Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Chuchote wrote: »
    I am not. I don't drive now.

Cars are surprisingly heavy http://cars.lovetoknow.com/List_of_Car_Weights
    yours was exceedingly heavy though, at 3 tons. there's not a single car on that list which weighed as much as yours.
    i drive a skoda octavia, i suppose a middling sized car; it weighs just under one and a half tons.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I have two 700x28 in the shed. They're too hard to get onto my current wheelset, so they only did a few km. They've been in the shed a few years, but they're absolutely fine, I think. Yours for free, if you want them. I live in Balally/Dundrum/whatever it's called.

Came through bigtime.

lUKfMJsm.jpg

Good thing theres no law regarding bald bicycle tyres (inner is still perfect).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

yours was exceedingly heavy though, at 3 tons. there's not a single car on that list which weighed as much as yours.
    i drive a skoda octavia, i suppose a middling sized car; it weighs just under one and a half tons.

Dunno; that was what the scrappers said my old Ford Mondeo weighed; that was what they paid me for. Maybe they were wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Chuchote wrote: »
    Dunno; that was what the scrappers said my old Ford Mondeo weighed; that was what they paid me for. Maybe they were wrong!
    How many bodies did you have in the boot?

Lumen wrote: »
    How many bodies did you have in the boot?

Only the goddess Kanon hanging from the mirror, and my Wheels of the World CD in the front, plus a couple of heavyish jacks that i donated with the car, not needing them any more. But they didn't weigh the car, they looked it up and said that was what it weighed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Maybe, knowing the vagaries of the non-metric systems, they were using a little known variant of the "ton". The Greenwich ton or something.

Just overheard the kids playing upstairs.
    This the new president of the USA. His name is Tigger.

Nice to have a steady hand on the tiller again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Rule 24 applies around here to mass too SI units only! Even a Range Rover only weighs around 2500kg. Maybe they gave weight in pounds an older mondeo weighs a bit under 1400kg~ 3000lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Can someone tell me the name of that light that is also a camera? Maybe I'm just sensitive at the moment, but seemed to get a lot of close passes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

buffalo wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the name of that light that is also a camera? Maybe I'm just sensitive at the moment, but seemed to get a lot of close passes today.

Fly 6 for the back. Fly 12 for the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Fly 6 for the back. Fly 12 for the front.

I have the Fly6. Chunky yoke, works well.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Maybe, knowing the vagaries of the non-metric systems, they were using a little known variant of the "ton". The Greenwich ton or something.

Dunno. I got me €150 and me car taken away so I was happy enough with what they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Raam wrote: »
    I have the Fly6. Chunky yoke, works well.

Yea. I got them both. One negative about the 12 is the size of the tightening yoke makes it awkward to mount under the bars. All good aside from that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

While both riders may have past indiscretions, i saw this photo posted elsewhere today and brought a smile to my face. Valverde and Contadors careers have coincided with my interest in pro cyling and this photo bookends two great careers
    hurl2t.jpg
    Top photo is from Tour of Romandie 2006 and second is from Ruta del Sol 2017

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Am getting perilously close to 10,000 posts !
    Any suggestions for the big one !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

RobFowl wrote: »

An expose about how you don't really like cycling?

*Runs... to the nearest bike. Flees*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

It seems like most of them are complaints about this thread title aren't they?...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

It seems like most of them are complaints about this thread title aren't they?...

I have grown to love it....

(this may not be true !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Just simply say: That will be all.

Hungrycol wrote: »

Just signed up for the Clontarf 10 mile so maybe it will be !

Moving to the AR or Tri forums ;)

• Advertisement

Hungrycol wrote: »

Mic drop.

Kramon_ParisRoubaix2013_DSC4863-Version-2.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Kramon_ParisRoubaix2013_DSC4863-Version-2.jpg

Where's the alpecin? I've been conned

Weepsie wrote: »
    Where's the alpecin? I've been conned

Thats me and lenny after a Vets race ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Thats me and lenny after a Vets race ;)

camera takes off 10kg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

Thoughts on gold chain on all black bike...

Yay or nay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

scott.s wrote: »

Yay or nay?

Awesome.
    22-1.jpg

{This is the one I was trying to insert as it's all black, but it's being non cooperative http://s790.photobucket.com/user/dubstar69/media/85_08a.jpg.html }

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

You mean, like?

a40251b4b95730ca0c720ccd09c6237f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

scott.s wrote: »

Yay or nay?

https://eurocyclist.wordpress.com/about/

Rule#42 covers this.
    So Yes, go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thought you were talking about the thread then, and panic started creeping in...

...anyway, I do have a plan. I'm going to reinstate a few of your deleted posts to ensure you leapfrog 10,000

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement