Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've tried using the feature to get a refund from a Private coach operator who claimed their coach was there and left on time. I could show them within a couple of metres where I was standing for half an hour while my phone was on, and their big green unmissable bus never showed up.

The company are a complete shower however, and still wouldn't refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭guanciale

I met someone who seems close to the team. That bike will not be used in races. Its a marketing promotion.
    The bike used by all accounts will have a standard groupset and brakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lumen wrote: »
    Cons: can't have affair.

You can have an affair, just have to accept that it will lead to near immediate castration on returning home....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

guanciale wrote: »
    I met someone who seems close to the team. That bike will not be used in races. Its a marketing promotion.
    The bike used by all accounts will have a standard groupset and brakes.

Is this meant for the AquaBlue thread??

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

RobFowl wrote: »

You can have an affair, just have to accept that it will lead to near immediate castration on returning home....

Imagine the aero gains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

As long as your trysts took place entirely at/above coffee stops and lasted no more than 20 minutes, I think it's do-able. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Is it just me or was the driving particularly dangerous today?

Lot of speeding down the middle of winding roads going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

buffalo wrote:
    As long as your trysts took place entirely at/above coffee stops and lasted no more than 20 minutes, I think it's do-able.

20 mins? Show-off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

VW 1 wrote: »
    20 mins? Show-off.

I think that includes coffee and a scone...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Track World Cup, Poland this weekend. Didn't get chance to see any of it (not sure if Eurosport were doing live coverage, but they certainly have some highlights tomorrow. Anyway some spoiler info, firstly the Women:
    Lydia Gurley has made a rapid recovery after her accident in the London 6 day, and had respectable results in the Points and Scratch Races. Lydia Boylan did OK in the Omnium (15th) and they teamed up again in the Madison to pick up 10th
    Now the Men
    Marc Downey picked up some very decent results in the Scratch (5th) and Points races (8th). Felix English was 8th in the Omnium and the 2 of them teamed up to take 5th in the Madison

Next weekend it moves on to Manchester. Hopefully I'll have better broadband then than I have now (Storm Ophelia took the line down and it's still not up again!!), and I'll try and remember to start a thread, probably on the ferry over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

today's cycling earworm was 'the last of the famous international playboys' by morrissey. and i'm not even a morrissey fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

today's cycling earworm was 'the last of the famous international playboys' by morrissey. and i'm not even a morrissey fan.
    Mine was 'Only our rivers run free' and I can't abide Christy Moore!

Why are earworms nearly always songs we don't particularly like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »
    Track World Cup, Poland this weekend. Didn't get chance to see any of it (not sure if Eurosport were doing live coverage, but they certainly have some highlights tomorrow. Anyway some spoiler info, firstly the Women:
    Lydia Gurley has made a rapid recovery after her accident in the London 6 day, and had respectable results in the Points and Scratch Races. Lydia Boylan did OK in the Omnium (15th) and they teamed up again in the Madison to pick up 10th
    Now the Men
    Marc Downey picked up some very decent results in the Scratch (5th) and Points races (8th). Felix English was 8th in the Omnium and the 2 of them teamed up to take 5th in the Madison

Next weekend it moves on to Manchester. Hopefully I'll have better broadband then than I have now (Storm Ophelia took the line down and it's still not up again!!), and I'll try and remember to start a thread, probably on the ferry over

ES are showing it. The mens ominium was a good spectacle. Especially with the Pole getting silver.

The podiums they have are cool - inverted cassettes in gold, silver and bronze.

I only learned yesterday that this place is only a few k from where the sister in-law lives. Plans are afoot for a visit there next year for some riding!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    ES are showing it. The mens ominium was a good spectacle. Especially with the Pole getting silver.

The podiums they have are cool - inverted cassettes in gold, silver and bronze.

I only learned yesterday that this place is only a few k from where the sister in-law lives. Plans are afoot for a visit there next year for some riding!

I've ridden there and it's class. It's pretty loose organisationally I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

The podiums they have are cool - inverted cassettes

Isn't it just a tiny bit ironic to have cassette podiums at track championships? :P

Alek wrote: »
    Isn't it just a tiny bit ironic to have cassette podiums at track championships? :P

Misplaced, maybe. Ironic, no.

nee wrote: »
    I've ridden there and it's class. It's pretty loose organisationally I'd say...

Probabaly owned by the local mafia. The town is their hub I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

To me, not being able to wholly understand fixed gear racing, still yes :P
    The town is their hub I believe.

Definitely was in the 90'. Not so much these days I think....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It's not the most glamorous bit of Warsaw but I didn't think it was dodgy when I was over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Some nice bakeries there.

If you do get up on it mind the ads. Slippy. My memory was they let any gob****e up on it so some interesting and stupid crashes followed.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what sort of hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

she violated their social media policy; but she didn't tweet it.

nee wrote: »
    It's not the most glamorous bit of Warsaw but I didn't think it was dodgy when I was over there.

Ah, it's not even Warsaw. You only thought that cos you didn't understand them! The greatest trick Kevin Spacey ever played was convincing people that he had a limp. No wait, that's not it. You get the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Flipping hell this jiu jitsu lark is some craic. I reckon I'd feel as wrecked if I cycled over the gap in the nip in zero degrees. Worth it though, even though I've been off the bike a while I did 30kms on Saturday and still set a few prs on a regular route.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Why are you in the nip going over the gap?

CramCycle wrote: »

Clothes are over rated. Naked is so de rigeur right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

CramCycle wrote: »

Aero gains...whuuuh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement