Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭JMcL

Garmin 530 from Alltricks €209 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Chain Reaction

Fabric Scoop- great seat!!!

lifeline outfront mount

Lifeline black bar tape

Aliexpress

160 & 140mm disc rotors(SRAM,who new!)

Ztto semi metallic pads

Planet X UK

Shoes 29.99 (bargain!)

Podsacs saddle bags x 2

bottle cages x 2

bottles x 2

Socks x 1

herself will kick me ass!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Taken a punt (particularly on the sizing) on All Tricks own brand shoes (NEATT) - to replace my DHB ones*, so only replacing one own brand with another. Added their own brand cleats too, and some spare brake cartridges.

*turns out when you lose weight you lose it everywhere, including you're feet. Not only was I not "big boned" I didn't really have wide feet either...

Post edited by Macy0161 on

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Although it arrived yestersay, I needed to replace a pair of bib shorts so ordered two from Galibier. Also decided to treat myself to another top so added their new Étape jersey to the order and will try it out today. As they often do, I was treated to a pair of free socks also 👍

Hunt 40/50 Carbon Wheelset. Took the plunge after lots of research and can't wait to take them for a spin when they land. Not sure they'll make me any faster but they'll look and sound good! Bought my first disc bike and the free hub went, and while it is under warranty, I have nothing but rim wheels in the shed. That's how I'm justifying the spend anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Can you let me know how that jersey is in person? I'd been eyeing it up myself!

I've worn it twice, once under a jacket and once under a lovely hot Saturday sky.

Felt grand, no discomfort or anything. I'm quite happy with it.

(or when you said "in person" did you want me to model it for you?)

DM only 😉

Moreso whether it looks as nice in person as you expected it to!

It makes me look absolutely fabulous! If I suck in my stomach I nearly look attractive.

However, I had it in my head when ordering that it was a shade of blue rather than forest green so was surprised when I first saw it but I really do like the colours now.

I also have the Peloton Riviere jersey which I got last year and possibly prefer but that is just my personal taste (both are light and comfy).

So now I'm waiting on a Galibier Etape jersey 😋

Also ordered their trail shorts. Separately ordered some socks and a DHB short sleeve jersey from CRC. And my new Edge 1030 plus arrived yesterday. So a good week all round 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

I've been going back and forth on getting a pair of the trail shorts (although at this stage, if I buy any more of their gear, I'll look like a billboard for them)

When the shotrs arrive, would you post your impression of them?

Will do 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I saw your original post about this, I went on to Galibier site, saw a blue colour too. I was just about to buy it when I reread the description of how it is made of recycled material, but one of their last lines copped me on - "If you don't need it, don't buy it", I don't know what happened, but I worked it out that I absolutely don't need another jersey at the moment (but I really like this and want it, I just have to work up to needing it, especially now that I know it's green, not blue)

Maybe we are both colour blind!

Still it is a nice jersey that is both different and distinctive

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Tyres just arrived from planet x in my first post Brexit order once I saw they are 0 rated for tax. Came quickly too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Le Col all weather gillet in merlot. Looking forward to it!

https://lecol.cc/products/pro-all-weather-gilet?variant=39611179696191

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did you use a Strava discount and referral code for that? Could be a much better deal if so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I got the £50 voucher thing from Strava in March and used that. I didn't notice the offer until well after I had placed the order.

I do still have the code though so I'd like to share that with someone if they are planning to make a purchase from Le Col!

Not sure if the branded gilet is the same style as the one I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The one that you get with the referral code is the Sport Logo gilet. I don't have the All Weather one so I can't compare - the Sport Logo is very light but packs up quite small, definitely worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

I ordered 2 Camelbak Podium bottles in Halfords, but they're not in the post. I have to collect them.

I also ordered 2 pairs of platform pedals from AliExpress. They look like crank brothers copies

• Advertisement

Yet more Galibier stuff. I really need to ask them for a loyalty card at this stage!

Just ordered this tee...

You should get a referral bonus @Seth Brundle ordered one for myself 😁

EDIT: Just spotted they have vintage issues of cycling weekly for €2 one random per customer so added one of those too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Qr adapters and spacers for my Zonda disc wheels from bike components. Ordered Wednesday night, they're in Ireland as of early this morning.

Loads of namedsprt hydration powder, co2 cartridges and some tubes landed today from alltricks too. Ordered same time and arrived quickly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i see galibier have equipe shorts in S and XS for €33, that's a proper bargain if that's your size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Ordered some parts from Chain Reaction early last week. Still waiting for delivery. The delivery is much slower now than in the past and the costs look to be creeping up compared to other online retailers. Think I'll order from Germany next time. It's a shame as they used to be excellent before the buyout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Got these Endura Humvee Shorts last week https://www.bike24.com/p2203725.html

Amazing quality and comfort - comes with a padded liner that's held in with about a dozen press studs. I decided I should get a spare liner and googled them to discover that Cyclesuperstore have them in stock. Happy days !

How is the sizing in those? is the German size and size in inches accurate?

Seems to be accurate. I'm a 39/40 waist and the XXL is perfect. Cyclesuperstore in Tallaght appear to have them in stock so maybe you could try them on. Pretty much the same price also when you factor in the shipping charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

have the medium and am 33/34 inch waist.. prob too big but they are "baggies" .got them on wiggle a few years ago after seeing a bargain alert on here for €30.27

• Advertisement

That was a bargain!

They are over €60 now. Worth it though I think.

Advertisement