Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

also, maybe i'm reading your post wrong, but perhaps their expectations were as far out as yours were?
    Your not reading it wrong, I wrote it incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,971 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Weepsie wrote: »
    Only ever seen them around Howth.
    I see them everywhere. It seems to me that there must be 5,000 members in their club. Do a sportive anywhere in the country and there'll be a few dozen of them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I see them everywhere. It seems to me that there must be 5,000 members in their club. Do a sportive anywhere in the country and there'll be a few dozen of them at it.

At least 5000. I see them everywhere too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Less than 300 posts to go before we need a new name, can we start picking one now?

You never watt alone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sean Kelly's trophy room

• Advertisement

Which bike should I choose ?

Road rash triage room ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Ryath

Le Gruppeto

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Asthmatic Anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 31,046 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sagan's Exasperated Shrug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

ford2600 wrote: »
    None of that will get in your way in Irish Politics.

Simon Harris, Ming Flanagan are two particular beauts that come to mind

Ming has done some actual good work in EU, hes pressed them on their use of Denis o'Brien croonies to lead free press reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

manafana wrote: »
    Ming has done some actual good work in EU, hes pressed them on their use of Denis o'Brien croonies to lead free press reviews

I'd appreciate a neutral source for that claim, please?

the details on freedom of press here

https://www.coe.int/en/web/commissioner/-/the-alarming-situation-of-press-freedom-in-europe

in regard his work its mostly what iv seen on social media, hes worked with some other irish MEPs to ask why a Denis O brien employee has been included as part of the committee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

saw this earlier - was only just saying it to the wife yesterday that there seems to be a marked increase in the amount of rubbish in the ditches around NCD. and a lot of it, irritatingly, is stuff free to dispose of.

https://twitter.com/LeaveNoTraceIrl/status/980559541405405185

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

saw this earlier - was only just saying it to the wife yesterday that there seems to be a marked increase in the amount of rubbish in the ditches around NCD. and a lot of it, irritatingly, is stuff free to dispose of.

https://twitter.com/LeaveNoTraceIrl/status/980559541405405185
    When I’m out and about I stop and report such dumping. I use the “see it say it” app on my phone. I get notifications when the report has been logged / resolved by the county council.

the details on freedom of press here

https://www.coe.int/en/web/commissioner/-/the-alarming-situation-of-press-freedom-in-europe

in regard his work its mostly what iv seen on social media, hes worked with some other irish MEPs to ask why a Denis O brien employee has been included as part of the committee.

Thanks, well aware of the freedom of press issue, but more interested in Flanagan's self promotion, considering his repeated use of fear mongering for his own ends.

Thanks, well aware of the freedom of press issue, but more interested in Flanagan's self promotion, considering his repeated use of fear mongering for his own ends.

well iv seen him actually do something about it, so hes making actions, refreshing to have someone come at it without being a career politician with no actual outside exp, don't have agree with everything he says or does.

well iv seen him actually do something about it, so hes making actions, refreshing to have someone come at it without being a career politician with no actual outside exp, don't have agree with everything he says or does.

I was studying journalism in Galway in 1998. He was a politician there then, whether sitting or not, running on another populist single issue. That’s a minimum of 20 years in politics. To me that’s a career politician.

He got in partially by supporting a position where locals should be allowed destroy environmental conservation areas for fuel. Some of the most importand boglands in Europe.

He had penalty points quashed twice, I believe.

I count him as a career politician. In there with Healy Rae

I was studying journalism in Galway in 1998. He was a politician there then, whether sitting or not, running on another populist single issue. That’s a minimum of 20 years in politics. To me that’s a career politician.

He got in partially by supporting a position where locals should be allowed destroy environmental conservation areas for fuel. Some of the most importand boglands in Europe.

He had penalty points quashed twice, I believe.

I count him as a career politician. In there with Healy Rae

like said he isn't prefect but these indo's tend to get alot more focus than main party politicans doing similar things. Local politics is king im afraid, thats our donald trump moment,

Its onyl few yrs Enda tried abolish the whole Senad rather than reduce the numbers across both houses, a very right wing power grab imo.

like said he isn't prefect but these indo's tend to get alot more focus than main party politicans doing similar things. Local politics is king im afraid, thats our donald trump moment,

Its onyl few yrs Enda tried abolish the whole Senad rather than reduce the numbers across both houses, a very right wing power grab imo.

Some “indos” get more focus because they draw attention to themselves for promotion.

Trump is one of a long line of political populists. Dismissing it as a moment is dishonest.

You’re simply making excuses for Flanagan rather than addressing my main point which is that he is a career politician. Then you’re trying to distract by bringing Kenny into it.

Not being perfect is not the same as being a destructive influence on politics.

• Advertisement

Some “indos” get more focus because they draw attention to themselves for promotion.

Trump is one of a long line of political populists. Dismissing it as a moment is dishonest.

You’re simply making excuses for Flanagan rather than addressing my main point which is that he is a career politician. Then you’re trying to distract by bringing Kenny into it.

Not being perfect is not the same as being a destructive influence on politics.

You make some valid points, my point was simply to say that their is always two sides. More trump like moments ahead for sure, but hopefully none as bad.

Now onto my bike, a place of peace, a break in the clouds i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Got a new bike last year in my local town but since then they no longer deal with that brand. Someone mentioned to me I need to get the bike serviced at official dealers or else the warranty is voided - is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

marvin80 wrote: »
    Got a new bike last year in my local town but since then they no longer deal with that brand. Someone mentioned to me I need to get the bike serviced at official dealers or else the warranty is voided - is this true?

Once it is serviced in line with the manufacturers recommendations and by a suitably qualified person you will be fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

marvin80 wrote: »

Your contract is with the shop, not the manufacturer. Sales of good etc supercedes manufacturer warranty in most cases

I thought Cramcycle had started a thread about this, but can't find it now. Can anyone recommend a first aid course in Dublin that would be approved or acceptable for Cycling Ireland?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought Cramcycle had started a thread about this, but can't find it now. Can anyone recommend a first aid course in Dublin that would be approved or acceptable for Cycling Ireland?

Any three day FETAC level 5 approved course should be acceptable by Cycling Ireland. Safety Ireland, Irish Red Cross and St. Johns Ambulance all run them, the latter two definitely have courses coming up in Dublin regularly enough.

I think they are about 150euro for the course per person.

There are shorted one day courses from St. Johns but they do not give you a cert at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I once sat opposite Flanagan on a train, back when he sported the mostly shaved head and long beard that earned him the "Ming" moniker. Some teenagers were mocking his unusual appearance and he handled it with quiet assurance. I was impressed. I guess he'd had plenty of practice.

I'm not very impressed with what little I know of his political performance.

(Admittedly, limited to "Miss Piggy", which was really Wallace, accidentally voting with UKIP on NI border resolution, dismissal of science on the subject of peat burning.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I've only just realised you guys were talking about Ming Flanagan!
    Yeah, he's totally a career politician and knows who butters his bread.
    What else has he ever done apart from being in politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Effects wrote: »
    What else has he ever done apart from being in politics?

Didn't he conquer the Universe at one stage ?

• Advertisement

Halfords in Coolock looking for employees for Bike Hut in case someone is interested: https://ie.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=c56b5a4753f32b1c&tk=1ca6q442692oi9ok&from=serp&vjs=3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement