Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US OPEN August 31 - September 13 2015 (SEE MOD NOTE POST #8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Be nice if the crowd were a bit fairer to Djokovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Federer overdoing the sabr, had a good chance to break there.
    Some terrible unforced errors by Federer in that last game, can't be doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

RobertKK wrote: »
    Be nice if the crowd were a bit fairer to Djokovic.

When Federer retires they will be all about him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

This is playing out exactly like Wimbledon. Federer fights back, takes the second and then gives away a moronic break at the start of the 3rd.

Being 40-15 up against Novak and throwing it away, you just CAN'T do that against him. You will get few chances to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

I've never seen a crowd like this. It's on the same level as when Murray was a game away from winning Wimbledon. Groans and sighs every time he loses a point and it's clear who their man is. Big test for Djokovic having 25,000 people against him. On the one hand, you'd like to see Djokovic get a bit more support but it's sport and Djokovic has to deal with it. It's making for a fantastic atmosphere anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Arytonblue

Alright Rog, you've gotten away with it and got the break back, now please for the love of god no more weak ass service games that gift Djokovic breaks! Fed simply has to win this set.

In a perfect tennis world, Federer breaks his grand slam drought, and Djokovic wins the French Open next year...finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Is Djokovic been heckled on his serve?

Djokovic is looking dejected, he has done nothing to deserve that crowd.

Crowd are pretty ignorant

Djokovic looks like he is tired but he could be playing possum like he often does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

Is Djokovic been heckled on his serve?

Sure sounds like it!
    The crowd is very annoying, even when djokovic faults first they cheer as if he lost the point!

The atmosphere has been great but it's disappointing to hear heckling between Djokovic's first and seconds serves.

SABR very effective on deuce but Roger fails to convert break point under relentless pressure from Novak. This really has been worth the wait- some brilliant tennis from both.

Typical, playing possum.
    Djokovic could steal this set after being on the ropes for most of the set

She is an excellent umpire.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Arytonblue

Well Federer had his chances, Novak was immense but again Roger coughs up a 40-15 lead on serve and while he has been better in the last two sets, you just can't do that against Novak in a majors final. I'd say that's that unfortunately. Some great quality tennis though.

How did Federer lose that set?

I wouldn't begrudge Djokovic this grand slam, I am changing my opinion on who I want to win.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Nothing has got past Asderaki tonight. Best umpire in the game.

What can you say; 40-15 to being broken AGAIN and thus losing the set. As good as Novaks defense was in that break at 4-4, too many errors from Fed.

Federer leaving behind even more break points at Wimbledon, Novak always finds the serves and winners when he needs it.

This match is done in 4.

I am sure I heard booing when Djokovic broke there.

• Advertisement

John.Icy wrote: »
    What can you say; 40-15 to being broken AGAIN and thus losing the set. As good as Novaks defense was in that break at 4-4, too many errors from Fed.

Federer leaving behind even more break points at Wimbledon, Novak always finds the serves and winners when he needs it.

This match is done in 4.

Thats the problem with this Federer.

He doesn't take his break points against players like Djokovic and Nadal and then follows it up with a dud serve game.

There was a time Federer would need just one break point to win a set ,he used to be ruthless,that's what he has lost and its more mental than physical.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am sure I heard booing when Djokovic broke there.

So did I. Pathetic.

Was actually rooting for Roger at the beginning of this but I'm happy it looks like Djokovic is gonna be shutting them up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Eva is killing it in the chair. Why they keep challenging, I do not know.

She's even keeping reasonably good control of the crowd.

Federer 0/9 on break points on second serve.
    That is what this match boils down to.

Thats simply inexcusable.

Eva is killing it in the chair. Why they keep challenging, I do not know.

She's even keeping reasonably good control of the crowd.

She's like a human Hawk-Eye. Very impressive calls and as you say, keeping good control of the crowd as well.

It's so frustrating to see Federer consistently fail to take his break point chances. His forehand has almost completely deserted him too. 53 unforced errors compared to 35 for Novak.

Criminal of Roger to go cross court, TO DJOKOVIC, on break point when down the line was safe.

And now he gives away the break.

I'd say you couldn't make it up, but no, it's gotten obvious.

If you were under pressure, you would want Novak on your side.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Criminal of Roger to go cross court, TO DJOKOVIC, on break point when down the line was safe.

And now he gives away the break.

I'd say you couldn't make it up, but no, it's gotten obvious.

He has been doing that all night ,keeps going cross court when you could drive a bus down the line .

I feel sorry for Federer ,if he simply took his break points this match would be over by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,059 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lindsay Gibbs ‏@linzsports 5m5 minutes ago
    Roger has been as bad on crucial points in the later part of his career as he was untouchable on crucial points during his peak.
    33 retweets 18 favourites

Top tweet that, this game was their for the taking for Roger but he blew the big points sadly, the story of his last few slam encounters with Novak.

• Advertisement

Stadium is probably not even 3/4's full, hasn't been since the 3rd set.

Madness.

Advertisement