Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Dónal wrote: »
    Good bit of snow beyond the Viewpoint, going towards Glencree.

rkFXrrI.jpg?1.jpg

I love that you parked your bike against the "No Parking" sign to build a wee snowman and take a photo :D:D:D

Great pic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Graces7 wrote: »
    The skyscapes in all the photos are amazing and utterly beautiful. Full of life and change

Great potential for a timelapse video of the rolling cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Hard frost in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

What does the latest models look like for snow in Dublin next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That 9pm forecast was lovely and optimistic, showing "wintry showers" up the west coast. Fecking raining here West Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,163 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pissing rain again here in east Galway
    Again not forecast
    DEPRESSING
    on this
    I've found the met short range forecast almost worthless the past few weeks.
    had been very accurate up till then
    now it doesn't even show what's going on within an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bitterly oppressively cold night and some falls of something. Very still now. met ie forecast is not happy....northerly gale they say. Ah well! At least a quiet start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Bitterly cold frosty morning here in waterfront city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Forever21 wrote: »
    Bitterly cold frosty morning here in waterfront city.

Ditto in Clonmel real January weather. Nothing exceptional but given our winter weather over the past few years a little unusual I suppose. I think we're in for a short spell of this but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

1.4C in Naas, cold but no frost just wet and cloudy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Lucreto wrote: »
    1.4C in Naas, cold but no frost just wet and cloudy.

Extremely frosty in Sallins this morning, weird it wasn't in Naas !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

What does the latest models look like for snow in Dublin next week?

It looks like wintry showers will be mostly over northern and western parts. Too early to say but Dublin might be lucky enough to get a dusting if something manages to hold together by the time it reaches the east coast and if conditions are on the right side of marginal for low levels.

126-780UK_aiq6.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

A lot of frosty weather on the cards now for next 7 days at least. Overall the models hold some interest still for those hoping for snow in the longer term with high pressure around Greenland popping up again in FI on the last 3 GFS runs but it looks messy. As it stands widespread snow is not likely for Ireland in the near term bar the northern parts I guess. A lot of winter left so let's keep watching the models!

Brutal weather here now; South Kerry 400 asl. The named storms were at least courteously warm. ah well! Just bitter out there. Sideways icy rain from north west. Dratted half full coal bag trying to take off sideways as I filled the bucket! Sorted; hot soup simmering and boiling water but no respite out there. Snow still atop the mountains and if this as met ie forecasts turns to snow there will be serious drifting tonight. Interesting re what they call " vernacular architecture. How these old houses were built with no doors or windows on the north facing wall. This old house was renovated and they added a door and two windows facing north and nothing on this earth stops the wind getting in at the back. Old ways worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Chance for icy rain/sleet around for a time tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

ARPEGE snowfall extent.

arpegeuk-45-72-0_ugc7.png

Another cold and wet night! Different sounds on the windows this morning but dark and wet out there. Interesting typos on met ie for munster... "Cloudy and breezy on Wednesday with widespread showers on and off through the day. Some of which will be heavy, with the some wintry falls, manly over higher ground. Dry spells too, but with limited sunshine. Bitterly cold, with highest temperatures of just 3 to 6 degrees Celsius, best values for southern fringes. Westerly winds will be mostly moderate in strength "
    Another hot soup and as many cats as possible day ;) Checking the news and a slew of crashes as folk are not realising the conditions. Two fatalities, please stay safe if you are out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another hot soup and as many cats as possible day ;) Checking the news and a slew of crashes as folk are not realising the conditions. Two fatalities, please stay safe if you are out...

Just on a point of accuracy. Those Two fatalities (near my home) were not weather related at all. I'm sure not all crashes are either.

Wet windy and cool this morning but it is January after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Just on a point of accuracy. Those Two fatalities (near my home) were not weather related at all. I'm sure not all crashes are either.

Wet windy and cool this morning but it is January after all.

Ok, but I m sure Graces point is well taken.

Redbishop wrote: »

Oh I'm sure but don't jump to conclusions or exaggerate the conditions by attributing deaths to the weather when not even the media suggested any such thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Oh I'm sure but don't jump to conclusions or exaggerate the conditions by attributing deaths to the weather when not even the media suggested any such thing.

Sad anyway. Poor guys.
    What did happen?

Sad anyway. Poor guys.
    What did happen?

I'd rather not say here, for the sake of families involved.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-truck-drivers-die-as-four-counties-see-crashes-on-the-roads-715041.html Redbishop, please ignore Srameen;s posts when he replies to me. I am reporting his posts as I have done before. Thank you and for your kindness..

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

I'd rather not say here, for the sake of families involved.
    ye can read it in the papers ffs

Dear friends...signing out a I am very very fragile and unwell. I fully and sincerely hope that you get the weather you so desire and love and if anything I have posted has brought pleasure then I am happy and at peace. Tears and upset here but then there we are. Blessings and peace

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Dear friends...signing out a I am very very fragile and unwell. I fully and sincerely hope that you get the weather you so desire and love and if anything I have posted has brought pleasure then I am happy and at peace. Tears and upset here but then there we are. Blessings and peace

I really enjoy reading your posts.Take care :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Grace and Srameen - there's a pair of you in it. Stick each other on ignore or I'll simply site ban the pair of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

dear graces i dont post in here anymore as i am very busy but i enjoy your kind words and banter whilst trying to learn at the same time . we all have a common interest in the weather and most peoples intentions are good here. looking forward to your updates .:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Lets get back to talking about the weather (and not people/individual members on Boards).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Its feckin Cold

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement