Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Have they stopped doing fresh sweet potatoes? Haven't seen them in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Blacktie. wrote: »

I got some last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thargor wrote: »
    Feeling lazy after a days overtime I had a Lidl bacon and cabbage ready meal, not bad! Ive had worse from pub carveys before.

I like these a lot. Handy meals to have in the fridge if busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I just wish that my local one would get the bloody wraps back in :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

kylith wrote: »
    I just wish that my local one would get the bloody wraps back in :mad:

They might be back as a Halloween special.

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    They might be back as a Halloween special.

Oh, you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Blacktie. wrote: »

None in my local store (Ballycullen) and the price point is gone too.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    None in my local store (Ballycullen) and the price point is gone too.

Same here. Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Has anyone seen the 81% JD Gross dark chocolate recently? It has been missing in my LIDL for months now - just the 70% caramel and orange ones :-(

This is back now but is an 85% and in new packaging - nice but preferred the 81% I think, it had a lovely mouthfeel due to the extra cocoa butter

They have single origins in 60 and 70%s too must try them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The dark chocolate with mint is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know did Lidl stop selling the frozen half legs of lamb? Have looked for them a couple of times now but no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Finally got the sour cream and lime tortilla chips (out of stock for over a week) I'm actually pretty disappointed. If I din't know they were supposed to be lime, I would never have guessed. They're not a patch on the Doritos lime ones which Tesco now seem to have discontinued :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Finally got the sour cream and lime tortilla chips (out of stock for over a week) I'm actually pretty disappointed. If I din't know they were supposed to be lime, I would never have guessed. They're not a patch on the Doritos lime ones which Tesco now seem to have discontinued :(

Walkers had these lime crisps, they were gorgeous, can’t get them anywhere though.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qMY0aPyOL._SX385_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I picked up one of the chocolate-coated rum raisin marzipan logs yesterday and it's going to be a real struggle not to buy them every time I set foot in the place :p. So delicious and rummy and christmassy!

They have single origins in 60 and 70%s too must try them

Can confirm the 70% madagascar single origin bar is a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Belgian waffles are my kryptonite.
    Thankfully I've only found them in Belgium / France, but Aldi have them in occasionally.

Popped into Lidl this morning to see the below.
    It doesn't look seasonal, so may be a stock item.
    My weight may explode... Save me!

Put some Nutella on the plain sugar ones and 20secs or so in the microwave. You're welcome.

IMG-20191004-091948-768x1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ive seen them in my local for the past couple of years, so would say they are permanent rather than seasonal. Sorry WM :D

Baggly wrote: »
    Ive seen them in my local for the past couple of years, so would say they are permanent rather than seasonal. Sorry WM :D

Wow, first time I've ever seen them and I'd like to think I'd have everything scanned by now.
    Clearly my inner safety-waist-gain blockers have malfunctioned and I'm now at risk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Wow, first time I've ever seen them and I'd like to think I'd have everything scanned by now.
    Clearly my inner safety-waist-gain blockers have malfunctioned and I'm now at risk :D

Pop them in the toaster. Crispy around the edges. Yum!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just go to Belgium, go to any kind of farmers market and get a freshly made in front of you, one.
    You ll never want one of those pre packed ones again. Problem solved.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Just go to Belgium, go to any kind of farmers market and get a freshly made in front of you, one.
    You ll never want one of those pre packed ones again. Problem solved.

I'll add the trip into the weekly shopping route so:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Cheap Ryanair flight to get rid of an addiction. Should be worth it.

I had those waffles as well from lidl or aldi. They are not bad.
    But i had the real thing. Shouldnt even be compared to be honest

Sorry, I know it's not food but the w5 washing up liquid is rubbish! :mad: The suds disappear in a few minutes and it doesn't take tough grease / stains off at all. Back to fairy I think

The W5 orange bottle degreaser spray is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

fin12 wrote: »
    The W5 orange bottle degreaser spray is brilliant.

fin12, do you think would it take grease off tiles that are on wall behind cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

ellejay wrote: »
    fin12, do you think would it take grease off tiles that are on wall behind cooker.

There is a product in a lot of the pound shop/homeware stores at the moment called Elbow Grease. I've used it on my cooker hood and it cleaned it easily. It's in a yellow trigger bottle. It's supposedly one of the Mrs Hinch recommended products. I don't follow her but I've heard of the hype. Anyway it's not expensive (under 1.50) and I'd say it might suit you for cleaning your tiles.

ellejay wrote: »

Ya I do, give it a go.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya I do, give it a go.
    Use with hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The deluxe beer battered onion rings are back since last Monday 375g €1.79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

MB05 wrote: »
    There is a product in a lot of the pound shop/homeware stores at the moment called Elbow Grease. I've used it on my cooker hood and it cleaned it easily. It's in a yellow trigger bottle. It's supposedly one of the Mrs Hinch recommended products. I don't follow her but I've heard of the hype. Anyway it's not expensive (under 1.50) and I'd say it might suit you for cleaning your tiles.

Dealz have it, I spotted it earlier. Have not tried though but will pick some up next time.

Advertisement