Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I like the new roasted hazelnuts. Sold in the bag.
    Decent value.

I wish they brought back the by weight roasted almonds though, they were great.

The nuts, generally, in Lidl are very good. We regularly buy, Brazil nuts, almonds, cashews and walnuts! The unsalted pistachios are great too - once you get used to the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know do Lidl sell fish stock cubes? Aldi dont and I cant find any in the local Dunnes or Supervalue either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know do Lidl sell fish stock cubes? Aldi dont and I cant find any in the local Dunnes or Supervalue either.

I don't think so. Knorr definitely do them, strange that your Dunnes and SV didn't have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Chicken beef and veg only I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Lidl spice box is exactly the same as the Aldi one I noticed they were in the reduced to clear section also. Probably not selling great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Went in first thing this morning to get banshee bones as I knew they were popular. Apparently my store decided to put them out three days ahead of schedule and they were already sold out! Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I went to two different lidl’s , 1st one said they hadn’t got them in and I got the last bag of banshee bones in the other lidl I went too. Also picked up two more bags in Aldi then after.

Really nice Halloween decorations in Lidl, picked up a screaming straw and pumpkin lights. Pretty good quality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

If anyone is near Carrick on Shannon & wants Banshee bones, there's loads in that Lidl.
    Says meself with 36 packets of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Beer Battered Onion Rings are back!

The BBOR are something else. Should definitely be a stock item imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

prodsc wrote: »
    Beer Battered Onion Rings are back!

Are they deep fry or can they be oven cooked?.

They are oven cooked. If you leave them on for an extra 5 mins they are just the right mix of crunchy and tasty.

Actually im not sure if you can deep fry them i didnt look to see.

Are they deep fry or can they be oven cooked?.

You can oven cook or deep fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They are perfect out of an airfryer, Id say deep frying them again wouldnt be the healthiest option...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not food related but does anyone know if those rechargeable batteries are in Lidl all year round or do I have to wait for them to come up in offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭patspost

Rechargeable batteries are specials im afraid.
    you could be luck and find a few from when they were last in.
    don't know when that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Christmas boxes of branded sweets in now, Heros Roses etc. Under a fiver. Ive a few stashed away already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

tringle wrote: »
    Christmas boxes of branded sweets in now, Heros Roses etc. Under a fiver. Ive a few stashed away already.

In for the last few weeks. €4.90 a tub

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

How big are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

See Aldi have started a 50% off weekend special!

See Aldi have started a 50% off weekend special!

They have a new Amazing 6 that lasts for 2 weeks. Do you have a link to the weekend offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Lidl Nasi Goreng is fantastic.

I fry it up with chinese five spice, chopped garlic, soy sauce, teriaki sauce, spring onion, and prawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The Christmas stuff is in (booo!), and the Marzipan Logs are back (hurray!!!)

All's well with the world ..... well, nearly......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

When did the avocados increase so much?
    Nearly a €1 each now.

They recently only cost €0.69c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Esse85 wrote: »
    When did the avocados increase so much?
    Nearly a €1 each now.

They recently only cost €0.69c

Noticed this too!! It was the same last year - not sure what time of the year, where they suddenly increased in price. Got a big shock when I went to Lidl on Sunday and saw that they had gone up by 20cent to 89cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So I read on Reddit that Lidl's Toffee Yum Yums are the stuff dreams (and heart attacks) are made of. Can anyone comment? My one never seems to have any when I'm in there.

So I finally managed to snaffle some of these this morning.

I can see why people like them, they certainly are sweet. Possibly too sweet for me though. I couldn't eat more than one at a go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

So I finally managed to snaffle some of these this morning.

I can see why people like them, they certainly are sweet. Possibly too sweet for me though. I couldn't eat more than one at a go.

They are teeth wateringly sweet, we got them most weeks for a while there, had enough after a while but we'll be back..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Picked up the Deluxe ‘Amazonas’ dark hot chocolate yesterday. I’m always on the look out for a nice one. Has anyone else tried it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Toulouse wrote: »
    Picked up the Deluxe ‘Amazonas’ dark hot chocolate yesterday. I’m always on the look out for a nice one. Has anyone else tried it?

Didn’t read the label properly, it’s dark chocolate chips. I could have just bought a bar of 60% dark chocolate and done the same thing. I am now however the proud owner of the worlds smallest whisk which comes in the tub as well :)

Advertisement