Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

.red. wrote: »
    I picked up a frozen Lemon Meringue Roulade last week.
    Very tasty, nice and light too after a Sunday roast.
    I think there was a second flavour too but I can't remember what it was.

Think they have a raspberry one

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

vicwatson wrote: »
    Think they have a raspberry one

The raspberry one is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

Has anyone actually seen the elusive onion rings?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

posy2010 wrote: »

Nope. The sign was up for a couple of weeks in my local shop, but the actual product never appeared to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

They’ve been in the Mallow store for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Nope..not been in either of Sligo stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nor Shankill or Bray or Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Debub

The raspberry one is unreal.

We had this last night, for us - if it was a tad less sweet, it would have been great

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anna’s cheese and onion potato cakes things, don’t bother, not enough cheese and too many herbs, and pricey at €1.99

They're advertising the onion rings again, will it be third time lucky and they actually appear this time? Would go nice with the leftover sandwiches on At Stephens Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sorry to bring up an old classic: Brioche burger buns.

There is a newer range to my Lidl (Rathfarnham) that has a normal bun (Blue pack) and a multiseed bun (gold pack). They have a much longer shelf life on them - i wonder are these the ones people said werent great, as i agree - they arent.

The ones i would be used to getting are in a black and red wrapper / bag and have a shorter shelf life on them - but are far and away nicer.

Im hoping the red ones dont get discontinued and replaced.

Thargor wrote: »
    They're advertising the onion rings again, will it be third time lucky and they actually appear this time? Would go nice with the leftover sandwiches on At Stephens Day.

Did you see a date for them or did you see it in the Christmas booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,597 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Has anyone seen the port miniature set, or Wild Boar steaks (not sure if fresh or frozen)?

They were advertised in the Christmas booklet and supposed to be in store by now but no sign in D3.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Lidl best of Irish week is back next Monday 2nd of September!

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/kickstart-best-of-ireland/c936/w2
    prodsc wrote: »
    Did you see a date for them or did you see it in the Christmas booklet?
    Christmas booklet I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loads of the onion rings in Lidl Ballyvolane, Cork City at the weekend anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

leahyl wrote: »
    Loads of the onion rings in Lidl Ballyvolane, Cork City at the weekend anyway!

Has anyone tried the hasselback potatoes from the same range? I keep meaning to give them a go, they look delicious on the picture on the pack anyway! (What doesn't, though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the port miniature set, or Wild Boar steaks (not sure if fresh or frozen)?

They were advertised in the Christmas booklet and supposed to be in store by now but no sign in D3.

No sign of the boar or venison (they're fresh, btw) in Ballycullen either. Not even a price point, and when I asked, they hadn't a clue what I was talking about. Think I'll tweet them today and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppy37

Plenty of the onion rings in tralee last weekend. They were in with the hassleback potatoes, loads of them available too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I don’t believe the Boar steaks exist.

Wild Boar steaks in Sligo today and Beer Battered Onion Rings������������

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I bought the salted caramel & dark chocolate profiteroles this evening. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,382 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Has anyone tried the hasselback potatoes from the same range? I keep meaning to give them a go, they look delicious on the picture on the pack anyway! (What doesn't, though!)

I tried them. They were okay but over priced in my opinion.

Also, I saw the wold boar steaks!

The venison finally appeared in my local store today - and it is frozen. No mention of that in the mag. Still bought some, it would have been going in the freezer anyway. Wild boar steaks remain as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Wild Boar frozen too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I doubt you would see fresh, not frozen ones there.

Not a fan anyway, but never seen fresh in Aldi, Lidl or even the mainstream supermarkets.

wonski wrote: »

Not a fan anyway, but never seen fresh in Aldi, Lidl or even the mainstream supermarkets.

Their Irish venison is always fresh but it's still a bit early in the season for it, doesn't come in til December or early Jan normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Their Irish venison is always fresh but it's still a bit early in the season for it, doesn't come in til December or early Jan normally.

Never seen that in Lidl tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,597 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

wonski wrote: »

I've seen different cuts of Venison fresh in Super Valu and steaks in one of ALDI\LIDL, can't remember which though!
    It was v nice but not worth the premium price versus ribeye steak imo.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I bought the salted caramel & dark chocolate profiteroles this evening. Will report back.

Meh, they were ..... okay. Fine, but nothing to get too excited about. I wouldn't buy them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The venison finally appeared in my local store today - and it is frozen. No mention of that in the mag. Still bought some, it would have been going in the freezer anyway. Wild boar steaks remain as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Yeah got the venison myself but there was no wild boar steaks there but in their place was ostrich steaks. Hoping the wild boar shows up as Im planning on stocking up and making some wild boar ragu

Advertisement