Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

To youtube I go so, I enjoy their videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Manhattan Crisps of the Salt and Vinegar variety. I'm sure they have been about for awhile, but I have just discovered them.

It's like they never got the memo from the EU about removing all the lovely tasty (but cancer giving) E Numbered ingredients.

Absolutely Savage. Like the Mini Chips Salt & Vinegar of ye olden days.

Available in my local Spar, so possibly the rest. If you like Salt & vinegar crisps (or tasty crisps!), you'd want to try them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Manhattan Crisps of the Salt and Vinegar variety. I'm sure they have been about for awhile, but I have just discovered them.

It's like they never got the memo from the EU about removing all the lovely tasty (but cancer giving) E Numbered ingredients.

Available in my local Spar, so possibly the rest. If you like Salt & vinegar crisps (or tasty crisps!), you'd want to try them.

They're a great crisp. The cheese and onion is also epic. I only ever see them in pubs.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Nice one. If you like your crisps strongly flavored (and I do) check out 'Real Crips' in lidl, delish.

https://ablogaboutcrisps.blogspot.ie/ is worth a browse too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nee wrote: »
    They're a great crisp. The cheese and onion is also epic. I only ever see them in pubs.

used to be able to order them online, this old thread said it worked out 87c a bag though.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056928681

I see them in some newsagents and in a "snack basket" in work. They should really do smaller sizes in mulitpacks.

• Advertisement

Currently counting my penny jar I started this time last year. One of those novelty ones you have to open with a can opener. Just got into a routine of emptying my pockets when I come in. I'm gonna need more bags, I was hoping for enough to upgrade from a sora group set but I'm starting to think I'm aiming a little low here.

Buying another one of these tins, you just don't miss the change if you can't see it.

ffs after I'd say 6 or 7 years without issue I've got a flair up of pilonidal cysts. Not seeking medical advice I can ask herself for that :D

Quite literally a pain in the arse though and no cycling for me for a bit :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Buying another one of these tins, you just don't miss the change if you can't see it.
    +1 when I was in college I got a biscuit tin, sealed it with gaffer tape and put a coin sized hole in the top. One day I opened it and it paid a months rent.
    ffs after I'd say 6 or 7 years without issue I've got a flair up of pilonidal cysts. Not seeking medical advice I can ask herself for that :D

Quite literally a pain in the arse though and no cycling for me for a bit :mad:
    The money will help with the pain (not medical advice) :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

Worried about car park security after spotting this in my apartment block over Christmas...

26171877_317056292138050_8711531962669850865_o.jpg?oh=c395c220a1f4521097e6712f1375cf49&oe=5ABE0EB8

26171175_317056295471383_6750100202531325220_o.jpg?oh=eafdb3b0bf99bd56843c73ee0d4d1be9&oe=5AC3E4E1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

buffalo wrote: »
    Worried about car park security after spotting this in my apartment block over Christmas...

IMGl26171175_317056295471383_6750100202531325220_o.jpg?oh=eafdb3b0bf99bd56843c73ee0d4d1be9&oe=5AC3E4E1

Fcuking hell.
    As a side note I hate that kind of bike parking thing. They're so flimsy, awkward to park in and beside other bikes and difficult to lock the bike properly into them.
    They're often not even secured into the ground.
    Second only to the shyte little hoops on the ground in terms of bad bike parking design.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Happy New Year to anyone viewing in New Zealand:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Beasty wrote: »
    Happy New Year to anyone viewing in New Zealand:)

They won't be able to read that boss, FYP:

:) puɐlɐǝZ ʍǝN uᴉ ƃuᴉʍǝᴉʌ ǝuoʎuɐ oʇ ɹɐǝ⅄ ʍǝN ʎddɐH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Speaking of E numbers (few posts back): technically, vitamin C is an E number (E300), and so is riboflavin (E101), among others, so it's faintly amusing that health foods are often advertised as being "free of E numbers".

I guess you don't see E numbers on packets much anymore, because they colloquially became synonymous with "toxins permitted in foods for some reason".

To be fair, the colloquial view is not 100% unjustified.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

tomasrojo wrote: »
    To be fair, the colloquial view is not 100% unjustified.
    Were The Shamen the only outliers when they claimed "Es are good" in 1992?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Were The Shamen the only outliers when they claimed "Es are good" in 1992?

That was a ballad about Ebenezer Goode, a legendary philosopher....

RobFowl wrote: »
    That was a ballad about Ebenezer Goode, a legendary philosopher....
    Yes, his friends call him 'Ezer and he is the main geezer.

Apparently, they finished a live TV performance with the line "Anyone got any underlay?"
    Asked about this subsequently, they said they were hoping people would spot the rug reference.

(So says Wikipedia anyway.)

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I guess you don't see E numbers on packets much anymore, because they colloquially became synonymous with "toxins permitted in foods for some reason".
    Yes, mcdonalds used to be very open about ingredients, listed e number and what they actually did (e.g. stailiser, prevents clumping etc). I see no E numbers on the UK site now.

I love some of the sensationalist crap. Watch out for those gel packs,

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/what-mcdonalds-chicken-nuggets-actually-6761988
    They included dextrose, a sugar also used by shoe makers to make leather more pliable.

:eek: can't believe idiots are actually eating that stuff! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Personally preferred this track..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

rubadub wrote: »
    :eek: can't believe idiots are actually eating that stuff! :eek:
    It looks like they also contain dihydrogen monoxide! The public need to be warned!

It looks like they also contain dihydrogen monoxide! The public need to be warned!
    The stuff they use to cool nuclear reactors?! This is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

cycling through malahide earlier, spotted a car with hazards on, sitting at least a metre from the kerb with the door open, thought to myself 'oh you bleeding tool' - and then spotted the driver administering to (presumably) his young daughter being ill at the side of the road. some things you just have to let slide...

a little later, passing st. aidan's - beside DCU on collins avenue; good god, that's a hot mess of parents making a hames of the cycle lane and pulling out without looking, picking their darlings up from school.

I worked for 2 days with that school, thankful that the principal is top of his game, so many bikes parked up on school grounds, and kids dropped off in cars is still big issues

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just want to give a shout out for Jack Watson who has been awarded the MBE in the Queen's New Year Honours list

I appreciate these honours may not mean a great deal to many in the Republic, but Jack is one person in Ireland who fully deserves this recognition. I may have disagreed with one or two of the positions he has taken over the years, but can also say I know of no-one who has dedicated so much time and effort into Cycling across the island of Ireland. Equally I cannot imagine cycling in this country will ever again have someone so committed over such an extended period to the improvement of cycling within Ireland

The Cycling Ireland announcement, which details some of his roles within cycling, can be seen here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Only just discovered mywindsock.com (maybe everyone here knows about it and just forgot to tell me!:P). Links to your Strava activity and confirms just how brutal the headwind on your ride was!

This is mine from this morning's commute.......

437722.png

(Hoping the wind direction hasn't changed for the ride home!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I dreamt of taking 10th place in the Olimpic Time Trial on my daily commute route, and posting about this in this thread. After waking up I couldn't shake off the urge to check the comments.....

#inception# commuterrace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

Had a pedal snap on me on my way in this morning, are the posting times from wiggle usually decent, or would I be better off going to an alternative online/b&m?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

VW 1 wrote: »
    Had a pedal snap on me on my way in this morning, are the posting times from wiggle usually decent, or would I be better off going to an alternative online/b&m?

B&M if you need it urgently.

You can pay for priority delivery with CRC also.

I put an old crappy one on before while waiting for it to arrive, rather than pay a premium for fast delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Had a pedal snap on me..
    Look Keo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement