the major bonus's of the system here.

Lucuma, I definitely think exercise makes the SPD worse, even in general its much worse for me at weekends when i move around more than when I am at my desk all week. I'm still doing yoga, but not sure if I will keep it up, I like the class but if its aggravating the pain there's not much point. I couldn't face a wax (TMI I'm quiet swollen/tender down there apparently extra blood flow in the area, which is supposedly normal:confused: not a yeast infection which is what I thought for months!)
    Water wipes are treated like gold dust here... Guess its a bit of an organic food type fuss over nothing....!

Kathy I'm the same I eat too much if I am out then feel woeful after, went for a pub lunch at work last week... felt awful for the afternoon!

I feel rather lucky with no SPD or GD so I will count myself lucky and quit my moaning. My biggest complaint is my reflux, indigestion and heartburn.

They're no joke either Kathy!! Mine has actually calmed down weirdly. But my bump has also dropped dramatically (to me anyway) and movement has reduced bigtime so I think baby might be getting into position for take off......I'm a little surprised at 9 weeks to go, better not be a sign that she's going to come early :eek:

I honestly think despite all my many complaints like the insomnia and the SPD and the rest of it, the nausea I had til 15 weeks still takes the prize, it's just hell on earth that phase, I can survive anything only that! It's 24/7 misery. Constant indigestion isn't nice either. Can't believe even the hardcore drugs don't work for you, you'll just have to be really careful what you eat and when.
    . I'm still doing yoga, but not sure if I will keep it up, I like the class but if its aggravating the pain there's not much point.

It's lousy isn't it :( Pregnancy yoga is so lovely, it's a shame to miss out on it coz of stupid SPD. I was bad after that pilates class yesterday, was waddling around like a duck for the night and in pain. And I've been doing so well with the physio I'm going to and following all her instructions. I won't be going back, pity as I love that Sun morning pregnancy pilates class!

That's gas about water wipes haha! I've never noticed them being any better or worse than any other wipe. In fact I was saying to my OH this morning that the type of dirty nappies my dd is doing lately, the wipes aren't cut out for it at all....we'd be far better off using what my parents used on us - a wet face cloth! It would be far more effective!

I think the thing about water wipes is that they are 99.9% water so they're less likely to irritate the skin and reduce the risk of nappy rash. No special cleaning powers unfortunately! Possibly as close to a wet face cloth as you can get without the washing up!

Going to feel totally lazy if i give up yoga... :( had stopped going for walks ages ago as I always ending up getting sick somewhere on the route.. this baby wants me doing nothing!

Have to agree anything feels better than the sickness, it was about to break me when it finally stopped. Still though everything else is no picnic!

I think the thing about water wipes is that they are 99.9% water so they're less likely to irritate the skin and reduce the risk of nappy rash.

Nappy rash is caused by poo though isn't it? Not by wipes!
    Unless you were using some real dodgy toxic thing full of chemicals or your baby had very sensitive skin and had a reaction maybe........? but I've used all the popular brands of wipes and I couldn't see a link between wipes and nappy rash......it's always clear to me that it's caused by bad (often teething-related) poos!

We're lucky dd has rarely had bad nappy rash. If you change the nappy quickly enough you usually avoid it. There has been times we've left her with a babysitter that didn't change her nappy often enough and she got a nappy rash from that. Thankfully her childminder is excellent on that (and many other) front

• Advertisement

Yup need to watch what I eat not only for the indigestion but also just for health purposes. My lack of exercise isn't helping. As much as I love being pregnant and having a baby I'm ready to have my body back. Hopefully it isn't too difficult to shift once they arrive. We are quite lucky in a way that they will be born for the summer months, I plan on plenty of long walks.

Teggers that scan picture is amazing and very clear, definitely a resemblance there with your son. Its amazing hoe clear they can be, I totally see my husband in the baby, same nose anyway! Week 30 is finally here, I am dying to get into the single figures LOL. I'm on a constant countdown.

. As much as I love being pregnant and having a baby I'm ready to have my body back. Hopefully it isn't too difficult to shift once they arrive. .

Eh.........I hate to break it to ya but.... :D:eek::P:(

hoping this is true!
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/mom/breastfeeding-burns-calories

I do know one mum that was skinner than ever after 6 months breast feeding..... I am deluded I know but a girls gotta hope!

I got asked yesterday how far along I am and I said 7 months and the girl was like oh really? I thought it was like 2/3months.... I've properly popped now and while I'm neat-ish if was 3months and this size I'd need a wheelbarrow for the bump by 9months :P

Oh Lucuma don't burst my little bubble of denial ;):D

I have read breastfeeding is great for shifting the pounds but I'm sure this is just the normal pregnancy weight and not my lazy ass over indulgence in foods I normally eat in moderation weight gain. I woke up this morning and made carrots and hummus for a snack and a salad for lunch, better late than never eh LOL! :pac:

How's everyone doing?

