Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Very disappointed wity the deluxe range soups which appeared with the christmas food.

Chanterelle mushroom
    Crab
    Crayfish
    Almond

Ended up pouring them down the sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Their hyaluronic face serum is excellent. In a glass bottle, €4 I think. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

vicwatson wrote: »
    The deluxe beer battered onion rings are back since last Monday 375g €1.79

Can't find these in my local..asked a manager who said they weren't on rotation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Deluxe barm brack €1.79 is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

It was on sale in my local Aldi for .79 last five in the basket :pac::pac:
    It was very nice!

• Advertisement

The Malted Wheaties are gone again from the shelves.
    I might have the name wrong, but the Aldi equivalent of Shreddies.

Has anyone seen them elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The Lidl I go to, for some reason now for about the past 6 months, have had no Mexican or chili-con-carne sauce in the sauces section. Why would this be?? There is lots of Italian, Indian, Chinese and even Thai sauces. And they used to have the Mexican and it was good, but it’s just vanished 6 months ago and hasn’t been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

We've been getting the cheap one as much as possible over the past week. (It's amazing!) Stocking up the freezer! My mother found one with two rings in it earlier :pac:, not that that's why we're buying them, but I haven't tasted the Deluxe one yet.

ellejay wrote: »
    It was on sale in my local Aldi for .79 last five in the basket :pac::pac:
    It was very nice!

The deluxe one?

Both LIDL and ALDI have cheaper ones at 79c

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Lidl Ireland Deluxe Irish Carved Roast Chicken Breast

€2.59

Recommended - Very nice.

Careful they have a similar "Deluxe" Chicken Packet,(Brown instead of Green) which I think has a "produced in Ireland' label, which probably means it has just been sliced and packaged in Ireland, but it's not Irish chicken.

J11fwhj.jpg
    eI1Z2H9.jpg

• Advertisement

The deluxe one?

My apologies, I don't think it's the Deluxe one.
    The Basket they were in had a sign reduced from 1.79 to .79.
    IMG_0416.JPG

12:04
    Just realised I posted in wrong thread, I got the brack in Aldi not Lidl.
    Sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why do people post such massive images??? (yours is OK ellejay as it's an attachment not inline)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Why do people post such massive images??? (yours is OK ellejay as it's an attachment not inline)

Because that's what resolution cameras take at these days. Besides, no-one's going to do any size compression when it's incredibly easy to literally drag-and-drop or paste an image into the likes of Imgur to upload it.

Gone are the days when image hosting sites required uploads to be under 256kB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Chrome Android and Chrome desktop always resize them for me anyway, I never see the screen all stretched out by a massive image like in the old days when one was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is that an add-on Thargor?

Back in the old days Opera had a button which resized images and text to fit the window, haven't seen an add-on since then which is any good

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Is that an add-on Thargor?

Back in the old days Opera had a button which resized images and text to fit the window, haven't seen an add-on since then which is any good

Nope, that's standard Chrome behaviour. I use the Brave browser and it also auto resizes images to fit the window.

I always get a shock when looking at images embedded in Boards on Firefox or IE.

prodsc wrote: »
    Can't find these in my local..asked a manager who said they weren't on rotation!!

Deluxe Battered onion rings In store mon oct 28th again according to latest brochure

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Deluxe Battered onion rings In store mon oct 28th again according to latest brochure

The signs have been on the freezer for the last week or two in my local, but no sign of the actual product.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The signs have been on the freezer for the last week or two in my local, but no sign of the actual product.

Yes they advertised them for sale a week or two ago also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Their already there.

• Advertisement

The regular barm brick for 79c is just as good as the one for €1.79 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Still no onion rings, and the signs for them have disappeared now :confused:

Picked up a three-cheese loaf in the bakery section, and it's bloody gawjus. They used to have a cheesy sourdough before, and it was awful, just pure stodge - but this is lovely and light and savoury. Toasted and crispy it's even better. I've had to put the rest of the loaf in the freezer to stop myself scoffing the whole bloody thing.

Was very excited to see that the marzipan logs are back! Athough they're another dangerous thing to have in the house.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I really like the new J. D. Gross single origin dark chocolate bars (100g) lidl have in atm. I can't find a picture online, but the packaging of the bars are very decorative and eye-catching. 2 varieties are available: 60% (Peru) and 70% (Madagascar).

I have also tried the Milk chocolate variant from Grenada and it has a very nice, rich taste, I think it has 46% cocoa.

I'm a chocolate fiend and tend to favour single origin variants (between 60-85%) the most of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I really like the new J. D. Gross single origin dark chocolate bars (100g) lidl have in atm. I can't find a picture online, but the packaging of the bars are very decorative and eye-catching. 2 varieties are available: 60% (Peru) and 70% (Madagascar).

I have also tried the Milk chocolate variant from Grenada and it has a very nice, rich taste, I think it has 46% cocoa.

I'm a chocolate fiend and tend to favour single origin variants (between 60-85%) the most of all.

Totally agree on the single origin 70% - unreal! (would love an 85% single origin, 60% is a little low for me!) Great value for single origin bars too - they really are much more nuanced flavour wise than non single origin stuff imo. Props to LIDL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

The deluxe one?

I've tried both of these and the Lidl one is 1000% better - the aldi .79c brack is extremely dry whereas the Lidl .79c one is delicious and moist without being stodgy.
    I thought at first the Aldi one was just very very stale but I felt a much fresher one and it was exactly the same.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I bought these a couple iof weeks ago and they are absolutely delicious. I picked them up as they didn't have any other kiwis but didn't realise that they were a different variety. The flesh inside is a golden colour instead of green and they are a lot sweeter than your usual kiwi. On the lookout for them again!

I think they were €1.69 for a pack of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

B0jangles wrote: »
    I've tried both of these and the Lidl one is 1000% better - the aldi .79c brack is extremely dry whereas the Lidl .79c one is delicious and moist without being stodgy.
    I thought at first the Aldi one was just very very stale but I felt a much fresher one and it was exactly the same.

I got the 79c brack today - it’s very tasty :) A definite winner. Thanks for the recommendation, as the Aldi is not particularly great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Has anybody got the beer battered onion rings this week?

contacted CS but no reply��

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

Sorry, I know it's not food but the w5 washing up liquid is rubbish! :mad: The suds disappear in a few minutes and it doesn't take tough grease / stains off at all. Back to fairy I think

I have to agree. The bottle of Fairy is your only man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭.red.

I picked up a frozen Lemon Meringue Roulade last week.
    Very tasty, nice and light too after a Sunday roast.
    I think there was a second flavour too but I can't remember what it was.

Advertisement