Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Noxegon wrote: »
    Bradley would suit me very well...

Should be your lucky day understand this along with LA will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

When is the announcement likely to be due?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    When is the announcement likely to be due?

Not sure but imminent.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not sure but imminent.
    Patiently watching to hear of Willie Walsh boarding a LHR-DUB flight.............

Tenger wrote: »
    Patiently watching to hear of Willie Walsh boarding a LHR-DUB flight.............

I wish he would hurry up, he may even bring some other news along with him;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

Should be your lucky day understand this along with LA will be announced.

Los Angeles, and Miami also if we are lucky! Seems to be the general rumour at the moment. They are usually correct this time of year!

LA seems definite at this stage.

aviator7 wrote: »
    Los Angeles, and Miami also if we are lucky! Seems to be the general rumour at the moment. They are usually correct this time of year!

LA seems definite at this stage.

I believe Miami was never a serious contender, EI management language would also back this up. It was the media who jumped on Miami and ran with it.

I believe Miami was never a serious contender, EI management language would also back this up. It was the media who jumped on Miami and ran with it.
    I am with you on this, however Stephen Kavanagh did namecheck MIA at some point around the FY2014 results in July.
    Granted, in early 2014 he mentioned "further expansion in Florida will happen" and it became a 4th DUB-MCO-DUB rotation.

personally I think MIA makes a lot of sense, connections with AA to South America, leisure traffic to Miami, and opportunities for cruise ship traffic. However MIA may be a little 'too sexy' for EI, perhaps it will happen post-OneWorld re-admittance?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

Tenger wrote: »
    I am with you on this, however Stephen Kavanagh did namecheck MIA at some point around the FY2014 results in July.
    Granted, in early 2014 he mentioned "further expansion in Florida will happen" and it became a 4th DUB-MCO-DUB rotation.

personally I think MIA makes a lot of sense, connections with AA to South America, leisure traffic to Miami, and opportunities for cruise ship traffic. However MIA may be a little 'too sexy' for EI, perhaps it will happen post-OneWorld re-admittance?

I would have thought so too. Although in the IAG scheme of things I guess Iberia has south America covered.

There is a lot of extra capacity with 2 x a330 & 1 x 757 on the way (Although Im not sure if the extra 757 is a definite - maybe someone else knows more about that). So I'm hoping it will be an interesting announcement this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

Anybody think British airways might lend aer lingus any long haul aircraft e.g. A380 or B747 for la or san fran ??

• Advertisement

Skuzchad wrote: »
    Anybody think British airways might lend aer lingus any long haul aircraft e.g. A380 or B747 for la or san fran ??

I very much doubt so. Trying to fill an A380/B747 to SFO from DUB would be impossible. These are new routes operated by an A332 at not even daily.

Not a chance.
    1) Marginal benefit to EI to be 'gifted' a type that they don't currently operate. Training costs alone would be prohibitive for 1-2 units.
    2) BA also would nto want to give up a valuable widebody that they themselves need.
    3) EI network works on frequency over capacity. A330 is the right sized aircraft for their operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Mentioned on airliners.net that it's likely to be LAX, Charlotte.

Misheard that - Hartford, CT. And both (LAX) have been loaded onto the EI website.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Just to revert to the Aer Lingus shorthaul plans, more information is available on their blog:

http://blog.aerlingus.com/
    More Flights and New Locations - Soak up the sun!

We're delighted to announce over 250,000 additional seats to popular holiday destinations as part of our 2016 Summer short haul schedule from Dublin, Cork and Shannon.

New short haul routes and increased capacity:
    • Dublin to Pisa, Murcia and Montpellier and recently launched Liverpool route to continue for summer
    • New twice weekly service from Cork to Dusseldorf for summer
    • Increase frequencies on Faro and Malaga routes and additional seats on London Heathrow from Shannon
    This combination of new routes, increased frequency and larger aircraft support 250,000 additional seats for summer 2016.

With 47%* of Irish people admitting they go on holiday because they crave sun, we're guaranteeing endless sunshine possibilities next summer with our short haul schedule.

Key highlights include:
    • Daily flights to the most popular Spanish and Portuguese sun spots and family favourites including Malaga, Alicante, Palma de Mallorca, Faro, Barcelona, Lanzarote, Lisbon and Bilbao
    • 18,000 additional seats on Malaga route as a result of a new mid-Friday morning flight bringing total number of daily flights to three on Fridays and Saturdays
    • Alicante route will see significant growth from four to seven weekly flights, resulting in 35,000 additional seats
    • 10 French destinations now served with a new service to Montpelier. Flights to Perpignan now extended from late April through to October
    • Pisa, direct access to the heart of Tuscany with a new three times weekly service. Flights are conveniently timed to connect with Aer Lingus transatlantic flights to New York, Boston and Chicago. Flights from Dublin to Venice will increase from five per week to six, amounting to 20% additional seats. Nine Italian destinations now served.
    • Pula (in Croatia) route will increase in frequency by 60%, now offering three weekly services and 8,000 additional seats

​* Nationally representative survey of 1,000 adults commissioned by Aer Lingus; quota controlled by age, gender and region. Survey conducted between 5th and 12th August 2015.

