Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Shenshen wrote: »
    Lidl here currently have a Camembert spread as part of their special offers for Easter. It's in the fridge section, in little tubs, and I think it tastes absolutely divine!
    It's just so nice an cheesy, you really get Camembert flavour out of it. Would recommend it with a fresh pretzel!

Ooh, is it like Obazda? Haven't been to Lidl for the past two weeks since my last disastrous shop there, I miss it :(
    Do they still sell their fresh bakery stuff or is that no longer allowed now? Not that I would want to buy rolls or bread there at the moment anyway since it's out in the open and unprotected...
    I have pretzels from the last Alpenfest weeks in the freezer, need to get that spread I think...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bakery is still going.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Space Dog wrote: »
    Ooh, is it like Obazda? Haven't been to Lidl for the past two weeks since my last disastrous shop there, I miss it :(
    Do they still sell their fresh bakery stuff or is that no longer allowed now? Not that I would want to buy rolls or bread there at the moment anyway since it's out in the open and unprotected...
    I have pretzels from the last Alpenfest weeks in the freezer, need to get that spread I think...

It's a lot milder than Obadzda, unfortunately. I don't think you can do that with just camembert, you need a good stinker as well. But very similar in texture.
    They've still got the bakery going, but in my Lidl they now pack the fresh products into paper bags before putting them on the shelves. Their pretzels go in packs of 3 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

any of the (instant) Coffee's in LIDL any good?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Debub wrote: »

I get the Colombian one.
    It does the job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Roald Dahl

They have their delicious Deluxe Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil again. Bought a bottle of it last week. Very, very tasty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

They also do a Batista type instant in the metal can. Bit mawkish I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    They also do a Batista type instant in the metal can. Bit mawkish I find.

Always hoped he'd lend his name to higher quality coffee ;)

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi, has anyone seen the 24 inch sharp tv/dvd combo in their local Lidl?

Supposed to come in to store last Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

lassykk wrote: »
    Always hoped he'd lend his name to higher quality coffee ;)

image.png

Nice package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone seen the 24 inch sharp tv/dvd combo in their local Lidl?

I think I did in 2002.

The Haagen Dazs Belgium Chocolate, Mango Raspberry both at good deals - time to stock up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Debub wrote:
    The Haagen Dazs Belgium Chocolate, Mango Raspberry both at good deals - time to stock up

I got a salted caramel one yesterday too.

I got a salted caramel one yesterday too.

oooh yes - that one too - nice

Got this as well - nice and painful :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Got this as well - nice and painful :-)

just why

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The endorphins man. The endorphins!!!

I actually like chillies/spice, most of the sauces here are pretty mild for my taste, this one is good - but i must say, tho it is fairly good on the hotness quotient, the flavour is not that good - still a rare actually hot sauce :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

akelly02 wrote: »
    just why

We need something to pour on a pepperoni pizza to try replicate the experience of an Inferno pizza :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Nal wrote: »
    I think I did in 2002.

Just because u have no interest in tv/dvd combos, don’t mean u can mock people who do.

Obviously there is still a market for these kind of tvs otherwise they still wouldn’t be produced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

fin12 wrote: »
    Just because u have no interest in tv/dvd combos, don’t mean u can mock people who do.

Obviously there is still a market for these kind of tvs otherwise they still wouldn’t be produced.

You need a sense of humour - maybe you lost it in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I was looking out last week for the hot chili ketchup they were supposed to be getting in, but no sign of it or the mild or medium varieties either, did they come in at all?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

750 ml Deluxe Sicilian lemon Fizzy Drink at 1.99 is really good

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saw beef fat par-cooked frozen chips today - gave them a try with dinner.

They're like what you'd get in an English pub or older fashioned chipper over there, I liked them but that may not be to your tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Took a punt on the black and white pudding sausages today, haven't tried them yet. Are they nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Fruit + Custard Strudel (Frozen - 30 / 35 mins in oven)

Great value at 99 cents.

2K1ZhFT.jpg

This is what ½ the pie looks like:

Ypl3CWQ.jpg

CZzmRKM.jpg

ksghQOE.jpg

Any apple+custard ones?

Thargor wrote: »
    Took a punt on the black and white pudding sausages today, haven't tried them yet. Are they nice?

If they're the same as the last time they had them, they're... odd.

L1011 wrote: »
    If they're the same as the last time they had them, they're... odd.
    I liked them in the end but only as part of a big fry, wouldn't be in a hurry to buy again but wouldn't say no either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Just joining this thread to mention Lidl's ancient grain loaf - I don't know what magic they add to it, it's delicious!

Advertisement