Still trying to get my head around the diabetes. Met with a midwife on Monday and she gave me a monitor to test my blood sugars 7 times a day. She referred me to see a dietician in the hospital but said herself that the baby will more than likely be born before I get appointment!
    Was feeling totally overwhelmed with it all. I'm a fussy enough eater at the best of times so was panicking about how I'd survive the next few weeks!
    Managed to get a private consultation with a dietician yesterday. He explained things in a much simpler way than the midwives and I'm feeling a lot more confident that I can get it under control.
    Already today my readings are well within the limits.
    Just need to deal with the sugar cravings now!! :O

. We are quite lucky in a way that they will be born for the summer months, I plan on plenty of long walks.

Ladies our timing is immaculate. My maternity leave months off are going to be: April, May, June, July, August & September.

I mean can you get better than that !!! :):)

teggers5 wrote: »
    How's everyone doing?

Still trying to get my head around the diabetes. Met with a midwife on Monday and she gave me a monitor to test my blood sugars 7 times a day. She referred me to see a dietician in the hospital but said herself that the baby will more than likely be born before I get appointment!
    Was feeling totally overwhelmed with it all. I'm a fussy enough eater at the best of times so was panicking about how I'd survive the next few weeks!
    Managed to get a private consultation with a dietician yesterday. He explained things in a much simpler way than the midwives and I'm feeling a lot more confident that I can get it under control.
    Already today my readings are well within the limits.
    Just need to deal with the sugar cravings now!! :O

That's never easy but it's like giving up anything, it's hard for the first week and once you break the cycle it gets way easier. You can do it !!!!

I gave up sugar for TTC before so I know how hard it is!

Thanks Lucuma.. finding the past couple of days tough but I'm getting there. Every little kick I get reminds me why I'm doing it and makes it all more bearable!

Yes, our timing couldn't be any better really. I'm due to finish up the end of April all going to plan. Really looking forward to having the whole summer off! A few people have said that the early morning starts with a new baby are so much easier when it's bright out! Let's just hope for a dry summer now so we can all get out with the prams!

Teggers hope the diet is going OK, fair play to you!! I would find it tough now giving up more stuff. I can't wait to have the summer off, 8 more weeks in work, feels like a lifetime away! Only just started thinking about finding cover for my role and doing a handover. Hopefully the months fly by!

A new and very much unwanted symptom for me is itching all over especially on my belly and legs. Gets much worse at night and only seems to calm down after a shower. My mum tells me she had it on me but not on my brothers, hers seemed a lot worse though than what I have, mine is mainly bad at night. I'll say it to the doctor next time but it doesn't sound like cholestasis as its not on my palms or feet thank God.

Had a very relaxing weekened which was really needed. Have our antenatal class next Saturday for the whole day so nice to get a break this weekend. Ordered our buggy today, finally. Kept forgetting to do it. Ended up going for the Bugaboo so should be here in just over a week, another big thing off the list. Think we are fairly organised now at this stage. Need to organise the hospital bag next and also some essentials for the first few weeks.

Thanks for your list Lucuma, I picked up a few bits from it for breastfeeding like the multi-mam compress and lansinoh cream. A friend recommended using it for a week or so before baby is born. Might try that and see if it works. I really want to breastfeed so would try anything really!

• Advertisement

A new and very much unwanted symptom for me is itching all over especially on my belly and legs. Gets much worse at night and only seems to calm down after a shower. My mum tells me she had it on me but not on my brothers, hers seemed a lot worse though than what I have, mine is mainly bad at night. I'll say it to the doctor next time but it doesn't sound like cholestasis as its not on my palms or feet thank God.

Thanks for your list Lucuma, I picked up a few bits from it for breastfeeding like the multi-mam compress and lansinoh cream. A friend recommended using it for a week or so before baby is born. Might try that and see if it works. I really want to breastfeed so would try anything really!

Oh no re the itching :eek: I had that on my last pregnancy, not on this one thank god. Mine was worst in the 1st trimester though, I think it was to do with skin stretching. I ended up having to take an antihistamine for it twas so bad. I presume you're trying every cream under the sun? Good to rule out cholestasis. There's another one called PUPS as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritic_urticarial_papules_and_plaques_of_pregnancy

Using Lansinoh for a week before baby is born? Never heard of that one. If you're very determined to BF, that's half the battle anyway. You have to really want to do it I think to get through the few little bumps in the road

Advertisement