Announcing Alicante as our newest destination for Summer 2016

We're delighted to share details of our 2016 summer schedule including a brand new route from Belfast to Alicante and more frequency on existing flights to sun routes in 2016.

The new route will operate five services per week to Alicante on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, starting 29th April 2016.

Services to both Faro and Malaga will increase from seven flights to nine per week, with additional flights now operating on Tuesday and Thursday, amounting to 40,000 additional seats.

Flights to Palma will increase from two services per week to five, operating on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with 25,000 extra seats.

Flights between Belfast City Airport and London Heathrow will benefit from a 21% capacity increase. This is due to the deployment of a larger A320 aircraft adding 35,000 extra seats over the summer schedule.

2015 saw huge demand for flights to the sun from George Best Belfast City Airport which has resulted in the introduction of a larger A320 aircraft on all sun routes for Summer 2016.

​Flights to all our Summer 2016 destinations are now on sale, with fares from Belfast to new destination Alicante starting from £39.99 one-way, including taxes and charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Spotted elsewhere and it works for me too- select Berlin All Airports on EI website and Bradley and LAX are listed as destinations...

Spotted elsewhere and it works for me too- select Berlin All Airports on EI website and Bradley and LAX are listed as destinations...

Was Berlin All Airports not there already? Switching from Schonefeld to Tegel at the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Pretty sure they would have been there already as all destinations served by jet blue were always loaded allowing you to book a single itinerary.

Edit :re-reading what I wrote, I didn't realise you meant from TGL /SXF. Could be someone in EI has boo boo'd and let the cat out of the bag early by loading the new destinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Hartford only available to Berlin (All Airports), and LAX only comes up as available to Berlin and SNN. I would say that someone accidentally made them available before the announcement. Hartford isn't even on the route map which contains all the transfer options as it wasn't a transfer option for Aer Lingus so wasn't there previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IrishAir98

lord lucan wrote: »
    Pretty sure they would have been there already as all destinations served by jet blue were always loaded allowing you to book a single itinerary.

Only flights on EI metal show up when booking from BER - all airports, no JetBlue connections seem to appear just the likes of JFK, MCO, BOS, ORD ex DUB. Looks like someone in the IT department got ahead of time

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lockheed

12112248_1504815456510152_748113839625501969_n.jpg?oh=95afde306bb17a6409fe36ffef549a7b&oe=5687DC54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Was Berlin All Airports not there already? Switching from Schonefeld to Tegel at the end of this month.
    Yeah it's shown Berlin All Airports for some time now, certainly since they announced the upcoming move from SXF to TXL. No new route, though will be interested to see if EI increase density on the Berlin route as FR have announced. Berlin is becoming a popular place to live and work. It's also very popular with people travelling to/from western Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭dogcat

So it is a flight from Berlin to Hartford and LAX, or Dublin? Sorry, confused about it!

dogcat wrote: »
    So it is a flight from Berlin to Hartford and LAX, or Dublin? Sorry, confused about it!
    It's just a connecting flight, so EI will sell you a through ticket from Berlin (or wherever) to US destinations, changing planes in Dublin. This is nothing new of course.

murphaph wrote: »
    It's just a connecting flight, so EI will sell you a through ticket from Berlin (or wherever) to US destinations, changing planes in Dublin. This is nothing new of course.
    I see. Can you only buy from Berlin or would you be able to buy from Dublin too?

I see. Can you only buy from Berlin or would you be able to buy from Dublin too?
    Yes, you can book any EI flight from Dublin that originates there. Any weird behaviour in the system now is just some glitch. These flights will all be bookable ex Dublin.

murphaph wrote: »
    Yes, you can book any EI flight from Dublin that originates there. Any weird behaviour in the system know is just some glitch. These flights will all be bookable ex Dublin.
    Finally a flight to LAX again!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

When are they making the long haul announcements ???

Ethopian Airlines fly from Dublin-Los Angeles since June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Ethiopian have a 3x weekly flight already.

Edit: Carnacalla got there before me.

• Advertisement

When are they making the long haul announcements ???

I think the aerogeeks on facebook, A.net and here on boards have just done so (with a little help from a glitch on EI.com)

Advertisement