Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for Mayo v Dublin replay MOD WARNING POST #108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

If ye turn to twitter, SV is selling away.

Please ignore GAA HQ bull. And keep calm, we'll get them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

P_Cash wrote: »

I phoned my local store and gone. They have none. Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Not to be taking advantage of panic here, but i'm desperate for hurling tickets. Got 6 Cusack last night but will swap all of them for 2 hurling final tickets. All at face value etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FalconGirl wrote: »
    1 drunk person, 1 kebab, 1 laptop. 2am this morning. See ye in Croker next Saturday. Hon Mayo

I would be checking to see if you've recently bought tickets for the Skyline tour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

PARlance wrote: »
    I would be checking to see if you've recently bought tickets for the Skyline tour :)

....or a parking ticket for Clonliffe College:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Not to be taking advantage of panic here, but i'm desperate for hurling tickets. Got 6 Cusack last night but will swap all of them for 2 hurling final tickets. All at face value etc etc

Except that is sort of what you're doing.

You bought tickets for an event you have little interest in attending (I assume), to use as leverage for tickets you DO want.

Could you not leave the Mayo vs. Dublin tickets to Mayo and Dublin fans and get your hurling tickets without holding genuine fans to ransom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

Keep calm, I can't remember the last time a replay sold out that wasn't a final, also I reckon only about 20,000 went on public sale, there's no minor match either. So everyone who wants a ticket will get one in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

martyos121 wrote: »
    Except that is sort of what you're doing.

You bought tickets for an event you have little interest in attending (I assume), to use as leverage for tickets you DO want.

Could you not leave the Mayo vs. Dublin tickets to Mayo and Dublin fans and get your hurling tickets without holding genuine fans to ransom?

No, when I bought the tickets I had every intention of heading along to the replay with a few friends. I'd say I attend multiple times as many football matches as many of the bandwagoners in the crowd, and as there were less than 10k Mayo fans at their most important match in Connacht this year (cant speak for Dubs), i'm not in the slightest bit guilty about taking a seat.

Just thought it might be mutually beneficial if a fan had tickets to a hurling game his county is not involved in. If anything by offering 6 for 2, im letting others take advatage of my panic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Barlett wrote: »
    Keep calm, I can't remember the last time a replay sold out that wasn't a final, also I reckon only about 20,000 went on public sale, there's no minor match either. So everyone who wants a ticket will get one in my opinion.

I don't know. I think it's different for this match. There has been no problem getting a ticket for All Ireland semi final football matches the last few years yet this match was a sell out. Even the 2012 semi between the same teams there were tickets available on the day.

I think the replay will be the same if not harder to get tickets after what happened in the first game. I've never seen the tickets.ie site crash due to demand for gaa tickets and I use it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No, when I bought the tickets I had every intention of heading along to the replay with a few friends. I'd say I attend multiple times as many football matches as many of the bandwagoners in the crowd, and as there were less than 10k Mayo fans at their most important match in Connacht this year (cant speak for Dubs), i'm not in the slightest bit guilty about taking a seat.

Just thought it might be mutually beneficial if a fan had tickets to a hurling game his county is not involved in. If anything by offering 6 for 2, im letting others take advatage of my panic

Fair enough, wasn't trying to jump on you there, it just didn't come across very good in your post. If you added all that you said there, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. My bad.

Hope you get your hurling tickets, but I wouldn't count on that trade, there will be plenty of club tickets going around for the replay, so there's no huge panic yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Explain that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

martyos121 wrote: »
    Touting should be illegal. F'n scumbags.

At least I can sort tickets from the local club, I feel bad for the ones who don't have that option.

This is a big thing for me. And from the outset I do not begrudge it and it's great you have that. But as a dub fan living down the country it is a right pain in the hole. Been to all the championship games, the league final, and a number of league games this year with my son yet cannot not get tickets due to this fiasco.

I would nearly be tempted to pay a tout so as to not have to tell him we cant get but I wont.

As said restrictions need to be placed in relation to touts. Surely processing 13 tickets should set off alarm bells

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

So what's changed in a few hours?

You were in the Dublin thread last night trying to shift them too, saying you'd "beaten the system".
    You knew exactly what you were doing as far as im concerned, its pretty ****ing blatant actually :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭duefrine

If anyone has 1 spare ticket for the match, I would be most great full......

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 15,100 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

P_Cash wrote: »

Just visited my local SV and they are seeing the same tickets.ie screen as I am. "Not for sale"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Email from season ticket office regarding payment for the game on Saturday and our allocation:
    Hi BonnieSituation,

Thank you for your email.

Details have not yet been confirmed.
    You will be receiving an email with all this information this evening or first thing tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Katherine

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Alright - same rules as the AI final ticket thread here

DO NOT post personal contact details (phone no., email, home address etc). Any ticket transactions should be done via PM.

One of the main things is that we do not like touts. If you're selling tickets, do so at face value. Selling tickets above face value leads to the tickets being cancelled by the GAA resulting in punishments to the club the tickets were assigned to. Anyone selling tickets for above face value will be banned until the end of the championship. If you receive a PM offering tickets above face value, please report it and action will be taken. If you're looking to buy tickets, don't offer to pay more than face value.

Unfortunately, Premium (or Príomh) tickets can't be sold here. The terms and conditions of Premium level tickets preclude selling them on for any price and the GAA are clamping down on any of these tickets found online by banning the owner.

Keep the thread civil, already handed out a few cards here

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

Myself and 6 year old have been in croker all summer. When gaa say it's sold out. Is there any chance of wangling a few family tickets (man and son)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, no more tickets are going on sale. Post your request in the tickets thread & someone may sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Contact your club and they could have an allocation. The family tickets through the club are a tenner for adults and €3 for kids as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Keep the thread civil, already handed out a few cards here

Can we vote for you to ref the replay as the ref yesterday didn't know how to hand out cards.

When do people think the remaining tickets will go on sale online? If they are doing postal delivery only, Wednesday would be too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No, no more tickets are going on sale. Post your request in the tickets thread & someone may sort you out.
    Ronin247 wrote: »
    Can we vote for you to ref the replay as the ref yesterday didn't know how to hand out cards.

When do people think the remaining tickets will go on sale online? If they are doing postal delivery only, Wednesday would be too late.

can just do paper print outs sure, i would expect maybe some tickets Friday night/Saturday morning may come available, as to where they go or how they are sold i have no idea. The tickets i'm talking about are from those who have Parnell Passes and don't buy their tickets. You have until Friday to collect the tickets.

With the Ireland game on Thursday, wouldn't be surprised to find people having booked a the week away and therefore no around for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Season ticket holders have the bring a friend option for 2 tickets as per email I just received.

Tickets in Cusack 314 & 703

Sold out as of 9.36.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

A familiar story..
    Father and son at all matches and now frozen out!
    Would appreciate a pm if anyone has unlikely spares for Dublin mayo or even a steer on how to salvage my self confidence!

I'd love to know how the GAA can justify releasing 10's of thousands of tickets in an office in Dublin where people can buy as many as they like. Yet on the other side of the country Zero are for sale ?????? How is that allowed.

Even Supervalue got no tickets here to sell, yet i know of other counties in Leinster where Supervalue were selling Hill tickets for hours. There won't be much more than 20K Mayo fans at this rate.

The Dub touts have them for sale already online. Way to go GAA...........

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

I'd love to know how the GAA can justify releasing 10's of thousands of tickets in an office in Dublin where people can buy as many as they like. Yet on the other side of the country Zero are for sale ?????? How is that allowed.

Even Supervalue got no tickets here to sell, yet i know of other counties in Leinster where Supervalue were selling Hill tickets for hours. There won't be much more than 20K Mayo fans at this rate.

The Dub touts have them for sale already online. Way to go GAA...........

How is releasing them online releasing them exclusively to Dublin? Supervalu works off tickets.ie as well so not sure what the complaint is here?

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    How is releasing them online releasing them exclusively to Dublin? Supervalu works off tickets.ie as well so not sure what the complaint is here?

You couldn't buy them online the website crashed. They were been sold out of an office in Dorset street, Dublin. There was no limit with some people buying 16 tickets. Its several hundred profit for the touts while the fans pay the cost. Another shambles by the GAA.

I know for a fact that some Supervalues near Dublin did have tickets, maybe they physically collected them. There was none went for sale in Castlebar or Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Danjamin1 wrote: »

Mostly a lurker here, but had to pick up this one.
    It's pretty obvious that releasing any tickets on Sunday night online favoured Dubs over the Mayo fans who attended the game and were still travelling home at the time.
    Also, the lack of controls over max number of tickets for those physically sold in Dublin yesterday played perfectly into the touts hands.
    That is an absolute disgrace.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss the replay as I will be away, but am suspecting there'll be more dubs than Mayo fans due to the farcical distribution so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

There was no limit with some people buying 16 tickets. Its several hundred profit for the touts while the fans pay the cost. Another shambles by the GAA.

I know for a fact that some Supervalues near Dublin did have tickets, maybe they physically collected them. There was none went for sale in Castlebar or Westport.
    It's pretty obvious that releasing any tickets on Sunday night online favoured Dubs over the Mayo fans who attended the game and were still travelling home at the time.
    Also, the lack of controls over max number of tickets for those physically sold in Dublin yesterday played perfectly into the touts hands.
    That is an absolute disgrace.

Ok I agree in full about the caps on tickets per person, that's outrageous & I've said as much previously.

Didn't think about the timing in relation to people travelling home, it's a fair point. Very poor oversight by the GAA.

As for Supervalu I have no idea how they have tickets, I've only ever seen them go on tickets.ie to book tickets. I asked about this specifically in a Supervalu in advance of the game on Sunday and they told me they get no allocation, they use the same booking system as the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Prisk

Hey everyone, looking for 2 tickets for the game, any stand.

Got as far as selecting my seats yesterday and then tickets.ie timed my session out.

If anyone has 2 spare that would be fantastic. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement